My year of living dangerously

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,158 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    No wonder that there is low morale :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I feel for you in that horrible environment DIA.
    However, you know that soon you will be gone and that cloud will be off of your shoulders . Not very mse, but I think that you should have that coffee & cake etc . If it's a small boost then why not ?
    It's only for a short while anyway . Only my angle of course .
    Anyway , stay focused on your home project and keep going ..
  • Another one who is not surprised that morale is low. Can you take in cake from home with your lunch so you don't have to buy it? Coffee is essential in my opinion though :D.

It's good to get your redundancy as high as possible.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,158 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Can only say cake & coffee are always good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi - I used to read your first diary and I think you followed my first diary at times? Anyway it’s nice to see your progress and great news on your exciting plans for the future!! Sorry to read about the work stuff at the moment but at least there’s an end in sight - take care and good luck - I will follow your progress 😀
    Started this journey in 2013 (on a previous diary) with approx 94,000 total of morg and debt combined

Total Morg and debt outstanding March 2019. 84,487.00

Total morg and debt o/standing 1/11/19 - 80,177
    Total morg and debt o/standing 8/3/20 - 77,996

Total morg and debt Feb 2021 - 75021
    Total morg and debt jan 2022 - 68441
    Dec 2023 zero mortgage - debt under 10000
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm sneaking in late, trying to catch up. I don't think I've said how sorry I am about the work situation. Forced change is usually harder to cope with, especially with a long run up to it like you have. What I have found with longer transitions is that there are some people who get stuck in the anger denial cycle, and they bring everyone else down. All you can do is try to avoid the 'mood hoovers'.

Sounds good on saving the holidays, some places insist that you take them before you finish. I'm sure you have thought of it, but don't forget it may only be part of a years entitlement accrued in your calculations. Once formal notice of redundancy has been issued then people should get paid time off for interviews.

You do so much better than me on the eating front, my default food plan has always been toast.

Exciting times!
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    beanielou wrote: »
    No wonder that there is low morale :(
    I know and so long to go too.
    I feel for you in that horrible environment DIA.
    However, you know that soon you will be gone and that cloud will be off of your shoulders . Not very mse, but I think that you should have that coffee & cake etc . If it's a small boost then why not ?
    It's only for a short while anyway . Only my angle of course .
    Anyway , stay focused on your home project and keep going ..
    Thanks for the encouragement. And you've made me feel better about the coffee and cake.
    Another one who is not surprised that morale is low. Can you take in cake from home with your lunch so you don't have to buy it? Coffee is essential in my opinion though :D.

It's good to get your redundancy as high as possible.
    Thanks HH, yes I need my payment to be as a much as possible so losing 1 week's hols is fine. I'll have enough 'me' time after August. The annoying thing about cake is I can make better than I buy and would if I had an oven :(
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Hi - I used to read your first diary and I think you followed my first diary at times? Anyway it’s nice to see your progress and great news on your exciting plans for the future!! Sorry to read about the work stuff at the moment but at least there’s an end in sight - take care and good luck - I will follow your progress 😀
    Thanks, I'll pop over to your diary. Nice to 'see' you here. And you are right there is an end in sight, just to get there now...
    I'm sneaking in late, trying to catch up. I don't think I've said how sorry I am about the work situation. Forced change is usually harder to cope with, especially with a long run up to it like you have. What I have found with longer transitions is that there are some people who get stuck in the anger denial cycle, and they bring everyone else down. All you can do is try to avoid the 'mood hoovers'.

Sounds good on saving the holidays, some places insist that you take them before you finish. I'm sure you have thought of it, but don't forget it may only be part of a years entitlement accrued in your calculations. Once formal notice of redundancy has been issued then people should get paid time off for interviews.

You do so much better than me on the eating front, my default food plan has always been toast.

Exciting times!
    Thanks Redo. It feels tough right now and the final line seems so far away :(

You couldn't be more right about people stuck in the cycle.:( I am going to try and get as much WFH time as possible as I can control my surroundings and people in it then. ;)
    Thanks for the heads but yes I pro rated the leave I have left. I did not know about time off for interviews, so thanks for that too.

I love food planning and recipes and the challenge of tasty food on a budget ;)

I need to keep focused on my new lifestyle at the end of this. I can't wait :D
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Up early. A good start.

Trying to train myself to wake up earlier.
    Tomorrow I will try getting up 30 minutes earlier than today. Easier now it is lighter in the mornings.
    If I can become accustomed to being up and getting going very early, next I will start creative working on waking.

Rubbish and recycling sorted
    Washing done and out drying
    Rooms aired

Chicken marinating and a batch of quinoa cooked for the fridge
    Sun dried tomato frittata cooked for fridge

WFH today! A relief! Yesterday I kept wondering how on earth I can make it through the next few months until I can go?

A silly thing that appears to be a game changer. I have been so focussed on a dishwasher I thought that was the only solution. I threw out my old plastic and ugly dish drainer ages ago. Then I bought a small stainless steel one. I use my colander to drain cutlery. And bingo. I seem to be on top of the dishes again after ages of drowning in dishes. Sometimes it pays to rethink a situation :)

Have a good day everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You've grabbed that positive mentality this morning and it's paying off! Washing out, dishes sorted, rooms aired and you're ready to go for the day!

I mentioned a while back that I've started getting up with my husband in the morning (about 6.45am) to enable me to get a coffee in peace before the kids get up and the craziness ensues. It's actually working really well rather than being rudely awoken by kids and thrown straight into the chaos of getting ready. I hope you manage to find the right balance!

Also, the earlier you get started, the earlier you can get finished and have your afternoons/ evenings as your own.

What time are you aiming to get up and what is that relative to your normal wakening time? Just curious!

I'm considering some home yoga at lunchtime to get me moving.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family