It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• G'morning all.

The viewing yesterday was great. My step-dad said the flat was perfect and agreed with me that I should formally declare my interest and bid!! So excited. The lady who lives there has clearly taken good care of it for the last 4 years and it ticks all the boxes and more.

I've arranged a call at 1pm with the mortgage brokers who gave the cheapest quote to organise a solicitor which I'll need to make a bid.

I've not stopped thinking about the flat and what I can do with it. Not that it needs much, it truly doesn't, but things like colour schemes etc. I've a few boards on Pinterest with various ideas. I'm just super excited.

Anyway. Need to stop getting ahead of myself. Not even put the bid in never mind it being accepted!!

So that was me last night. Apart from that I didn't do too much. I had a relatively early night due to the early rise this morning for the gym. I've got football tonight which will ruin my NSD but that's all.

Keep you all posted :)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Very exciting for you - though do try (and I only mean try as its difficult) not to pin all your hopes on it just in case things aren't meant to be.
    When we bought one of our flats we felt that there was hardly anything that we'd need to do to it - big shock when we moved in and saw what their apparently pristine decor looked like without their furniture, pictures etc against it. I think I had the wallpaper off the living room by the next lunchtime! Taught me a lesson and now I assume that everywhere we move to will require decorating, though not necessarily within 48hours.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Hey Joey :)

That's a fair point. The biggie (I think) tends to the carpets, as they can be expensive (I think), so I paid close attention to them yesterday and they seemed in very good condition. Very warm, thick and comfortable.

I plan on taking a week off whenever I get the keys to my first home to decorate. Fresh lick of paint and organise things. Hopefully I'll have furniture to build and things to organise etc, so I do plan on doing a bit of decorating.
  • Exciting stuff, that's great news :D
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Ooo how exciting! Please let us know how it goes with the bid
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    All of my carpets have been remnants and end of roll, which is a way better deal than the full price stuff.
    So pleased you like the place, and I hope that it all works out for you.
  • Hi everyone,

Well after my call with the mortgage broker, they quickly put me in touch with a local solicitor who sent me a quote which was cheaper than I could find elsewhere at £767.00. I accepted and said I'd like to proceed and officially made a bid on the property!!!!!

The house is being sold by Purple Bricks, who operate differently from most other estate agents. So I had to make the bid through their website, was really simple to do though. Last night, after football, I received a message from the seller asking when I would be looking to move in (which I take as a good sign). I replied saying I was happy to work around her because she hasn't found a home to buy for herself yet.

Checked again this morning and the offer is still classed as "being considered", so I'll update you if and when it's accepted/rejected.

Apart from that excitement yesterday. I had football which should've cost me £3.50 but I forgot my wallet, so I got a NSD but I'll pay double next week.

Gym this morning and it was leg day. My god I'm knackered. Walking like John Wayne.

Anyway, must get back to it. Hopefully I'll be back on soon with good news.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Fingers crossed for you.
    Don't forget Topcashback for everything that you need to do with insurance etc - you even get paid for doing the comparisons.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£330.00 (66%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£062.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Morning everyone,

Welllll......

IT WAS ACCEPTED!!

I had a phone call yesterday from Purple Bricks to tell me the seller has decided to take my offer and they'll change the listing to "under offer". Due to technical difficulties, I won't get emails/updates until later this morning which I'll be glad to see.

Hasn't sunk in yet. Can't imagine it but I'm sooo looking forward to it. Wish I had a bit more money to furnish the place though. I think Ikea will be my friend.

It may sound cheesy but I'd like to repeat something I said when I became debt free last year; thank you to each of you who visit this thread, read and post. It helps keep me accountable and gives me motivation, so thank you all so very much.

Exciting times.
  • Hi Speky,

Congrats on your offer being accepted!!! You've worked so hard for it. I'm still saving for my deposit (prices are ridiculous round here), but it's so exciting to see you at the final stages!! Please keep us updated with the process, would love to see how you get on :)

Any any tips on furnishing for cheap would be great as well :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure