Is it free to use the internet browser on my ps4?

Options
Hi so I have a ps4 and I have connected it to my wifi, do I have to pay extra for my internet or something if I use the internet browser on my ps4 to watch videos etc?

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Hi so I have a ps4 and I have connected it to my wifi, do I have to pay extra for my internet or something if I use the internet browser on my ps4 to watch videos etc?

No you dont pay any extra to use the browser, a browser on your phone would be easier to navigate.
  • andymandy92
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    No you dont pay any extra to use the browser, a browser on your phone would be easier to navigate.
    Thanks for replying...what about watching videos on my ps4 via the internet browser is that free too? As I have a big TV so it's better than my phone.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 April 2018 at 9:46PM
    Options
    Thanks for replying...what about watching videos on my ps4 via the internet browser is that free too? As I have a big TV so it's better than my phone.

Lol yes, im sure theres a list of what you and cant do with a ps4.

Give it a try, if its going to charge you there will be a prompt warning you of the charge.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    It doesn't charge you. You might be confused because you have to pay a subscription to play certain games online. That doesn't have anything to do with just browsing the internet though. You will be fine to do that with no charge :)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You wont get any unexpected charges. If you bought something in the psn store it would clearly state the cost and ask for payment. If you tried to use something you have to pay for like playing online multiplayer it simply wont let you unless you buy a subscription.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure