What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 9th April?

Comments

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Afternoon fellow penny wranglers!

Impromptu day off today as youngest small has caught chicken pox at nursery, he's miserable so we've snuggled up on the sofa with a blankie watching Peppa Pig (oh joy!)

In other news the online banking smart key arrived on Tuesday so I spent a lot of time shuffling money around but now back on top of everything I think and paid all bills.

Thanks all for the advice about freezing things - i used to freeze all sorts but somehow got out of the habit - must start this again.

Ally - hope you've recovered ok from your first night shift

Anyway onto all things MS:

:A found a pack of stuffing in the back of the cupboard so will use that with some ys potatoes to do a huge roast for tea
    :A doing meal plan and shopping list for next week - shouldnt need much again.
    :A finalised home insurance and theyre not taking the payment til next month so more time to top up the pot
    :A looking at the MSE cheap energy club as my fix comes to an end soon - looks like i can save £300 per year.
    :A cashed out some survey sites
    :A 2.89 cashback from shopmium - gone to debt fund
    :A made another debt payment to MBNA
    :A wombled a receipt i found in the trolley at asda a couple of day ago - its worth £3.64!
    :A checked DH' bank for his wage amount coming ni tomorrow and mentally allocated to various pots

Thats it I think
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,027
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Daffodils coming up 'blind'. This is usually due to insufficient nutrients or because the clumps are now congested & require lifting & dividing up.
    Some of mine have also come up blind & I know it's lack of nutrients in this case. I always cut the seed heads off after flowering & leave the foliage to die back naturally to feed the bulb for next year, but these particular daffs are next to a hungry combination of a tree, privet & a wall and the soil there is poor. I'm going to feed the foliage this time & hopefully they will flower next yesr. Hppe this helps m'duck!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Daffodils coming up 'blind'. This is usually due to insufficient nutrients or because the clumps are now congested & require lifting & dividing up.
    Some of mine have also come up blind & I know it's lack of nutrients in this case. I always cut the seed heads off after flowering & leave the foliage to die back naturally to feed the bulb for next year, but these particular daffs are next to a hungry combination of a tree, privet & a wall and the soil there is poor. I'm going to feed the foliage this time & hopefully they will flower next yesr. Hppe this helps m'duck!
    F x

Thanks v. Much :D
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2018 at 6:18PM
    Good Evening All

Another dull, damp and overcast day, today we have:

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Transferred monies to our ISA's
    Fab gym session
    Hospital this afternoon with mum
    Purged a few emails
    Swagbucks
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, WinaDinner, FPL -
    Read

Hoping to relax this evening and enter a few comps.

Take care all

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 17/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2018 at 6:35PM
    Hi April Awesomees,

Another work night. Trying to adjust to my new routine. Very tired so not much moneysaving today. Also too tired to spend any money.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Take a snack to work. Not really feeling like taking a "meal" for my break at 3am!

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • I'm so excited - I finished my dress. It's currently in the WM being dyed and has 2 minutes until it's finished. I can hardly wait :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Morning all :)
    Up early, had a shower and washed my hair, and allowed it to dry naturally. Pegged washing out, but it has started to drizzle :( Hopefully it will stop!

Anyway, other plans:
    More new tyres today, this time for the campervan :eek:
    All meals from stores. I have started a new shopping list, and I need more compost for the garden pots, but I will put off buying any of this for a few days I think!
    I need to post some stuff for RM surveys, plus a small ebay sale, buy a plant or some flowers for the friend who has invited us to lunch tomorrow, and I have a cheque to pay in. Might try to walk into town - haven't done this for a while due to painful hip, but it isn't too bad atm
    Tidy up the dining room as it has become a dumping ground again :(
    Some gardening if warm enough - got really cold yesterday and I was only out for about 45 minutes :( I really want to sort out the big pots in the front garden :)
    Bargainous gammon to cook for dinner / lunches -local butcher had 2 joints of locally cured gammon on sale for £5.99 :) One to cook and one to freeze.
    Check banks and update spreadsheet
    Check for surveys

More coffee, then need to tidy kitchen, wash up etc :)
  • Morning :) Dress came out perfectly :D Boo hoo last day off :cry: until Tuesday. We were hoping to go to the park with friends but the weather hasn't been good overnight. I might suggest going swimming....

Currently I am cutting up a shirt to make into a peplum blouse to wear today :D

Things to do today:

* life ins person calling me to set up the ins this morning. Serendipity - I didn't end up having time to call yesterday and the person texted me so I asked her to call this morning - her phone line not my minutes :money:
    * make something for lunches over next few days - probably spicy beans and rice thingy
    * get clothes ready for work
    * check onepoll
    * submit receipt on a "try me for free" product :D
    * going for a meal for a friend's birthday
    * B/L/D from stores (apart from me obviously!)
    * sow some seeds

Ok that's all. Happy Friday guys :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning all :hello: loving all the sewing that's going on determined makes me want to get my machine out

Quick list for today:
    Check banking, surveys
    Something out of freezer for tea
    Try and go to gym
    Work from Home so no commute
    All meals from stores
    Meal plan for next week, start a shopping list if I need to
    Finally move money around various pots
    Watch something free on tv tonight, may do pop corn and cinema style at home
    More washing, does it ever stop, can't wait until it can all go out on the line every day....
    Check what I need so I can plant my fruit trees and blueberry bushes out, just a bag of special compost for blueberry bushes and one other bag of compost I think, want to check and not over buy though

Think that's all, have a good day peeps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,423
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Up early, had a shower and washed my hair, and allowed it to dry naturally. Pegged washing out, but it has started to drizzle :( Hopefully it will stop!

Anyway, other plans:
    More new tyres today, this time for the campervan :eek: Cheaper than the earthmover was yesterday, but still £130 :eek: Lots more vehicle expenses coming up, with both needing MOT and service, and the campervan needing quite a lot of work. Have to keep other costs down!
    All meals from stores. I have started a new shopping list, and I need more compost for the garden pots, but I will put off buying any of this for a few days I think! Shopping list underway
    I need to post some stuff for RM surveys, plus a small ebay sale, buy a plant or some flowers for the friend who has invited us to lunch tomorrow, and I have a cheque to pay in. Might try to walk into town - haven't done this for a while due to painful hip, but it isn't too bad atm Done, bought pink and yellow tulips to take with us tomorrow, 2 bunches for £5 in Waitrose, was the best value I found. Plants in the florists' shops looked the worse for wear :(
    Tidy up the dining room as it has become a dumping ground again :(Done a bit of rearranging
    Some gardening if warm enough - got really cold yesterday and I was only out for about 45 minutes :( I really want to sort out the big pots in the front garden :)Still too cold :(
    Bargainous gammon to cook for dinner / lunches -local butcher had 2 joints of locally cured gammon on sale for £5.99 :) One to cook and one to freeze. Done, and there is loads left for another meal :)
    Check banks and update spreadsheet Done
    Check for surveys A few today, must get back into this

More coffee, then need to tidy kitchen, wash up etc :)

Managed to walk into town and back without my hip hurting :j:j:T:T Haven't been able to do this for weeks (it is easily a couple of miles there and back) :):D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure