What small DFW things will you do w/c 3rd June?

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    merida88 wrote: »
    Happy new week one and all :)

I am feeling the pinch of my recent off-wagon excursion. Not moaning, just a statement of fact.
    I am also trying to be more together in a few aspects of my life – timekeeping, ironing, keeping the car clean. Basic things most people seem to manage quite well! Darn seagulls are making that last one difficult though :rotfl:

Today’s list:

- Meal plan (only got as far as tomorrow, need to buy bread today and am sick of supermarkets – do NOT want to be going more than once this week). I’m all out of ideas tbh, I feel so uninspired in the kitchen at the moment. Honestly if I could have milk, we’d just have cheese toasties all week. At least they’d be cheap :rotfl:
    - Supermarket shop WITH LIST
    - Send card to sis with what is possibly the last Christmas 2017 stamp
    - Agree weekend plan with OH
    - Mending or sock-knitting. Probably mending as I would like my blue blazer back in the work rotation.
    - Gym AM to use the membership - done
    - No alcohol (day 9 :D)

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Well done on the cutting out alcohol :)

Life is too short to iron ;)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Well done on the cutting out alcohol :)

Life is too short to iron ;)

Re. ironing, that has always been my motto, but I seem to have acquired work clothes which crumple like anything...
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2019 at 6:39PM
    Afternoon all :)
    Today's list:
    Half an apple from freezer plus a few HG strawberries with breakfast cereal :D
    Checked banks
    Pegged out my brother's washing - dry now, luckily as it rained this afternoon.
    Restocked sales unit, had quite a good month again in May (it was payday today :j)
    Shopping in Mr S. Did food bank donation, got a bag of compost plus the bits on my list and the total missed the minimum amount to use a £6 off coupon by pennies -gutted :( Must take calculator next time - or OH, as I always spend more when he is there :eek:
    Bit of gardening in the rain this afternoon - planted the plants I bought at the boot fair yesterday, and watered them in. The rain doesn't seem to be doing the trick, unfortunately.
    And the biggie - ate a big frog, did my 2018/19 tax return :T :j:beer: :AI have a small bill to pay, but was pretty much as expected. I have OH's left to do though :(

Cold chicken and leftover salad and potatoes for dinner after all that!
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello there :wave:

Gosh Merida - life is defo too short :p A tip my aunt showed me is that when you are buying clothes crumple them up as tight as you can in your hand. If the material crumples in the shop then it is a 'no buy' for me :D

I didn't get as far as I wanted with the washing. Our washing machine is broke!! OH was you tubing it and has ordered the part it needs so hopefully that will do the trick... Doesn't bode well for the reusable nappies I wanted to order...:rotfl: Might be buying more disposables tomorrow.:rotfl:

Righty-ho, catch up tomorrow xx
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PurpleFairy Thank you for starting this weeks thread :A

Today I have:
    Checked banking
    Take children to training
    Take snacks & drinks
    Went shopping and stuck to the list
    Put ALL the shopping away
    Correctly delivered survey
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    hey well today i didn't get most of the items done which i had planned however i have;

# Ordered some wedding bits for our top table
    # Visited work to hand in my sick note & popped in to my nursery room to get my house keys & my 'home' shoes. Also met my new temporary manager briefly
    # Downloaded fortnite on my PC
    # Cooked tea with OH
    # Looked at hotel prices for the hotel right next to the registry office where we are getting married as I now have had a change of heart & want getting ready photos & hotel has more space than my parents. Plus, Don't really want to stay at my parents on the night before as I'd have to sleep on sofa and so will my MOH who's doing my H&M...Our dogs would keep us awake all night by barking & running through the living room, scratching their paws on the wooden flooring. don't particularly want a restless night.
    # Sent our completed wedding planner off to registry office so awaiting confirmation of ceremony and hopefully pay it all off tomorrow. Got answers I needed to create a rough day-of time line. MOH is on board for the hotel stay, just waiting on my parents.
    # Had a nice detour whilst OH drove me to work ...
    # Researched top table ideas
    # Called Three to try and sort out the fact that I was charged a whole months bill when i was told I didn't have to do anything to cancel because it was end of contract and it would automatically end. I clarified multiple times with them about me not having to do anything told me i was correct. Today was told i had to ring to cancel contract as i am still being charged for the ended-contract. The person is investigating the call & will ring me with the out come tomorrow. Safe to say I am FUMING
    # Had really nice hugs with OH , I've been feeling super down today.
    # Emptied hoover & emptied the filter from 5+ years worth of dust (it was previously owned by my mum)
    # Did a little washing up & general tidy away
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    La escocesa I like that tip from your aunt, thank you for sharing.

Our washing machine broke when ds was a couple of weeks old, my Mum bless her washed his nappies by hand, which was amazing. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned broken washing machines and washable nappies. I will make sure I give her an extra big hug when she gets back from her holiday.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 

• Deni - I thought you were quite near me. That bridge is a pig. We have a fast tag for the tunnel. OH looked at an account after he paid the fine, but we rarely go over it and they take a fiver off you just for having the account! (Although still cheaper than £44!).

Yes CLF I am near you - hi!:wave: We go over the bridge quite a lot and DD1 goes over it at least once a week. But I've only been in the tunnel once and that was by accident thanks to my Satnav! I played it cool though and told DD2's boyfriend that I thought he'd like to see the football stadia :rotfl:

I've had a NSD again! All meals from stores. Worked till 6.15 then went to exercise class - this is prepaid and we get 6 classes for the price of 5.

Nite everyone
    Deni x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello:

Up and about early so a few (quiet) things done whilst the rest of the house is asleep!

Logged on to online banking and deleted payees that I no longer need, so I don't pay someone by accident when using OLB
    Finely chopped some spinach to go in chickpea curry cooked overnight in sc, switched off and let residual heat cook it down
    Check surveys
    Update food spend sheet

Few other things:
    Put winter coats (that I washed last week when weather was good) in laundry bags and put in loft along with hats, scarfs and gloves
    Get some chicken out of freezer for tea
    Take cake I made yesterday as I gift.
    Vacuum through
    Water plants if it doesn't rain
    Triage fridge

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all,
    Woken at Stupid O'clock by a cat fight outside. Not our cat, I'm pleased to say, but it was about 3.40am & I didn't get back to sleep properly so gave up & am planning my day instead. Frugal stuff will be:
    *Two baths from one lot of hot water.
    *Bake a wholemeal loaf.
    *Make a red bean pie.... enough for today & tomorrow.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Water greenhouse veggies.
    *Turn heel on the sock I'm knitting for the :presents box (yarn from stash)
    *Free fitness today will be de-gunking the pond, as it will involve a lot of bending, stretching & trotting up & down to the compost bins.
    *Update my tracking of this month's personal spends.
    *Transfer refill notebook to existing cover & check there is no information in my old notebook which I need to keep.
    Other tasks as they occur throughout the day.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure