Vodafone

I noticed a couple of months ago I was paying two direct debits to Vodafone, one for about £36, which was correct, and another for £9 - for what I do not know. I couldn't get any answer from Vodafone so I just cancelled the £9 direct debit. I have today received a call from Zinc Company saying I owed £29.97 to Vodafone and if I didn't cough up my credit rating will be affected!! I've been with Vodafone for over 20 years without any bother. I'm a bit worried about this. I spoke today to someone at Vodafone (Indian Call Centre) who said the cancelled direct debit went to an "outside party" who he would call tomorrow (they closed at 6pm apparently) and get back to me tomorrow. It's really worrying!

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    dot2005 wrote: »
    I noticed a couple of months ago I was paying two direct debits to Vodafone, one for about £36, which was correct, and another for £9 - for what I do not know. I couldn't get any answer from Vodafone so I just cancelled the £9 direct debit. I have today received a call from Zinc Company saying I owed £29.97 to Vodafone and if I didn't cough up my credit rating will be affected!! I've been with Vodafone for over 20 years without any bother. I'm a bit worried about this. I spoke today to someone at Vodafone (Indian Call Centre) who said the cancelled direct debit went to an "outside party" who he would call tomorrow (they closed at 6pm apparently) and get back to me tomorrow. It's really worrying!

You really didn't need to post the same post twice, just post it once.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    dot2005 wrote: »

Sounds like an in app purchase or something of that nature, do you play games on your phone ?
    You may inadvertently have signed up to a recurring payment for in game content, or something like that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • RecentPost
    RecentPost Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Is it possible the 2nd payment was for a device plan or "add on" service?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure