Useful guide for filling in DLA Form

Options
This guide http://www.cerebra.org.uk/parent_support/DLA_guide.htm is designed to help parents fill in the DLA claim form but I guess it would be useful for anybody filling in the claim pack. The guide is downloadable or you can request a paper copy.

Cerebra is a great charity for brain injured children and young people, they have regular newsletters filled with info, give out grants (we have got a fantastic touch screen for my daughter)they have a holiday home and a sleep nurse.

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, Tilly's Mum, my sister is a teacher at a school with a child who has autism, the family don't get DLA, and don;t know where to start.

Is Cerebra the right organisation for them to get advice? I know he's not brain injured as in having had an accident, but I just wondered if they also help families of autistic children?
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • tilly's_mum
    Options
    Yes they help families children with autism - my DD2 is autistic.

They are best to get the DLA claim pack asap - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/DG_10011925
    as I think the claim will be backed dated to the date on the claim pack or the monday after - not 100% sure.

If they get awarded DLA they may be able to claim other benefits too like Carers Allowance (depends on family circumstances) or get extra Income Support or Child Tax Credits.

Welfare rights, a social worker or a carers centre can help with filling in the DLA form too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure