It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hello,

Spoke with the mortgage broker yesterday and they wanted my last 2 months bank statements and my last 3 months payslips. I've gave up asking why or arguing so I just done it. In the meantime, they'll speak with the lender to ensure I don't need to do anything else. We fear that some signed paperwork may have gone AWOL. I'll chase again today.

Had a chilled out evening yesterday and an early night which is just what I needed. Tonight I've got a boxing dinner at a local hotel so I'll maybe need a few quid for drinks and a taxi home.

Tomorrow I'm playing football in the morning (£7) then got a family get together in the evening which will be nice (and free).

Enjoy your weekend readers.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

An eventful weekend.

The boxing dinner went without a hitch. Spent £15 on the various charity donations and £10 for the taxi home.

Saturday's football ended badly as I tore my calf and I'm now in crutches for the foreseeable. 6 weeks at least. This meant my Saturday and Sunday was spent with it wrapped in ice and doing nothing. Soo frustrating.

Back to work today though. Office work so no need to walk about thankfully. Spanish lesson tonight too but not much else apart from that.

Have a nice Monday.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon Speky!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Thanks Louby.

I'm feeling pretty positive about it actually. I'll slowly but surely start using it more and start doing my stretches. Sooner I'm out the crutches, the better.

Spanish lesson last night was good. Beginning to all make sense now. Really need to dive head first into these types of things. Apart from that I didn't do too much and I recon that'll be the same for the next few weeks as I sit with my leg in ice.

I'll try and keep myself busy tonight - somehow.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh no. Sorry to hear that you're injured. That will be so frustrating for you as you're so active. Relax as much as you can, and I hope that you feel better soon.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Thanks CCL. Yeah it's really boring. Can't go to the gym, play football, go a run etc. Maybe it's all that exercise which cumulatively caused the injury.

Anyway.

I did manage to go to Currys before the sale ends and buy myself a Dyson for the flat, so that's another thing off the list.

I had a phone call from my solicitors checking how things were going with the flat, a nice touch. They also said the needed to see one of my statements, so I sent that across to them. I should hopefully hear today or tomorrow from the mortgage broker that all is in order.

Flavour of the week - no plans tonight. Going to try and use my leg more often as the sooner I'm out the crutches the better.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

I double checked my measurements and the bed frame I'm defo fits my bedroom. Armed with that confirmation I think I'll nip out at lunch today or tomorrow to purchase.

Mortgage broker emailed last night to tell me that all the information is with the lender and waiting on them signing it off. Solicitor has also confirmed they're waiting on the lender confirming things before we can move to the next stage - whatever that is.

Relaxed evening with my friend in front of the Xbox. Haven't done that in a while.

Forgot to take stuff out the freezer for dinner tonight, so I'll need to be creative tonight.

Have a super day :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Happy Friday.

Went to the bed place and left without buying. I wasn't 100% on the frame and I couldn't find a mattress I liked. I've to go to another store today to try more. I recon I'll complete the sale today though.

Not sure if I should be worried that confirmation hasn't came from the lender yet. 16th of May is the suggested move in date, which is 2/3 weeks away. Sit and wait.

Working tomorrow then I'll go to my friends for the big fight at night which I'm really looking forward to. And I'll do very little on Sunday. Although I might try and go to the pool and do some hydro exercises for my calf. See how it feels.

Have a lovely Friday everyone :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning,

A mixed weekend.

On Saturday my football team go beaten, heavily, by our rivals. The day was perked up though when I watched the boxing - what a fabulous fight. A piece of history. Sunday was more relaxed. Very relaxed actually, just the way a Sunday should be.

Leg's getting better. I'm feeling stronger this morning. Sooner I'm out the crutches, the better.

Not much planned for this week, which I'm fine with as that should mean low spending.

2 weeks till I move in to my new flat. Need to sort out paint colours as that's what I'll be doing when I get the keys. Still waiting to hear confirmation from the Bank of Ireland that the date change and all is ok. Worries me a bit given that the date is so close. I'll chase tomorrow when it's not a Bank holiday.

Keep you all posted. Have a nice day.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It's May and time for my monthly review of my goals for 2018.

Career
    Goal: Achieve my bonus targets in work
    April steps taken: A month has went by without my bonus structure changed. Quiet on the sales front but positive progress being made
    Plan for May: Tie down bonus structure and “keep on keeping on”

Goal: Build a stronger network of clients
    April steps taken: Felt much more comfortable with my clients and building stronger relationships. To be expected though over time
    Plan for May: Our events will slowly come to an end for a while so need to make the most of them. Will need to make an effort to keep in contact during the off season

[STRIKE]Goal: Attend at least 1 new training course[/STRIKE]
    April steps taken: It seems that this is to be put on the back burner for the time being and focus to lie elsewhere.

Relationships
    Goal: Spend more 1-2-1 time with my gran
    April steps taken: Seen my gran a few times which was lovely.
    Plan for May: Dinner date with her on Thursday. I promised I’d cook her a meal in my new flat so I may even manage that at the end of this month! How exciting.

Goal: Visit my Dad at least 6 times
    April steps taken: Didn’t get across to see him
    Plan for May: I might be able to manage a Sunday across, depends how things go with work.

Goal: Organise social events with my cousins
    April steps taken: We had a family get together last weekend which was a great laugh as always.
    Plan for May: I’ll invite them over to my place for maybe June time as I’ll hopefully have furniture in place by then.

Goal: See my friends children more often
    April steps taken: Popped in an out a few times what with their wedding. As the kids grow older they get more and more..boisterous.
    Plan for May: I’m not sure how things will work out this month as we both have lots on. It’s his 4th birthday soon so I’ll get him a card and something nice.

Self
    Goal: Start learning Spanish (again) - DONE

Goal: Live on a ketogenic diet
    April steps taken: When I injured my leg (last week) I went super strict and I felt the benefit the rest of the month was ok. 7/10
    Plan for May: Going to go back to the gym tomorrow and get into a routine again. When the fitness is on point as is the healthy eating.

Goal: Buy a house/flat - DONE

Goal: Save an emergency fund of £1k
    April steps taken: It was a frugal month and managed to put some by. Started now planning more for the future via YNAB in saving for dentist appointments, hair cuts etc.
    Plan for May: Continue on this path. I’ve budgeted for moving in spends (paint etc) so I don’t expect to have to borrow from other categories.

Goal: Read 10 books
    April steps taken: Finished making my notes on my previous book.
    Plan for May: Buy a new book. Some sort of self help again as I felt I took a lot from it.

Goal: Eat out less
    April steps taken: Very good month. YNAB shows I spent £16 eating out which I’m happy with.
    Plan for May: I should be able to aim for no spend at all actually this month what with all that’s going on, I’ll be too busy.

April was a good month. Helped hugely by a lucky £300 win at the bookies otherwise I could've been in trouble. Sorted for the month of May though and confident I'll stick to my budget and continue saving despite moving into my new property (15 days!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback