Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• CraigSavage
    Options
    Finally got our mortgage offer today from Halifax ��
  • Amoux
    Amoux Posts: 67 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maybe I'm one of the unlucky ones but Leeds Building Society have been nothing short of a disaster. Applied direct. 3 weeks in and they still haven't even checked our documents yet. They lost our mortgage pack in the post (or never sent it), have given no feedback at any stage of the process which has required me to call them up for a simple update. Oh and their secure email system is an abomination. We are only at the start of the process but I'm too invested now (both emotionally and financially) to look elsewhere.

Everything else, solicitors, surveys, searches are moving swiftly and efficiently. Afraid now that LBS alone might f**k everything up. :eek:
  • mossypne
    mossypne Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Finally got our mortgage offer today from Halifax ��
    How long from application? Submitted mine yesterday and it was referred to underwriters where they asked for 2 payslips and a letter showing my pay is going up in a month.
  • Sophyanne
    Sophyanne Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Amoux wrote: »
    Maybe I'm one of the unlucky ones but Leeds Building Society have been nothing short of a disaster. Applied direct. 3 weeks in and they still haven't even checked our documents yet. They lost our mortgage pack in the post (or never sent it), have given no feedback at any stage of the process which has required me to call them up for a simple update. Oh and their secure email system is an abomination. We are only at the start of the process but I'm too invested now (both emotionally and financially) to look elsewhere.

Everything else, solicitors, surveys, searches are moving swiftly and efficiently. Afraid now that LBS alone might f**k everything up. :eek:

This is so strange, they’ve been no hassle this end, maybe it’s because I used a broker though?

We submitted last Wednesday, all checks & valuation done last Thursday, notified of all changes are coming daily. Hopefully they speed up for you!!
  • Amoux
    Options
    Sophyanne wrote: »
    This is so strange, they’ve been no hassle this end, maybe it’s because I used a broker though?

We submitted last Wednesday, all checks & valuation done last Thursday, notified of all changes are coming daily. Hopefully they speed up for you!!

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking this too. It's almost like by applying direct they have somehow forgotten our application. Our online account has been shown stuck on "awaiting processing" for 3 weeks. Every time I call them up they give me reassuring noises that it's being handled but nothing is getting done! :mad:
  • mazibee
    mazibee Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are FTBs

20/03 AIP issued by Halifax, viewed many properties before puting an offer

10/04 Put an offer on property we liked and offer rejected.
    11/04 Increased our offer. Offer Accepted :)
    11/04 Solicitors instructed, Property marked as SOLD STC.
    12/04 Application put in by MB but lender was Santander. Received text at 17:00 from Santander (We are pleased to receive your mortgage application)
    16/04 Called MB for an update and he said that MB has received query, lender has asked for more proof of address I forwarded him the Council Tax Bill / Water Bill / Driving Licenses he has forwarded the same to lender. MB also told me the valuation has been instructed,but we have not received any message from Santander regarding that.
    24-04-2019 Valuation done.

Can someone who applied using a broker with Santander, confirm that they are reciving messages as the application is progressing?
    We have received only first message from Santander that they have application received our application on 12-04-2019 and no news after that.
  • Amoux
    Options
    I called Leeds Building Society this morning. It's been 22 days since applying (we applied as soon as our offer on the house was accepted) and we still haven't had our documents checked or a valuation booked. Documents submitted 8 days ago, (because they never sent us the mortgage pack) and they say it should be next Wednesday before we hear back now. I asked them why it's been so slow and they could only apologise. :mad:

It just seems like they keep pushing the deadline back more and more. I'm actually starting to fear at the pace that things are going that we are not going to reach the offer stage in time.
  • CraigSavage
    Options
    How long from application? Submitted mine yesterday and it was referred to underwriters where they asked for 2 payslips and a letter showing my pay is going up in a month

I submitted application on the 2nd April
    Valuation completed on the 12th April
    Got valuation report through on the 23rd April
    Got approved on 25th April
  • Frugal_Saver
    Options
    So excited to join in this post. I’m a FTB in Scotland using H2B.

I paid the reservation fee last Thursday.

Had an email from the lender yesterday acknowledging receipt and help to buy was confirmed today. Bank statement was sent to MB this morning showing this months wages going in. Hope it doesn’t take too long for the mortgage to be approved.

While this is going on I’m also trying to sort out school for my daughter. She’s due to start this summer, I had enrolled her at the school near us now but I’ve made a request for the school near our new house, just hope it all works out ok,
    LBM September 2012
    Debt at LBM £10,573.00
    Current debt £3,250 (29/12/20)
    Current savings £4,950 (29/12/20)
  • mazibee
    mazibee Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update:
    We are FTBs

20/03 AIP issued by Halifax, viewed many properties before puting an offer

10/04 Put an offer on property we liked and offer rejected.
    11/04 Increased our offer. Offer Accepted :)
    11/04 Solicitors instructed, Property marked as SOLD STC.
    12/04 Application put in by MB but lender was Santander. Received text at 17:00 from Santander (We are pleased to receive your mortgage application)
    16/04 Called MB for an update and he said that MB has received query, lender has asked for more proof of address I forwarded him the Council Tax Bill / Water Bill / Driving Licenses he has forwarded the same to lender. MB also told me the valuation has been instructed,but we have not received any message from Santander regarding that.
    24-04-2019 Valuation done.
    25-04-2019 Offer message received from Santander that mortgage offer has been issued. MB have emailed us the copy of the offer. Still awaiting our own copy to come in post
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback