Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    OK, it turns out that you have to link a bank account (rather than a debit card associated with the account) in order to be able to cash out. Obviously this is a change. It would have been helpful if there had been some indication on the Cash out page that this was required!

Anyway, solved, thought I'd give an update in case anyone else had the same problem.

And to be fair to Circle, they did get back to me with the answer within a couple of days.
  • Tax Group Game
    Hosted by kent.ac.uk
    £1.7020 minutes £5.10/hr 23 places remaining
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi folks,

I am into my 4th week with Prolific and I'm loving most of the studies. They are far more interesting to complete when compared to other sites.

Anyhow, I have a query with regard to a cash-out. I just did my first cash-out for £27 using PayPal, but was disappointed to notice they charged a fee. I thought I read that there was no fee for a cash-out worth over £20, but it seems I am mistaken. So now I am considering opening an account with Circle, but would like to confirm that there is no fee if I was to use them. Is that correct? Is Circle fee free?

Thanks for reading and responding :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi folks,

I am into my 4th week with Prolific and I'm loving most of the studies. They are far more interesting to complete when compared to other sites.

Anyhow, I have a query with regard to a cash-out. I just did my first cash-out for £27 using PayPal, but was disappointed to notice they charged a fee. I thought I read that there was no fee for a cash-out worth over £20, but it seems I am mistaken. So now I am considering opening an account with Circle, but would like to confirm that there is no fee if I was to use them. Is that correct? Is Circle fee free?

Thanks for reading and responding :)

That's right, there's no fee with Circle if you cash out over £20 :)
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    julicorn wrote: »
    That's right, there's no fee with Circle if you cash out over £20 :)

I have gone back to PayPal recently, despite the fee. I have had too frequently had occasions when I cashed out, it was sent to Circle only for their system to not work properly and it take several hours or even days to correct. Its very frustrating.

PayPal is at least instant, despite the fee.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Real-life experiences of relief [7]
    Hosted by Agnieszka Jaroslawska
    £1.50 12 minutes £7.50/hr 63 places remaining
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    I swear every email from Prolific I have had over the last few weeks about available surveys has directed me to a survey which was already full up. The one today I mustve been clicking on the link 1 minute after recieving the email.
    Thats just poor IMHO.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I swear every email from Prolific I have had over the last few weeks about available surveys has directed me to a survey which was already full up. The one today I mustve been clicking on the link 1 minute after receiving the email.
    Thats just poor IMHO.

Seem to be getting lots more email notifications this week and these seem now to be the only surveys I am getting they don't show up in the prolific survey section just via the email link and like you they all seem to be full even after only receiving the email seconds before.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Real-life experiences of relief [7]
    Hosted by Agnieszka Jaroslawska
    £1.50 12 minutes £7.50/hr 63 places remaining

I had this rejected "Unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the quality of the data you provided" :mad:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2019 at 5:51PM
    I had this rejected "Unfortunately, I am not satisfied with the quality of the data you provided" :mad:

Same here! How can we complain to Prolific? :mad:I want to contest
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure