MSE Newborn to 1 year Baby Club 1

Comments

• Thanks Kira000, was wondering if this idea was still on the cards, glad it is.

Little lady is nearly 3 weeks now, has been up and down with how she has been; good job her cuteness has been permanent!

Had a horrendous evening/night yesterday, she was fussing and crying from about 6pm till after 12am, feeding for a bit, sleeping for a few mins then waking up and crying again. Didn't know what to do with her and was a really pants start to the new year! Mind you, when she did eventually settle she slept for 6 hours, woke up for a feed then slept for another 5! Is nice to know she can physically manage long sleeps like that.

Having looked into it a bit today, I think she wanted to cluster feed to settle herself and get a nice full tum before sleeping but I thought she didn't need to eat so often so wasn't letting her. She's been a lot better today so far and seems a lot more content. If she does start fussing again I'll just let her feed when she wants and see if that helps. Maybe this info might help someone else having similar issues.
    Little lady arrived 13/12/11
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    BIRTH LIST

:female:little angel -19th September 2011 - Lily - 1st baby
    mirrorimage - 10th october 2011 - samuel - 3rd baby (12 yrs, 9yrs and 13 weeks)
    :male:TinyTink - 7th November 2011 - Theodore - 1st baby
    :male: Lynn11 - 4th December 2011 - Ryan Iain -
    :female: mr_knight - 5th December 2011 - details tbc
    :male: MoneySavingMamma - 6th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Wonder Womble - 7th December 2011 - Katie -
    :female: chucknorris69 - 9th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Blue Monkey - 11th December 2011 - Betsy -
    :female: yummymummy79 - 13th December 2011 - Eleanor Victoria -
    :male: seafarers_wife - 13th December 2011 - Benjamin -
    :female: Lirin - 19th December 2011 - Rose Lira -
    :male: phoenix dragon - 19th December 2011 - name tba -
    :female: Sammy85 - 22nd December 2011 - Cora Rose -
    :female: Jenjade - 25th December 2011 - Ellie Harrison -
    :male: KimmyMarky - 27th December 2011 - Henry -
    :female: Mimi Arc en ciel - 31st December 2011 - Amy -

not sure how to do the boy sign though.x

on on of the other threads someone posted about the medela swing electronic breast pump scanning at £45 in tescos.

also just realised id forgotten to add samuel to my wtc/ctc claim so jst a reminder incase any one else has forgot. doh baby brain kicked in for def.
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Kira000 wrote: »
    Little Angel, Welcome! Of course, you can join in.. more the merrier :)
    How have your 15 weeks gone for you?

:D

it's gone really well. the first 10 days was a nightmare with breastfeeding, nearly gave up as it was so painful, but thanks to a midwifes advice i started using nipple shields and haven't looked back :D just want to wean her off them now.

something i never knew about before having lily is growth spurts :eek: really wish someone had told me about those! on several occasions i have literally spent days stuck to the sofa just constantly feeding.

having lily is the best thing i've ever done, she is so worth the tiredness, stretchmarks and sleepless nights :D so much so, i want to start trying for another later this year :eek: haven't told the husband yet tho :rotfl:
  • yummymummy79 - i found this info on cluster feeding helpful when lily was small http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/fussy-evening.html
    maybe some of the info you found, but though i'd pass it on just in case :)
  • 4nnabella
    4nnabella Posts: 1,889 Forumite
    Thanks for this thread Kira, I can't wait to join it!

Will see you all sometime in the next few weeks! :D Meanwhile I shall lurk, and pick up all the tips!
    :j Debt Free 27.07.2011!! :j
  • Thanks Little Angel, that is one of the ones I found which made a lot of sense. Just wish I'd found it a day or 2 earlier!

Feel like I should know a bit more as this is my second one, but DS is 7 1/2 now so it's quite a long time ago, with a different dad, and each baby is different. I think second time round has bought more general confidence and being less paranoid of there being a big reason why she is crying (aside from the usual hungry/tired etc). Have said to OH I am definitely not doing this any more though; it's sometimes harder keeping DS occupied and dealt with that it is sorting her out, so god knows what it would be like with 3! Plus I'm knocking on a bit now and would like to get started in my career before I'm ready to retire!
    Little lady arrived 13/12/11
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    :j:j:j Yay! Shiny happy new thread, and lots of names appearing already that i remember/know from the other threads! :D

Am sooo looking forward to being able to join in properly!
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    So I see you are overdue Kira. What's the eviction plan? Any sweeps booked in? Sending loads of speedy labour vibes your way! x
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    :female: Sammy_Girl - 19th March 2011 - Esme Rose - 1st baby
    :female:little angel -19th September 2011 - Lily - 1st baby
    :male:mirrorimage - 10th october 2011 - samuel - 3rd baby (12 yrs, 9yrs and 13 weeks)
    :male:TinyTink - 7th November 2011 - Theodore - 1st baby
    :male: Lynn11 - 4th December 2011 - Ryan Iain -
    :female: mr_knight - 5th December 2011 - details tbc
    :male: MoneySavingMamma - 6th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Wonder Womble - 7th December 2011 - Katie -
    :female: chucknorris69 - 9th December 2011 - Name Tba -
    :female: Blue Monkey - 11th December 2011 - Betsy -
    :female: yummymummy79 - 13th December 2011 - Eleanor Victoria -
    :male: seafarers_wife - 13th December 2011 - Benjamin -
    :female: Lirin - 19th December 2011 - Rose Lira -
    :male: phoenix dragon - 19th December 2011 - name tba -
    :female: Sammy85 - 22nd December 2011 - Cora Rose -
    :female: Jenjade - 25th December 2011 - Ellie Harrison -
    :male: KimmyMarky - 27th December 2011 - Henry -
    :female: Mimi Arc en ciel - 31st December 2011 - Amy -
  • Kira000
    Kira000 Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    So I see you are overdue Kira. What's the eviction plan? Any sweeps booked in? Sending loads of speedy labour vibes your way! x

Yup. +2 days now, and been ready for her exit since 37 weeks when the Pgp kicked in BIIIIIIG time!! Looks like she is going to be a chunky little monkey from scan measurements etc.
    No plan really yet, saw the consultant on the 23rd, who attempted an exam and sweep but although 3/5 engaged, my cervix was totally unsuited to induction and the sweep was a) very painful b) ineffective!
    Am seeing the m/w on Tuesday, and hope to persuade her to try a sweep (the consultant was less than gentle!). Otherwise its back to the consultant on Friday.
    Meanwhile, Raspberry leaf tea by the bucket, EPO capsules, Birth hypnotherapy CD and my exercise ball! :)
    Married 13/03/10 #1 DD born 13/01/12!!

;)Newborn Thread Founder ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family