Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chyna81
    • By Chyna81 22nd Sep 19, 1:08 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 45Thanks
    Chyna81
    Side Lean /Drains Flooding
    • 22nd Sep 19, 1:08 PM
    Side Lean /Drains Flooding 22nd Sep 19 at 1:08 PM
    Hi All,

I own a property with a side lean within the side lean there is a manhole cover and 2 drains, each time there is heavy rain one of the drains floods into my side lean. The drain is not blocked and I have asked Severn Trent to see if they can redirect the pipes and told no. I've tired to use sand bags and they are useless due to the amount of water coming up from the drain. The drain is pretty deep so I'm surprised the water is rising so high.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can to stop the flooding? Even if it means bringing in a private contractor.

Just to add the property was like this when I brought it and there of course was no mention of flooding ect in any documents.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,202Posts Today

8,958Users online

Martin's Twitter