I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    We need to get moving and pack up the caravan, and have breakfast. We are supposed to be out of the van by 10am.
    I am just having my cup of tea, I admit I could easily just keep my eyes closed and turn over to sleep even though I have been in bed since 10.
    Twin1 came over again with her family and we went to the clubhouse, when they left at 9 I got DS to take the girls back to the entertainment as I took my tablets and prepared for bed.
    I don't think he was that thrilled with me, but he did do it.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, I hope you got the caravan packed up and had/have a safe journey home.
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am not surprised you are not feeling well.
    I would not still be standing.
    I salute you.

Indeed!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We got packed up and out on time. The journey was very slow on the motorway and it took us about 4.30 hours. I put a wash load on and then went to bed for an hour, which turned into two hours. DS has been to the pizza place for him and his friend, he has a new GF which is a bit soon really but she seems very nice (and normal.). Dgd has been out catching up with her friends.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I slept until nearly 10am!
    I have been listening to some motivational stuff and still not dressed! Eek where did the time go?
    Luckily I am not back to work until Monday. I am fielding off questions etc daily and reiterated that I am on Holiday.
    Not stopping them messaging me though.
    I am going to have a shower and then go food shopping, as the fridge is empty and the freezer very low.
    Then I am going to potter for the rest of the day. We have a Christening tomorrow to go to but no plans for the rest of today.
    I am concerned that the tablets are still knocking me sideways, I may have to speak to a different doctor as mine is going on her holiday as I am not sure if I will need to change the medicine if I am not functioning as it is the busiest time of the year for me June/July.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The medication will take some time to allow your body to adjust . All the various anti anxiety , anti depressants dd has had over the years tended to make her worse rather than better for a while.

Reading your more recent posts I can see a lot of positives. You are sleeping, taking time to weigh up whether you need to be the fire fighter or not and sound less anxious. I used to sleep with one eye and ear open at night waiting for the next meltdown with dd and over the years we develop a quite unhealthy always ready for the next crisis or whatever mode. In short we run on Adrenaline which is draining and exhausting.

You've been running on empty for a very long time and it's worth giving the meds a fair trial while your body adjusts. By all means talk to the Dr if you're concerned . It sounds to me they are doing the job intended . Helping you sleep and calm your instant reactions to various situations in a calm and measured way rather than rushing to deal with whatever new problem comes out of the blue.

It's lucky you'll soon be closing the shop. Staff should leave you alone when you are not working . Everyone is entitled to a proper break and you clearly stated you were not back in work until next week. That should be enough.

Reading back over the posts I missed I'm glad you managed to pay yourself some wages last week. With the wedding orders things should be busy but more money in the pot.

Take care, keep delegating work at home as you do elsewhere. DS and GD can do their fair share and you can change the mum does everything dynamic slowly but surely. In reality your body has kicked back against all the physical and mental pressures over the years and now is the time to listen to it . You matter so remember self care .
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Wise words from Polly!
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Thanks Polly.
    I am just not used to not dashing around at breakneck speeds, etc and I struggle to let myself do nothing even though at the moment I know that I need that.
    My biggest concern is getting the budget back on track, and not getting into any more debt. I was so close to being debt free but even though my credit rating etc is good, my mind set is on getting it down again soon.
    But I am feeling the worry about not being able to function when I need to.
    Let's see how I cope this week when I go back to work.
    There is someone else interested in renting the shop and they have asked me to come and see it. So that will be good for the landlord and possibly the town, not having an empty shop.
    I am looking forward to changing the structure of my business, and will feel much less financial stress once I have closed the shop.
    I did have enough to pay the rent today and am still in credit, so that's good news.
    I have two months to go, and it will be good if I can stay in the credit until I have finished the shop.
    I will eventually get my deposit back and then I can start reaping the rewards of my business instead of paying it all out.
  • supermezzo
    supermezzo Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I get what you're saying about the tablets - the worry that you're not able to spin all the plates is terrifying!

I've had them on two occasions over the last 20-odd years and on both occasions, they made life worse before they made it better. On reflection though, I think that what happens is that they just slow you down, stop you running away from things and at that point, the cr*p finds it's way out which makes things seem worse. Kinda like when you give up smoking and all the tar and nicotine comes out via coughs and colds and feeling like you've been run over!

Maybe give them a little more time to settle in and for you to adjust to a different way of thinking/reacting/coping.
    It aint over til I've done singing....
  • pollyanna_26
    edited 1 June 2019 at 9:51PM
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Thanks Polly.
    I am just not used to not dashing around at breakneck speeds, etc and I struggle to let myself do nothing even though at the moment I know that I need that.
    My biggest concern is getting the budget back on track, and not getting into any more debt. I was so close to being debt free but even though my credit rating etc is good, my mind set is on getting it down again soon.
    But I am feeling the worry about not being able to function when I need to.
    Let's see how I cope this week when I go back to work.
    There is someone else interested in renting the shop and they have asked me to come and see it. So that will be good for the landlord and possibly the town, not having an empty shop.
    I am looking forward to changing the structure of my business, and will feel much less financial stress once I have closed the shop.
    I did have enough to pay the rent today and am still in credit, so that's good news.
    I have two months to go, and it will be good if I can stay in the credit until I have finished the shop.
    I will eventually get my deposit back and then I can start reaping the rewards of my business instead of paying it all out.

I can empathise with being used to running around and not being able to "do nothing" I've experienced that and it's hard to focus on the fact that those things need to change when in fact they do to cope better. I still often need to stop and think before automatically doing something someone else can manage themselves .

You've been the go to for so long it's necessary to stop and think. Don't know if you remember my Firefighting post a while back . Whatever the situation ask yourself is it a job for the fire brigade or will a jug of water deal with it.

You will get back on track financially once things are sorted with ds . You need to keep on telling him you are being financially penalised until things are sorted.

Worrying about being able to function when you need to is understandable. I'm lucky never to have had more than normal expected reactions to worrying things. In the last few years I did begin to worry about lots of things when the fight was on for the correct diagnosis for dd . There were so many different appointments over the year I began to worry I would sleep in and either be late or miss them altogether. Then worrying if dd would be physically well enough to attend as her conditions turn on a sixpence.

I began to see I was heading to high anxiety , tossing and turning when I should be sleeping and imagining worse case scenarios . I bought 2 of the old type alarm clocks ( battery powered ) with variable ring or buzz alarm levels . It's impossible to sleep through them so problem solved .

Once into the multi appointments we were constantly told if dd was too ill, to ring and they'd rearrange as they understood dds physical and mh varied .

I've noticed you're going to bed earlier and at the moment having a lie in when possible which is much needed . Is it worrying you you may oversleep? If so have everything ready the night before . set your alarm and try to avoid screen time an hour or so before bed.

As I've said before choose your battles and take care of you .

Good to her there is another viewer for the business everything crossed for that.
    pollyx

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    supermezzo wrote: »
    I get what you're saying about the tablets - the worry that you're not able to spin all the plates is terrifying!

I've had them on two occasions over the last 20-odd years and on both occasions, they made life worse before they made it better. On reflection though, I think that what happens is that they just slow you down, stop you running away from things and at that point, the cr*p finds it's way out which makes things seem worse. Kinda like when you give up smoking and all the tar and nicotine comes out via coughs and colds and feeling like you've been run over!

Maybe give them a little more time to settle in and for you to adjust to a different way of thinking/reacting/coping.

Just popped back to edit some of the typos in my post!

This post make sense of what you're experiencing at the moment Mooloo.It really is worth giving the med a fair trial . Your body needs to get used to them.
    It is better to focus your thoughts on challenging the must do and must be busy way of thinking . Everyone needs rest and relaxation for their health and mental wellbeing so stop feeling guilty and focus on things that will make life easier and bring some joy into your day.
    pollyx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport