Electronic payrolls

My husband s employer changed to electronic payslips the last printed one was October 2018 since then he has not been able to see his payslip as he has to scan a QR code at work to access this and he does not have a smart phone.he is being made redundant on the 31st January so wants to be able to see exactly what he is being paid,when he put this in writing this morning his manager just laughed at him ,is he entitled to a printed payslip ?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mum63 wrote: »
    My husband s employer changed to electronic payslips the last printed one was October 2018 since then he has not been able to see his payslip as he has to scan a QR code at work to access this and he does not have a smart phone.he is being made redundant on the 31st January so wants to be able to see exactly what he is being paid,when he put this in writing this morning his manager just laughed at him ,is he entitled to a printed payslip ?

Yes he is. But there's 17 days to go, this wont be sorted before then.

I'm not sure about this scan a QR code thing; doesn't make sense.
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Yes he is. But there's 17 days to go, this wont be sorted before then.

I'm not sure about this scan a QR code thing; doesn't make sense.

Really? We looked into this recently as part of a payroll move and the government policy stated a payslip must be provided, however it doesn't have to be printed (can be online).

Edit...found it:
    https://www.gov.uk/payslips
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    Really? We looked into this recently as part of a payroll move and the government policy stated a payslip must be provided, however it doesn't have to be printed (can be online).

Edit...found it:
    https://www.gov.uk/payslips

Thanks. I opted out of mine, but my understanding was it had to be available to be printed.

Which I cant see being possible with the method described
  • mum63
    mum63 Posts: 37 Forumite
    We don't mind it being online as long as we can see what he is being paid.the company have gone with SAP success Factors which has an app that my daughter has looked at you can either enter company name or URL or log in with QR code the first wont work so has to be code
  • Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We don't mind it being online as long as we can see what he is being paid.the company have gone with SAP success Factors which has an app that my daughter has looked at you can either enter company name or URL or log in with QR code the first wont work so has to be code

So you need to contact the HR/payroll dept and ask for a login/code that actually works. You have no legal right to a printed payslip.
  • mum63
    They don't do the log in thing only QR code to scan but he doesn't have a smart phone to be able to scan it that's the problem
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    They don't do the log in thing only QR code to scan but he doesn't have a smart phone to be able to scan it that's the problem

And no one else can let him borrow a smartphone for a day so he can scan them and screenshot for later?

Ask the person who does pay if they can borrow their phone to send you a screenshot of the payslips.

As far as im aware it doesnt have to be printed, just have to get a payslip.

Worth remembering that hell get a p45 which whilst it wont break down, if you know the details (hours worked overtime etc etc etc) you should be able to work out.
  • mum63
    Thanks tried that but wouldn't work for some reason has to be used b before 30 mins up
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure