Cancelling A Card I Used To Have?

Options
Hi guys,

I used to have a Virgin money cc but I paid the balance off (i think it may have been in credit slightly) and have since forgotten all about it.

Today I was looking to take out a 0% card and Virgin had a good deal, but that reminded me that I used to have one.....and I never cancelled it! They appeared to have realised I wasn’t using it and have not sent me a new card since the old one expired, and I cut the old one up years ago so as not to use it at the time.

I’d like to cancel it now, but I have 0 idea how to do this without actually having the card itself - can I just call them?

I don’t ‘think’ I’ve ever had other cards I’ve forgotten about, but is there any way to check?

Tia for any help and advice!

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2019 at 4:06PM
    Options
    Is the Virgin account listed with any of the three CRAs?

Edit: And yes, I would call them on the 'phone and ask Virgin about the account...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Craig1981
    Craig1981 Posts: 769 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    check or sign up to
    Clearscore
    Noddle
    Creditclub on MoneySavingExpert

those are the three free CRAs to check
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    I’d like to cancel it now, but I have 0 idea how to do this without actually having the card itself - can I just call them?
    A few years back I picked up a tip for retaining a record of important things like passport information. bank cards and travel insurance etc. - send yourself an email with the details and put them in a dedicated folder such as "Stuff To Keep" or whatever.

Particularly useful for emergency 'phone numbers when on holiday.

You'll almost certainly have access to your email account anywhere - unless well off the beaten track.
  • Rockye
    Rockye Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I think you should call them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business