I’ve also cleared the very balance!
    :j:j:j

Well done x
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning,

I managed to have a fairly relaxing day yesterday and it was my 3rd nsd. I got invited out to a coffee shop today but managed to get out of it and instead we are going to my friend’s house. I’m anticipating another nsd, I do need to post a business item but I don’t include that as the customer has paid for it.

I have a long list of jobs for this week but am out this morning and then have family round so not sure how much will get done today.

Have a lovely frugal day everyone.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,445
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    You are getting quite proficient at getting out of coffee shop invites. Well done. Have a nice time with your friend. I have my 2 year old granddaughter to entertain today ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Forumite
    You are getting quite proficient at getting out of coffee shop invites. Well done. Have a nice time with your friend. I have my 2 year old granddaughter to entertain today ;)

Thanks, I don’t even mention money I just try and offer another idea ;)
    Good luck with your 2 year old granddaughter !
  • debtaghh
    Forumite
    I forgot to mention I spent a lot of time yesterday reading the Frugalwoods website , it’s very inspiring. I’m really enjoying not spending money and today I want to write a list of free local activities and ideas for the summer holidays ( my dd will have 12 weeks off). It’s crazy that I have allocated a crazy extra amount of money for entertainment during the summer. I need to try cutting this down , even whilst we are away I need to rethink this and what nice dinners I can make while we are there.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,445
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    There is always loads of free stuff you can enjoy and economical ways to entertain the kids. Planning for the summer is a good idea. Is your DD 16? She could get a summer job. Both mine did that after GCSEs and carried on right through A levels and University. I am convinced these first jobs are crucial to help kids understand the value of money and for getting the work ethic. My dad made me and my siblings do the same.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Forumite
    Yes she will definitely be getting a job, I had one from the age of 14.

I still would like extra holiday money but not sure how much I should aim for?
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Has your DD thought about signing up for NCS? Both my teens did it last year & I think it costs about £30 (Govt subsidised). Its a 4 week programme with 1 week at an activity centre, one week at University Halls and 2 weeks based at home but doing community activities.

http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/
    My two had a really positive experience - met loads of new people, and lots of experiences to put on their CV.

It'll cut down your food budget for 2 weeks out of the 12!
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • debtaghh
    Forumite
    I did mention it to her a while ago but she didn’t seem that keen but will discuss with her again as my friend runs it locally and highly recommends it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback