Beware - Goldcar Car Rentals Spain

Options

Comments

• Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear Mistwraith,

We read your and your partner’s comment on tripadvisor.ie and were glad to be able to sort the issue out. Please take into account that last year alone we handed out +1 million keys and that human errors do occur. Also, please note that third person coverage is not comprehensive and that the procedure for our staff at check-in counters regarding insurance coverage is always the same. Customers are offered the option of buying full coverage to ensure their peace of mind or leaving a deposit on their credit card. As you may understand, rentals are not allowed to hand out a car without making sure we will be covered for any possible damages.
    Kindest regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear devonian22,
    Please send us your full name or reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com. We will make sure Customer Service looks into your case in detail with the office in Gerona. We handed out +1 million keys last year, so there is always a margin of human error. Please allow them to make the necessary inquiries and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Sincerely,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear richardoconnor,

We will contact Customer Service to make sure the issue regarding the sat nav is reviewed in detail. They will make the necessary inquiries with the local office and get back to you ASAP.
    Sincerely,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear Syko80,

Please note that our webpage clearly offers the option of ticking the box for our Relax Cover or leaving a deposit on your credit card once at the check-in counter. Our staff at counters also offers both these options. Please send us your full name or reservation number at goldcarweb@goldcar.com and Customer Service will make sure the issue regarding your special cleaning charge is reviewed in detail. They will make the necessary inquiries with the local office and get back to you ASAP.
    Sincerely,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear downsick,

Please note that our webpage clearly offers the option of ticking the box for our Relax Cover or the option of leaving a deposit on your credit card. Our staff at counters also offers both these options. Our fuel policy and the service and administration fee for our fast return service are also available for consultation on our webpage. Please note that the fuel reimbursement is calculated based on the fuel charge only.

Kindest regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • Victoria_Rumside
    Options
    Dear Gorie,
    Despite having already answered your comment on tripadvisor, reviewcentre and trustpilot, here is a response to the matters in question:
    The procedure for our rental staff at counters regarding vehicle insurance is always the same: customers are offered full coverage or the option of leaving a deposit on their credit card. They are not allowed to hand out a car without a deposit, even if the customer has a CDW or third party coverage. This is why customers are also offered our full coverage. It is standardized practice in the sector.
    Customers are charged in their local currency by default, something that we are authorized to do. Regarding the handling and administration fee you mention, it is in relation to the fast return system you agreed to and signed when booking.

Sincerely,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative
  • _bankrupted
    _bankrupted Posts: 179 Forumite
    edited 8 July 2014 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Victoria Rumside,

You should be ashamed of coming to this website to defend Goldcars. I think in general people expect, but still get annoyed, at unexpected additional costs. However, what is not acceptable is outright fraud and corruption that Goldcar commits.

Please try and defend some of the comments above regarding 150 Euro cleaning charge, 200 Euro stone chip mark, a 300 Euro lock replacement.

These customers are stating that the "damage" has been made up and certainly not at a value charged.

For me having just come back from Spain and been charged 200 Euros for a case similar to devonian22's, Goldcar has committed a outright scam.

My car had a supposed scratch. But in reality no scratch exists. I was there at check-in and have photographs of the so called damage. the truth is there is an almost "invisible to the naked eye" blemish to the bumper. Like devonian22's case almost certainly there on pick-up and absolutely impossible to see unless you know it's there.

I am the victim of a scam.

I will never use Goldcar and Holidayautos again and I am now pursuing a legal redress to this scam.

Please do attempt to defend your company we would all like to hear your reasoned reply?

As for everyone else's amusement please try and spot the "DAMAGE" caused by this renter!

mark_not_visible1.jpg
  • _bankrupted
    _bankrupted Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    BTW,

If you right click on the image and select open in new tab/window you should get a bigger picture to make "Spot the Scratch" easier.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    Dear downsick,

Please note that our webpage clearly offers the option of ticking the box for our Relax Cover or the option of leaving a deposit on your credit card. Our staff at counters also offers both these options. Our fuel policy and the service and administration fee for our fast return service are also available for consultation on our webpage. Please note that the fuel reimbursement is calculated based on the fuel charge only.

Kindest regards,
    Victoria R.
    Goldcar Representative

As you know....none of the bookings in question have been made via your webpage, as not many will knowingly book with Goldcar.
    So this post and others, appear disingenuous.
    So may I assume that your multiple posts on this matter constitute advertising, rather than your trying to be helpful?
  • simonhul
    Options
    I avoid Goldcar but came up against a new scam/stealth charge at SolMar (Murcia/San Javier). They offered me a full/full option but wanted to charge me €30. "So I return the car full and you charge me €30?" In the end I went for the other horror of paying €93 for a full tank which would have cost €65 max to fill as we found out when we filled up during the holiday. Spain is in the EU so why is Brussels not clamping down on these sharp practices?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback