The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Switched to BT but EE still charging - who to complain to?

I switched Broadband to BT last week from EE. But in the last few days direct debits have gone out to both companies and both services are still active if I plug either router in. Which one do I contact to sort this out? And I didn’t think it would be possible for two suppliers to run concurrently, what is going on?

Comments

• It is not possible to have two providers on one line.
    Both routers may work however.
    When you do a speed test, it will identify the company.
    Check your IP address and do a lookup as to the provider.
    If the service details come back as BT, you will need to contact EE and ask for a refund.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    DD Are you sure its not a final bill from EE .
  • alsa1
    alsa1 Posts: 83
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It is not possible to have two providers on one line.
    Both routers may work however.
    When you do a speed test, it will identify the company.
    Check your IP address and do a lookup as to the provider.
    If the service details come back as BT, you will need to contact EE and ask for a refund.

That’s just the thing, if I plug in the BT router and log on with those account details it works fine. And then I can log onto the wifi with the old EE router by entering the old password on that one. They both come up with different IP addresses when either router is plugged in.

The DD I have been charged by EE is for the next month, BT have also taken the ‘first payment’.
  • What do you mean by "log on" ?

If you mean the online accounts via a web browser, that just means both accounts are still viewable.

If you are logging into the router interface or connecting to the WiFi, that will always work, it is a factor of the router not the ISP.

When you go to https://www.speedtest.net what comes up as the provider. on the left below the GO button ?

Have you "Googled" the IP addresses, that should tell you who they belong to.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    BT are your ongoing supplier who will charge you .
    If you are still paying EE then complain to EE as BT have nothing to do with EE billing .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure