Never had a credit card..

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    bones85 wrote: »
    Think i'll just give it around 6 months and see what my credit score is like then, now i no longer have an overdraft it might improve
    Do not make ANY decisions from your credit score.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    bones85 wrote: »
    Think i'll just give it around 6 months and see what my credit score is like then, now i no longer have an overdraft it might improve

Lenders have no knowledge of the mythical credit score thrown up by credit reference agencies.

They rely on the factual information on the credit file. Not the random number generator.
  • bones85
    bones85 Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    How long would you advise before applying for one then? 6 months?

because i have the searches on my history, it's them that affect it i assume
  • Krisko
    Krisko Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 2 April 2018 at 5:30AM
    Have you tried Capital One's eligibility checker (https://www.capitalone.co.uk)?

In my experience they're in the business of giving anyone a £200 credit limit. A limit that low won't be all that useful, but it'll get you started building your credit history.

When I moved to the UK in 2014 I was turned down by Aqua but accepted by Capital One (with no history at all).

Also, have you checked you credit files with Experian and Equifax? I do think it's somewhat strange you're not getting accepted for a card, even though you have a few previous searches.
  • bones85
    Sorry to drag up an old topic but is there now enough time passed to apply for a card again? (it's been nearly a year since any searches overdraft or credit card application) possibly from Aqua? according to my Credit Card Eligibility Calculator i have a 95% chance of getting one, and i need to start getting credit to help my chances of getting a mortgage

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'd have reapplied several months ago.

Try aqua, Vanquis, BCard or Cap One.
  • bones85
    edited 14 January 2019 at 9:03AM
    I'd have reapplied several months ago.

Try aqua, Vanquis, BCard or Cap One.

Thank you!

I wasn't sure how long to leave it before applying for another one so i just left it :undecided

I've applied for the aqua and it's been accepted! Card should be here within 7 days, all i plan to do is put food shopping on it and then just pay it off each month!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure