Need help with a mortgage ppi claim

Hello , I had a mortgage with Alliance & Leicester for about 10 years ,this house was my marital home with my ex wife up until about 3and a half years ago . and it had ppi on it ...
I got a claim company to try a reclaim , to which I had to get back in touch with my ex wife , as both of us were on the mortgage ..
Any way after the 8 weeks , then a following 3 weeks , I finally got a reply ... apparently my ex wife put a claim in on November 2015 , and because I wasn’t involved the claim, it just got left and not sorted out , so now they are saying that because the claim has gone over the 6 months , they can’t pass the claim on to the ombudsman !! So that’s it !!
How can this be right , the original claim went in without my knowledge...
Is there anything I can do ??

Comments

• I'd contact the Ombudsman for clarification on this. Your ex-wife is at fault for not contacting you to continue the complaint and, certainly in normal circumstances, the time-bar would be correct.

See what the Ombudsman has to say.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,355 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    so now they are saying that because the claim has gone over the 6 months , they can’t pass the claim on to the ombudsman !!

That is correct in terms of the rules. However, the FOS may consider you are being hard done by. Although it could say the rules have been met. Tough one to call as moneyineptude indicates above.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If the claim 'just got left and not sorted out' then you haven't had a final response and you cn legitimately call them on this and insist you are given a final response.

If a final response has already been made, i.e. that your complaint has been rejected, then can't see you getting this re opened.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure