I want to believe I can do this!

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Holidays are a bit of a problem when pennies are tight. I think the trick is to be super well-organised especially with food. Today I was not well-organised.

Folks, I have a clutter problem. It is better than it was when I was at the height of my ridiculous period of consumption/probably mentally quite unwell several years ago.

I just need to get rid of it. Does anyone have any advice?
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Working_Mum
    Working_Mum Posts: 557 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    This forum is a phenomenal resourse - try

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5848103

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765908

Both great sources of inspriation for you - I found a "little and often" approach really helped me when my hoarder ex-husband left!

Good luck

((hugs))

WM
  • pidge04
    Thank you!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Yesterday was a NSD. Hoping today will be too.

Got a lot of bits to list to sell. I have done a lot of decluttering. More to do today of course.
  • pidge04
    Just been looking over my bank accounts which has become a daily activity for me.
    Not like the bad old days when I just used to check and be very shocked at the end of the month!

Reviewed my figures in my money notebook. I can see at Christmas, I will have £4549 to pay off my loan. This time next year £3184. This time in two years £454. This time in three years = SAVINGS!!

Looked at the 4 month goals I have set to be reviewed in August. Pleased to see that I am on track apart from 1 which was that my car payment will be £120 a month.

I cannot refinance until December/January time because I have gone over my mileage. That will rectify itself because I now work so close to home.

I have plans to sell things for the next 1-2 weeks so I hope to feel like I am going in the right direction for the next 2 weeks. Payday in 3 weeks.

Do you feel like you are wishing your life away?! I do! Always counting down the days/months/years. But at the same time, I feel life is a bit slower and less chaotic while I am on this path of not consuming and not doing loads of things which would cost money.
  • pidge04
    I set myself one of my envelope challenges to raise £50 from selling things this week which I have managed. Will pay the cash into my bank account today to save it from being frittered away.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,578 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done on meeting your selling target and getting into better financial habits. What a great position you will be in 3 years time.

Debt busting can be a slog but there is lots of free or almost free stuff you can do. We are off for a big family outing to the beach today as the weather is nice. Free except for car parking :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pidge04
    Well done on meeting your selling target and getting into better financial habits. What a great position you will be in 3 years time.

Debt busting can be a slog but there is lots of free or almost free stuff you can do. We are off for a big family outing to the beach today as the weather is nice. Free except for car parking :)

We too had a lovely day on the beach. Took a picnic and a flask of tea. Parking was free. I am planning on setting myself a challenge for the summer holiday to do no cost activities every day.
  • pidge04
    I have been feeling dreary these last couple of days. Have not spent anything but there is no money to spend to be honest. Have been selling something every day on eBay so that is good. Have been accepted for a credit card to do a 0% balance transfer. That will lift my spirits because the £80 monthly interest I have been paying on my credit cards has caused me no end of anguish. I think that is all my debt news.
  • Keep going Pidge your doing well I know it is really hard, try a few of these little pointers surveys being number one its a good way to bring in extra income. I will post a link, next I think I read in your diary you have some insurances which are due to be changed get your self on top cashback, my partner recently changed her car insurance and did her broadband for the two she brought in an extra 100quid off top cashback.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure