Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    jojaca wrote: »
    Did you ask how much with sports? I am trying to get a ball point figure to negotiate with Sky. I am only interested in the football.

I have been on chat with them a few times and they are trying to up any offers I have already been given and add the £10 one off charge. Perhaps they know everyone now wants the football so they can afford to play hard-ball..

A good ball park figure for all Sports channels is £15 but good luck with getting anywhere near that at the moment.

Let us know how you get on.
  • Ideally I want to add Sky Cinema while either maintaining or reducing the price.

I'm at the end of my first week since having a long webchat conversation about reducing my bill and subsequently cancelling. Since then I've been called 3 or 4 times, I've only had the opportunity to talk to them once, but they were offering packages that are actually more expensive than what I'm on now, and then started mindlessly trying to sell their mobile phone contract on top of it.

Nothing appearing in My Sky or Interactive just yet either.

Essentially they're maintaining that the current deal I'm on cannot possibly get any better. Hoping that's not true!
  • Hi All,

Just been on the phone to retention’s when I threatened to give notice and was offered entertainment pack, sports pack and box sets for £32 on sky +HD on an 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal to me but keen to know peoples thoughts before I say yes
  • Hi All,

Just been on the phone to retention’s when I threatened to give notice and was offered entertainment pack, sports pack and box sets for £32 on sky +HD on an 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal to me but keen to know peoples thoughts before I say yes

Presuming the Sports Pack means all of the sports channels then that's not a bad deal but don't forget HD for Entertainment AND HD for Sports.
  • Should have mentioned that it’s all the sports and HD although technically it doesn’t include sports in HD but that’s only because I am somehow getting it for free some unknown reason
  • Seems relatively good to me. Although I think (and hope for the sake of my negotiations!) they've got more in the tank.
  • footyfootyfootball
    footyfootyfootball Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 8 August 2018 at 4:10PM
    Also I'm having trouble now getting on the webchat. Since cancelling I've gone back to try and chat through there but it asks me to call them instead.

Is there a way to get through on the web chat? The below is what I'm getting:

"We can see that you have already requested to cancel your Sky TV services. If you'd like to change the date of your cancellation or discuss your options, please contact one of our Sky experts on 03300 412 503."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Also I'm having trouble now getting on the webchat. Since cancelling I've gone back to try and chat through there but it asks me to call them instead.

Is there a way to get through on the web chat? The below is what I'm getting:

"We can see that you have already requested to cancel your Sky TV services. If you'd like to change the date of your cancellation or discuss your options, please contact one of our Sky experts on 03300 412 503."

You have to sign in to use webchat so probably not. You could try https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv using a different browser to your usual as they leave cookies that stop you seeing new customer offers at least. You still need to sign in at that point however so they may still try and get you to call instead.
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 292
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I accepted the following offer through Love Digital today:

£10 Entertainment
    £10 Cinema
    £5 Box Sets
    Free HD
    Total £25 per month

This is with a Sky Q 1TB Box for £20 install.

Also was very lucky and got a £50 Cashback offer through my current account this morning when rejoining Sky. So means I will get 2 months free too!

Was really pleased with that so finally made a decision and went for it!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi All,

IF it includes everything in HD and IF the discounts apply for the full 18 months (not the last six months at full price) then yes, it is a good price -my discounted deal currently for almost the same package is £33 pm:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback