Leeds Building Society Regular Saver (Issue 4)

Options

Comments

• schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    stehouk wrote: »
    cheque ?
    so i set my account up online, i can log on and look at it but not have access to it, i then have to request a cheque thingy and wait,,,,,,,,,,,,, then send it off again to tesco and wait,,,,,,,,,,,,brilliant should see the money in a months time then.:rotfl:

If you're in the business of chasing higher interest rates, you sometimes have to suffer these awful awful setbacks. It might be better for your future peace of mind to avoid opening any more accounts with the Leeds BS.

Just a thought :)
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    cheque ?
    so i set my account up online, i can log on and look at it but not have access to it, i then have to request a cheque thingy and wait,,,,,,,,,,,,, then send it off again to tesco and wait,,,,,,,,,,,,brilliant should see the money in a months time then.:rotfl:

I'm just going by what their withdrawal form, which you can download and send, says. It's either internal transfers or a cheque.

I bank with Tesco too and it's never taken a month lol.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 August 2018 at 9:42AM
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    Or send you passbook and they will send you a cheque for the full balance...
    Using the online form is quicker. No postal delay, no stamp needed, money in your chosen destination the day after maturity.
    I'm just going by what their withdrawal form, which you can download and send, says. It's either internal transfers or a cheque.
    I didn't "download and send." I completed an online form and submitted it online. Leeds BS can transfer to an external account, if that account has previously been verified by them.
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    Using the online form is quicker. No postal delay, no stamp needed, money in your chosen destination the day after maturity.

I didn't "download and send." I completed an online form and submitted it online. Leeds BS can transfer to an external account, if that account has previously been verified by them.

That's fine, no one said you can't do that. You have an online account....
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    Don't you just wish leed's building society would upgrade to proper banking where funds can be moved online instead of an out dated pass book withdrawl. or is it just me.

Reg Savers with Leeds are not classed as online accounts, therefre don't have the ability to transfer online, however I've found the quickest way to move funds at maturity is to send a secure message with the account details you wish to transfer to a few days before and then they will quickly action upon maturity.
    No need to fill out withdrawal forms at all.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reg Savers with Leeds are not classed as online accounts, therefre don't have the ability to transfer online, however I've found the quickest way to move funds at maturity is to send a secure message with the account details you wish to transfer to a few days before and then they will quickly action upon maturity.
    No need to fill out withdrawal forms at all.

Thanks for the info, i will try that.
    I must admit iv'e had more than a few problems with the leed's so i'm not a fan, we did have 7 accounts but now down to three, and i will be closing them at maturity in 2019,.
    I have a few gripes with them, and started to type them out but it will be a page long so won't bother :(
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You have an online account....
    No, I don't. I have issue 4 opened in branch and I have a passbook.

My point is simply that there's no need to post a passbook at maturity and I'll add that there's no need to log on to complete the maturity form.

Simple efficient process. You can make it more complicated if you wish.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reg Savers with Leeds are not classed as online accounts, therefore don't have the ability to transfer online, however I've found the quickest way to move funds at maturity is to send a secure message with the account details you wish to transfer to a few days before and then they will quickly action upon maturity.

Just a warning about sending a secure message to request a withdrawal: some of us can't to do it because there's a fault in the Leeds system, which for some users, suppresses the screen option to send a secure message! My partner's account can send secure messages, mine can't. See my posting #871 on page 44 of the Regular Savers thread here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5776240&page=44
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cheque ?
    I have a large amount to withdraw from Leeds (6 figures)

I never set up an on-line account and I was quite glad of that as one of my password was stolen recently.
    I am suprised that Leeds are happy to send cheques through the standard post for 6 figures. What happens if the post is stolen or gets lost? It's not that hard for someone to set up an account and pay the cheques in elsewhere.

I will be going to the branch to pick up and Im happy with that, but I'm not happy about that amount going through standard post (I wouldn't want to lose a smaller amount mind).

I agree with the comment that one should make sure the terms and conditions suit before applying, but I'm still suprised at their procedures.
    They won't even sent it by recorded delivery (which I'd probably be happy with).
  • aj23_2
    Options
    Vortigern wrote: »
    No, I don't. I have issue 4 opened in branch and I have a passbook.

My point is simply that there's no need to post a passbook at maturity and I'll add that there's no need to log on to complete the maturity form.

Simple efficient process. You can make it more complicated if you wish.

I have no issue with posting the passbook and form. Or going to a local branch. I don't have online access with them. It's not a complication, it's options for people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure