Debt-Free wanna be vs Maternity pay. Determined to stay on track.

Options

Comments

• hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Few spends today. My small food shop turned into a £75 one aghh! I did not stick to my list! I really need to get back onto of having money in the food account. I hate feelinf bad about buying food. This should be sorted by next month.

There was a indoor carboot at the social club where I like today gave DS 1 £2.50 and he picked a couple of toys a puzzle and a book. He loved it and it kept him busy all day. Me and DP said we may try go to another one for something to do on one of his days off. The toys were so cheap!

I signed up to a couple of subscriptions activity postal boxes for DS1 I got £1.77 cash back and the trial boxes cost £1. I'll try them and see if I think they are worth the money. Probably not but worth a try.

Not much else to report for now. X
    emergency fund:£179/ £1000 Uniform/car fund:£
    boys savings £
    Christmas £60 bday £40 holiday £

Family loan £7000/£5425
    Credit Card 0% £2015.32 eon £435 overdrafts £1500/£1300
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Morning,

Just logged on and money what money from savings we need to cover bills. Eugh I hate taking money out of there! At least it's there though.

On a positive note DP earnt enough commission last month that his pay this money should cover all bills next month. Still no word from work about the extra maternity allowance so I'm planning as if it's not coming so I don't get disappointed. We do have to mot our old car next month and I'm getting scared!

Just feeding DS2 up before we drive to 45 mins to my sisters for the day. Other than petrol it'll be a free day. I have £55 going out for dinner tomorrow night £30 so £25 left I will need petrol today so will put £20 in and hopefully just plan free things until pay day. I have plans to meet friends Friday but hopefully this will be be a play date at someone's house.

We've nearly made it past the tricky few months of DP learning a new job and this should start to show in his pay now.

Slow and steady. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • reality_check
    Options
    I'm glad you're getting there with the pay from the new job, always takes a while to even itself out - which is annoying!!

Hope you're enjoying maternity leave, I'm so jealous!! xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Eugh eugh eugh!!! So I'm a fool who didn't realise you can't flush baby wipes! I've been flushing them for a year since DS1 was potty trained! They blocked the drain and we had to pay £330 to fix it!!! The savings account is looking very very grim!!

£5 spent on a play date today I have £10 left in my purse until pay day on the 15th but no plans and I'm feeling poorly so think I'll have some quiet days at home with the boys.

One step forward two steps backwards :0( xx
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Feeling down about money today:(

My mse credit score updated today and hasn't changed!! I paid £1000 of my credit card over a month ago. The site doesn't show state of accounts so I'm hoping it's not updated yet and when it does it'll make a big difference. Although it's not like I need a good score as I'll never be able to afford to but a house anyway :mad:! Still no word from dp'/ dad I knew this would be the case though. He is coming to visit in a few weeks through so I'll get DP to stress how important it is that we have the money to focus on looking after our family now.

Must focus on the posivited and stay on track.
    £2867 plus £1000 DP's overdraft paid off debt since June.
    £1200 on savings
    Credit scores on the up

I just feel so silly for being stupid with money all those years. We living and learn I guess! We have the mot due soon which I'm preparing mentally to take the rest of my savings but at least the money has been there to pay these bills.

I have no plans for the next week so that should keep spending down. I need to rummage the cupboards and freezer and meal plan x
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Pay slips up for payday tomorrow. There is a tax rebate again which will help. No sign of the extra mat pay though. I may give payroll a call at nap time.

I've sprained my neck which is not fun with the two boys to look after. Spent my last £10 on pain meds yesterday. DS1 has had a trip swimming and a trip to the beach the last two days thanks to my lovely friends and family so hopefully he won't go to stir crazy staying home today while I try and move as little as possible. Already looking forward to nap time....it's going to be a long day.

I didn't even get a chance to get DP a Valentine's Day card and I normally pop one through my mums door from DS. I may dig out the craft stuff later and make some with DS. My mum offered to come round after work to help it'll only be for an hour or so before DP gets home but I might take her up on the offer least then I'll have help when dinner needs cooking. Lovely romantic valentines dinner for me and DP with my mum ha ha! We don't really celebrate it to be honest so he won't mind he'll just be happy I've had some help. I could do with some food I'll either send DP tomorrow as it's his day off or do a Tesco shop. Funds are limited though so Aldi may be best if I check freezer and cupboards and meal plan again. All the food hoarding I did while pregnant really helped but living in the middle of nowhere I like to have this so will need to build the freezer stock back up at some point.

So jobs for today:
    Meal plan and write shopping list.
    Make Valentine's Day cards

X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Pay day here. Whoop!

DP's day off so we're going to take DS bowling then meet my dad for lunch. Our treat to him as he tried to unblock the drain and it wasn't pleasant. I'm at the stage now where it feels wrong spending any money. Must loosen up and remember I still have a family and a life to live. It's my sisters birthday the start of next month so I've ordered her present this morning too. We'll pop to Aldi on the way home and pick up the bits we for the week.

Payrol called and they said any money owed will go onto march pay slip. Not sure I'm owed much now as the form looks like they will only backdate until 1st Jan and I went of super early as I was struggling. Boo! Anything is a bonus though I guess. Sooo already counting down the days until next pay day!
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • chelseablue
    Options
    Well done, you're doing really well!

Not sure if you've said before but are you planning on going back to your job?
  • hannahroberts1985
    Options
    Thanks you. I know I keep rambling on here but it keeps me positive.

Yes I will return three days a week mid June. X
    boys savings £

Family loan £7000/£5425
  • chelseablue
    Options
    I have a mortgage free diary on here that I ramble on :)

I have one son and currently am back full time, childcare is a fortune! Cant wait for September when he'll be eligible for the free hours (I hope his nursery will be doing the 30 hours a week!) x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure