PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I had an iron deficiency a while back and I took Floradix and ate a lot of iron-rich food with vitamin C. The iron levels went back up very quickly for me. I do take gentle iron now as a precaution. I just wasn't paying attention to my diet at all back then.:D

Feeling very un-champagne today, more like Special Brew.:rotfl:

The antibiotics are upsetting my stomach. The probiotics are arriving today, though.

I just did a hair treatment and had a long, hot shower.:) I'm in my pyjamas again today.:p I'm watching a Nine Inch Nails concert on YouTube. Very rock and roll.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I had an iron deficiency a while back and I took Floradix and ate a lot of iron-rich food with vitamin C. The iron levels went back up very quickly for me. I do take gentle iron now as a precaution. I just wasn't paying attention to my diet at all back then.:D

Feeling very un-champagne today, more like Special Brew.:rotfl:

The antibiotics are upsetting my stomach. The probiotics are arriving today, though.

I just did a hair treatment and had a long, hot shower.:) I'm in my pyjamas again today.:p I'm watching a Nine Inch Nails concert on YouTube. Very rock and roll.

LMAO at Special Brew:rotfl: n yaaay re Nine Inch Nails :j
    Hope your tum' s better asap xx
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Special Brew ain't cheap!
  • I'm considering a very champagne start to the year. I've been thinking of changing my car, it is ten years old and has done alot of miles, work and 6 years of running up and down to unis 2 or 300 miles each way. I'm doing far fewer miles now. I'm thinking if I get a new car it will last me 15 years and I will be 80 and probably done with driving. Anyway the local dealer has a new car in the model I like, got it for someone and the deal fell through so they want to get rid of it before the reg changes at the end of Feb so offering £2,500 off. I'm thinking if I can get another £500 off I will go for it. It has some extras with it as well so would be a good deal but still means almost £10k going out of savings so not sure what to do. I am going to have a test drive Monday so have time for a little think.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good evening everyone,
    Not a "champagne moment" day as such but I am feeling very satisfied at beginning a major declutter in my bedroom. After all the Christmas busyness I'm enjoying getting back into my routine:).
    LL - I aim for £30 pw for food, non-alcoholic drinks, household stuff and basic toiletries, I live well on that. I hope to have an underspend this month which I'll hive off to my mortgage overpayment pot which I find a good incentive to avoid just buying needlessly. Perhaps you could do the same and pop the excess into your £2019 challenge or treats fund?
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you for your advice! Yes I've read up on it on the internet (literally spent the last two days doing so) and drank a huge glass of juice this morning - with the pill of course. I had to eat something with it too since my body does NOT do well with taking pills on an empty stomach. I did take a little nap when I felt too nauseous and it's okay now! Maybe I was just lacking sleep, who knows.

You're right, I got the cheapest one. Maybe because I don't need as much (only every other day and only for 2 months - well technically 4 since I don't take them as often!)? It might also be the fact that I only took 2 so far and my body is still adjusting to it. But if you have any tips please let me know :beer:

My ferritin levels were much like maddiemay's. I was given ferrous fumarate which is marginally better than ferrous sulphate, but was a PITA to get hold of in the quantities I needed!

I'd suggest that you probably need more Vit C than is in fruit juice, so a supplement might be in order. You may also benefit from a high-fibre diet. I found that my appetite was poor while taking the iron, so it didn't really bother me that my food mostly tasted of ground linseed (a dessert spoon in every meal). Porridge is a good idea. As well as SW super-speed soup. And lots and lots of vegetables... (if you're not on a massive dose then it may not be a problem - my dose was calculated from my weight and monitored to avoid it being toxic :))
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My Champagne moment today was me going to my local Odeon to watch the film Widows at last. I absolutely loved it, although the violence was very realistic at times, which gave me a jolt.

The female leads are very believable and I cared about what was happening to them and how their futures would unfold when they unexpectedly found their worlds turned upside down by the deaths of their criminal husbands in a job that goes horribly wrong. I especially liked Viola Davis's ability to portray debilitating grief and her strength of character in trying to live with it. I would give this film 9/10 :D
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Sugarbaby You could start a thread....Suagarbaby's Limitless Film Reviews......we would all subscribe :)

Champagne moment yesterday was browsing EBay for perfume. Finding some barely used bottles/ unwanted gifts in my favourite fragrances for half the price of Boots. I have made an offer on one item and watching a few more.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello Everyone.......a glorious day here now. Lovely to see some January sunshine after yesterday's dark grey skies. Makes me feel so much more energetic.

Pleased to say, hateful as they are, the antiBs are working. I feel so much better and thankfully, even the nausea is finally easing off. I'm about half way through the treatment so by about Wednesday I should have finished the meds.

This morning has been nice and leisurely, a bit of a mini spa experience with a soak in the bath and a face mask. Then a nice brunch.

I am off to see Andr! Rieu later so looking forward to that.

Whilst not exactly a champagne moment as such, I did managed to make a start on the mountains of photographs yesterday. My husband died 4.5 years ago and yesterday was the first time I have been able to tackle these photos without turning into a gibbering wreck. To finally be able to tackle them felt very satisfying.

Bereavement affects everyone differently and although I think I have coped well, have managed to move house, go on holiday alone etc for some unknown reason I haven't been able to even look at photos. It just seemed such a hurdle. Anyway I jumped that fence and am now on the final furlong......:rotfl: I am going to buy a couple of really nice albums for the very best photos. I have already ditched the photos from when he was ill. I just want to remember him when he was healhy and robust and in his prime, the man he was, not the shadow he became.

Anyhoo. The big declutter starts next week. :rotfl: I think that will be the final piece of the jigsaw. Making room for a new life, new experiences, new people. :rotfl:it would be nice if I could get the house itself cleared before the summer then I can tackle the sheds and the outside. spaces.

Right time to get cracking......have a lovely day. Hope you are all enjoying some champagne moments.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,243 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Glad you're feeling a bit better LL :) My spa time will be my long soak in the bath tonight with a face pack, candles and the cava left over from last night.

I totally understand the photograph thing. My OH almost died from a brain tumour 6 years ago at the age of just 47. He's still here thankfully but disabled and brain damaged, not the person he was. I still can't bear to look at old photographs of him.

Enjoy Andre Rieu :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport