PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Lemonade Budget.

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I nearly went to see that on Sunday but felt it was wrong on such a glorious evening. :rotfl: There are several interesting films on release at the moment.

My champagne moment yesterday was an impromptu family BBQ. It was a beautiful evening. Perfick. :rotfl:
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 July 2019 at 6:48PM
    champagne moment has to be this glorious weather!!! the blackberries are starting to ripen, yay!! have left our hedge uncut to encourage said bramble bushes!! bumper crop this year. unfortunately all 3 dogs and 20 chickens and 2 ducks know when I pick them!! lots of beady eyes on me soon. xx
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Hi Folks!

Hoping to join you for the summer hols.

Champagne moments yesterday was a trip to London, with DH, who was going down to see his ex employer.....I wanted to visit the Japanese roof garden at SOAS, and while there, saw a food cart with a big queue. I was handed a lovely plate of Indian food, but when I tried to pay, we were told it was free. ( I think they may have been Hare Krishna?).

I ate my meal sitting in Hoxton Square, while DH had his meeting. I then wandered over to the Hoxton Hotel for a pot of tea, and enjoyed the Hipster ambiance.

Wandered around Shoreditch when DH was done. Followed one of the walking tours in our London walking guide. Got too hot, so lay down in a little park at Russel Square until it was time for the train.

Today's champagne moment was a free Caffè Nero coffee with O2.

Enjoy the sunshine.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Champagne moments: I can eat the forest strawberries in my backyard! I am allergic to normal strawberries, and bought the forest strawberry plant on a whim this spring, and now I can actually eat them! Hurray!

My cherry tomato plant isn't doing too well, but there were two ripe tomatoes on there, I ate those, they were lovely, and I had no reaction to them. Another hurray!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Good Morning,

Champagne moment actually involved fizz on Thursday :j A local arcade, which has lots of independent shops, had a promotion evening. Free drink of fizz, and food samples and a wander around the shops. Very pleasant....... Our friends bought some items on promotion, so we didn't feel too guilty about the freebies :D

Yesterday we went for a meal with DS2. No occasion, just a voucher going out of date. :cool:

Have a lovely day :)
  • lessonlearned
    edited 27 July 2019 at 10:35AM
    Good morning everyone

Good to see you enjoying your champagne moments, especially House Elf and the free fizz. Get you. Lol

Well I have been working my little socks off. That tatty old backbedroom has now been transformed into a glamourous "dressing room". And all done on the tiniest budget. The biggest expense was the carpet, £180 and then a tin of paint £20. Everything else has been repurposed or taken from my "stocks" :rotfl:

I now have a run of turquoise high gloss fronted fitted wardrobes, and a cream shabby chic chest of drawers. I've had that since I was a girl (so a very loooong time, ha ha). I switched the knobs to some pretty blue and white porcelain ones which I had saved from a previous chest that had finally died.

I have dressed the room in some of my pretty treasures, sticking mainly to blues, silvers and golds, which take off the plainness of the white walls. I have to say it looks very glamourous and oh the luxury of a dedicated "dressing room".

Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out. :D.

Kitchen/diner next.......
  • Loving the sound of your dressing room LL!! Sounds lush. :D

Have been struggling for some champagne moments this week with the unbearable heat but picking my own grown spring onions (never had success with them before) and my sunflowers gradually getting their flowers has lifted my spirits.

Bit cooler today so I think I will go to allotment and tidy up in the greenhouse........tomatoes are swamped by weeds but there was no way I was staying in there for any length of time the past week!!
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • lessonlearned
    Yes, the weeds are growing well aren't they.....but then they always do. :rotfl: I might pull out a few later whilst the ground is nice and soft. Too wet to mow the lawn but ok for weeding.

I meant to say......after a week of not going out much and concentrating all my efforts on the house, I am ready to party again.

My diary is looking nice and full for next week. After all my work it's time for some fun......

You know what they say....."All work and no play......" :rotfl::rotfl:
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My Champagne moment yesterday was going to watch the film Midsommer at Odeon Covent Garden. I bought a ticket with my Odeon Limitless card.

I do not watch many horror films not because of the gore but because too many films of this genre do not have plausible plots and stories. :cool: I really enjoyed this film even though there were moments when the gore became too much for me and I had to close my eyes.:D This film literally had me on the edge of my seat at times. :cool: I would give this film 8.5/10 :D
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    LessonLearned - thank you for telling me about your thread

There are so many things you say and talk of that hit home for me!

I absolutely love your thread, and I love your philosophy on life

This thread is my new fave place on MSE xx
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family