Help to Buy ISA

Hello, I’m planning to open a Help to buy ISA with my current bank (Santander). The only question is I have is that if I open the account with my current bank, am I able to get a mortgage with a different bank and still use the bonus and money from my current bank or am I stuck with my current bank and I have to get a mortgage with them

Comments

• Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You don't need to get a mortgage with the same bank (I'd imagine the vast majority of people don't!).

Make sure you shop around when you to do decide to start looking at mortgages. Lloyds (my bank) was hot on the phone to me to setup mortgage appointments when I started building funds but their rates weren't even close to competitive at the time.
    Know what you don't
  • Shajidnoor
    Shajidnoor Posts: 11 Forumite
    Thanks you!
  • Hi everyone,

I called Halifax yesterday to check the status of my H2B ISA and was worryingly told that I had to buy my first property by December 2019 (marking 4 years since I opened the account) to receive the 25% bonus. Surely this isn't true?! Anyone...?

Thanks in advance
    Ben
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone,

I called Halifax yesterday to check the status of my H2B ISA and was worryingly told that I had to buy my first property by December 2019 (marking 4 years since I opened the account) to receive the 25% bonus. Surely this isn't true?! Anyone...?

Thanks in advance
    Ben
    Duplicate post, answered at https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6009656
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure