IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye - Letter Before County Court Claim, NOT LBA.

Comments

• guernica wrote: »
    Would you recommend a letter or seeing the manager?

A letter, then there's less room for 'confusion'.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The other case like yours that I already linked above, now updated, got theirs cancelled by complaining to the people who contracted PE:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62919545#post62919545

Your turn next! :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • guernica
    guernica Posts: 23 Forumite
    Update: Phoned the hotel, they have cancelled the charge! Got an email confirming it too.

Now; ONE more issue! My 14 days to reply to the Letter Before County Court Claim is approaching, its the beginning of next week. The hotel said the cancellation could take 2-3 weeks (they couldn't phone ParkingEye, it's done via fax/post.
    Would you recommend me sending a letter to PE to confirm the cancellation - or just leave it?
    Quote from the hotel:
    "if you receive any further correspondence from them please contact the hotel to check on the status on the cancellation."

Again, thanks all, and Coupon-mad, I will keep this thread updated once I know for sure I'm clear so you can add it to your list ;)
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Email PE with a copy of email from hotel.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 27 August 2013 at 5:23PM
    guernica wrote: »
    Update: Phoned the hotel, they have cancelled the charge! Got an email confirming it too.

Now; ONE more issue! My 14 days to reply to the Letter Before County Court Claim is approaching, its the beginning of next week. The hotel said the cancellation could take 2-3 weeks (they couldn't phone ParkingEye, it's done via fax/post.
    Would you recommend me sending a letter to PE to confirm the cancellation - or just leave it?
    Quote from the hotel:

Again, thanks all, and Coupon-mad, I will keep this thread updated once I know for sure I'm clear so you can add it to your list ;)

That is great news and you are hereby added to this 'hall of fame' post of links to successful complaints - that will help others to follow your example!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

:T

And yes, as this is too close to court claim papers for comfort, I would CERTAINLY AND URGENTLY send PE a copy of the cancellation email if you have PE's email addy (quote the PCN number when forwarding the Hotel's email).

If not emailing, instead just print a copy out and post it to them this week with a covering note mentioning the PCN number of course and saying 'I trust you will now cancel your intended action and will completely remove my personal data and car data from all methods of storage otherwise you will have breached the DPA... as well as the BPA CoP and the Hotel's faith in you as a credible parking management firm.' :p:p
  • guernica
    edited 28 August 2013 at 1:29PM
    Something along the lines of:
    "Please find attached below the email from [hotel] whom I contacted [date of phonecall], advising that charge references [both of my references (remember I have two! shouldn't be an issue, right?)] have now been cancelled. I trust this brings this issue to a close and I trust you will now cancel your intended action and will completely remove my personal data and car data from all methods of storage otherwise you will have breached the Data Protection Act as well as the British Parking Association Code of Practice and the Hotel's faith in you as a credible parking management firm

(up) Yours, *(thanks for that one C-m ;) )*
    [etc etc etc]"

Apologies if this seems like hand holding to the extreme; I just want to make sure everything is above board and leaves no room for these leeches to maneuver.

Thanks so much again all, this is a weight off my mind. Again, I will keep this forum up to date on any activity :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Yep, I would send that and both fake PCNs should then be cancelled - but you may prefer to remove the 'up' unless you are very bold! :D
  • guernica
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yep, I would send that and both fake PCNs should then be cancelled - but you may prefer to remove the 'up' unless you are very bold! :D

Haha, I was joking... honest.

Email fired off... however I'm still slightly apprehensive they're going to issue court claim papers. I shall keep you all updated.
  • You might have to remove the leeches for a few more letters yet. PPC's have been known to still attempt to pursue costs (expenses) despite having the people that initially engaged them cancel the invoice.

Stick to your guns and be prepared to lay into the hotel if they still come after you.
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
  • guernica
    You might have to remove the leeches for a few more letters yet. PPC's have been known to still attempt to pursue costs (expenses) despite having the people that initially engaged them cancel the invoice.

Stick to your guns and be prepared to lay into the hotel if they still come after you.
    I'll type up my email, attach the hotel's email, and send it off to ParkingEye making sure I get a certificate of posting to prove the date - my 14 days expire on monday I believe.

In case ParkingEye decide to ignore both the hotel's request to cancel and my repeated confirmation of cancellation, how does that stand in court? In my favour I imagine?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport