Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    • 5,223Posts
    • 22,432Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 4:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 4:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 9:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 559
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 17th Jun 19, 11:24 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 5,391 Thanks
    Izadora
    Code - welcome back but sorry you're struggling at the moment. I hope things are a little easier this week.

Faerie - I'm glad things are still good with your home and that it's making your mental health so much better

Stoke - sorry you've had a rough couple of months.

WaS - I'm glad WaSp's home and best wishes for a speedy recovery

Calley - Sorry you're having a down day. Try to focus on the fact that you've managed to walk the dog and got a couple of loads of washing done. That's way more than I achieve a lot of days.

Sorry if there's anyone I've missed (I've just caught up with a load of posts after 2 weeks on holiday - well, a week away and a few days at home but it was 2 weeks away from work) and hugs and squishes to all who need them xx
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 17th Jun 19, 2:01 PM
    • 1,958 Posts
    • 10,325 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    ((Hugs)) Calley, you're a wonderful person! Don't let that negative voice inside get you down. Getting the dog out was an achievement, some days i cant leave the house. I dont know what makes us get these down times, but i usually just bundle myself in a blanket and read (and eat!) to relax and heal. I hope you perk up soon x
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 17th Jun 19, 4:46 PM
    • 9,140 Posts
    • 16,919 Thanks
    calleyw
    Calley - Sorry you're having a down day. Try to focus on the fact that you've managed to walk the dog and got a couple of loads of washing done. That's way more than I achieve a lot of days.
    Originally posted by Izadora

Izadora, Thank you for being kind. But you work so you do way more than me. Hope you has a nice time being off of work.

((Hugs)) Calley, you're a wonderful person! Don't let that negative voice inside get you down. Getting the dog out was an achievement, some days i cant leave the house. I dont know what makes us get these down times, but i usually just bundle myself in a blanket and read (and eat!) to relax and heal. I hope you perk up soon x
    Originally posted by dandy-candy

I get all sort of strange ideas in my head. I have a lot of thoughts of about I have done something terrible and someone is going to get hurt or die because of me. I slept again for a couple of hours this afternoon. And then it took me a good 15-20 mins if not longer to be fully awake. I need to go and see a dr about this as its getting silly. AM thinks I have sleep apnea but that is only because he has it.

I have days when I don't want to go out but often happens when AM is not around so I have to go out to take the dog out.I am sure it will pass. Until the next time.

Thank you for the kind words.

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 18th Jun 19, 11:32 AM
    • 1,958 Posts
    • 10,325 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    I had a weird day yesterday, i dont know if this happens with other people.

I needed to book travel insurance for my son who is going away on thursday, he travels a lot and i’ve done it for him and all of us in the past. I kept filling in the forms and then i couldnt bring myself to complete the transaction. I kept going on different sites, then I started reading up online reviews (which i havent ever done before) and ofc every company has good and bad reviews. I was left just paralysed by it all and the worry that i would pick a “bad” company and something awful would happen and he'd be seriously ill in a hospital not getting treated because i had pick the wrong insurer. I was going to talk it through with my husband as he is a very rational person, but he came home in a bad mood so i just kept it to myself. In the end i thought it would be far worse to have no insurance so i booked one ive used before and had done with it.

The fear of doing something wrong and it all being my fault (along with the catastrophizing) is something ingrained in me from my childhood by family members who bullied me physically and mentally. Even though i know they were horrible people it still constantly affects the way i respond. My husband doesn't understand this, he thinks now I've broken free of their influence and cut people off then i should be fine - a closed chapter, time to move on. Im so grateful to have this site to talk to people who understand what anxiety and depression is like.

On a lighter note i decided to tidy the kitchen today (I'm not going to pressure myself into doing the whole house), I'm about half done and should finish it before DH gets home

Big hugs to all in need x
    Last edited by dandy-candy; 18-06-2019 at 10:30 PM.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 18th Jun 19, 5:06 PM
    • 4,986 Posts
    • 4,684 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Stressed at work today, as I have been there a few months I have greater tasks to do, so was given literally a 3 minute training session in morning though they did ask if I understood (which I sort of did) when I did it though I messed up multiple times in a role and it gave me severe panic and this was barely 10am and lunch wasn't to 12, after I got back I got 20 minutes proper training and have been fine since but still it really got to me.

It was more it was easy to understand when it was just a casse of someone clicking boxes in front of me, but when I did it, I wasn't sure what boxes to click.
    • SSDD23
    • By SSDD23 19th Jun 19, 8:19 AM
    • 1,113 Posts
    • 3,342 Thanks
    SSDD23
    I made the decision yesterday to ask my doc if I could retry medication for my low mood/anxiety/tiredness so made a request online to "ask your doctor a question" and he phoned me this morning and spoke through it all with me, and then was quite happy to sent a scrip over to the pharmacy near me for me to pick up today. I think previously I felt better and as soon as I did, just stopped taking them way too early. I'll be more diligent this time!

I feel a bit less on edge already knowing that I've taken a step to feeling more like myself, it has far too much of an impact on my daily life trying to force myself to be happy
    Debt Target #01 - 0/228
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 19th Jun 19, 10:51 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 5,391 Thanks
    Izadora
    Calley - I hope things are seeming a bit better today.

Dandy - don't worry too much about it, I end up spending ages going through different options when I'm trying to get insurance. You can imagine the fun I had when I had to sort out travel and contents insurance on the same day...

Deka - don't be afraid to ask someone to explain something again if you don't fully understand. It's a bit much for them to expect you to pick something up without giving you time to take it all in. Do you know if they have process notes, with screen shots, which make it easier to follow which boxes you're meant to tick?

SSDD - well done for taking the first steps and I hope you can get back to being you.

Hugs and squishes to all who need them xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

754Posts Today

5,637Users online

Martin's Twitter