PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry Removing a restriction

Comments

• Laura_Bean
    Laura_Bean Posts: 9 Forumite
    Thanks. So just to confirm the names that appear on the restriction include Laura Bean Ashley bean and Stacey bean? I will let our solicitor know so that the appropriate statements can be drawn up as Stacey is happy to sign it. Hopefully the application to remove it will be with you soon
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,779 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 May 2018 at 8:32AM
    It's the Declaration of Trust that is referred to in the restriction as per your original post.
    If the trust was made between the three names then it seems prudent to include all three in confirming that it has now come to an end
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Laura_Bean
    We have the statements to sign and get sworn by a solicitor. They have also asked for Stacey to complete and ID1 form as they have not verified her identity before. As our solicitors are in Wales it is proving very difficult to get a solicitor to sign our statements and Staceys ID. Are you able to verify Staceys ID if we made an appointment with your Weymouth office? We can then travel up to Wales to sort out our statements but they cannot do both. Please advise
  • Land_Registry
    Laura_Bean wrote: »
    We have the statements to sign and get sworn by a solicitor. They have also asked for Stacey to complete and ID1 form as they have not verified her identity before. As our solicitors are in Wales it is proving very difficult to get a solicitor to sign our statements and Staceys ID. Are you able to verify Staceys ID if we made an appointment with your Weymouth office? We can then travel up to Wales to sort out our statements but they cannot do both. Please advise

Laura - I'm afraid not. It reads as if the solicitors are requesting the ID1 verification for their own purposes, rather than ours as we do not generally require evidejnce of identity when processing such an application.

I would suggest asking the solicitor to clarify their requirements and what they would accept. I suspect any local solicitor is wary of signing your statements when they are not verifying your identities as well so removing that part from the process may assist?
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Thanks. We have found someone that can sort the forms for us now. Hoping the application to remove will be with you next week. If this could be expidited Due to it being related to a sale it would be appreciated.
  • Land_Registry
    Laura_Bean wrote: »
    Thanks. We have found someone that can sort the forms for us now. Hoping the application to remove will be with you next week. If this could be expidited Due to it being related to a sale it would be appreciated.

Laura - your solicitor will need to provide details of the oneward sale and request expedition once their application is submitted.
  • Laura_Bean
    Hi. Just to confirm the application has now been submitted. Are you able to advise if our solicitors have requested for this to be expedited? As mentioned this is in relation to a sale and our chain want to move asap. If you could offer me some expected turn around times it would be much appreciated. Many thanks
  • Hi Laura, really hoping you see this message and would appreciate your comments back.
    Was just reading the thread and it is very similar to what I am going through, although I am the buyer. From your experience, how long did it take to get the restriction removed?
    Unfortunately the sellers solicitors are really incompetent and unsure of what to do, while my solicitor understands fully but an able to speak to the seller for legal reasons.
    Would love to hear your comments on how it went getting the restriction removed!
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    cathomas wrote: »
    Hi Laura, really hoping you see this message
    She hasn't logged in since 3 June so I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • I just bought a house and it came with the land next to it but it has a few restrictions the top 2 being.
    1. The transferee will not at any time hereafter use or occupy the property or any part or parts there of or permit or suffer the same to be used or occupied for any purpose other than for private garden land.

2. The transferee shall not at any time erect place or lay any building structure or works on or in the property or any part or parts there of.

Do they mean I can't put a concrete sectional garage on that land? Since its my private garden I just want to make sure I can put the concrete sectional garage in it with no comebacks.

Or would I need to contact the local council or/and the land registry?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sorry for asking the question in someone else's thread.

Rob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport