Which console?

Comments

• Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    You can get Xbox layout controllers for PlayStation! And I think Playstation Now has some Uncharted games and they can be played on PC if that helps.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Kodi is fine to be there - have you not got that yet ?

Whichever way you choose to customise it with addons IT CANNOT AFFECT YOUR XBOX

Therefore is completely irrelevent as far as warranties are concerned.
    When they talk about stuff that's not meant to be there, they are referring to code not signed by microsoft ie - if you have jailbroken your console.

Why are you finding this so hard to understand :huh: :huh: :wall: :wall:
    I wasnt denying that. I explained how they might not look on it like you do when looking for an excuse to not fix your console. Yes the build may well not hurt the console but its on kodi and not on some online cloud and kodi is on the console. Therefore if they wanted they could argue you have done something you shouldnt and use that as an excuse to get out of the warranty.
  • donnajunkie
    almillar wrote: »
    It would cost them money. Have a look at the name of this website again. Your view was based on incorrect information, and it's OK if you want to change it now...

People can make their own mind up.
  • donnajunkie
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Thats one thing that annoys me about having an Xbox rather than a playstation , I have never had the oppertunity to play Uncharted :( and I really like the look of that ..

I just cant get on with the playstation controllers though - and i mainly just play call of duty

The controllers have improved alot from ps3 to ps4 and it really is just a matter of getting used to them. If you can afford it and justify the money then i would get one. Remember the first 3 uncharted games are also on ps4 remastered. The first one isnt great though. The last of us is a must game and the best game i have ever played, even better than uncharted.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 May 2018 at 9:46AM
    I wasnt denying that. I explained how they might not look on it like you do when looking for an excuse to not fix your console. Yes the build may well not hurt the console but its on kodi and not on some online cloud and kodi is on the console. Therefore if they wanted they could argue you have done something you shouldnt and use that as an excuse to get out of the warranty.

No - they absolutely could not - Please stop saying this

Just one final explanation and then im not discussing this anymore ..

Kodi is allowed and fine on xbox - we have established that.

Now - a build is not a program, it is not an executable file, it is just a confiuguration file for kodi (telling it what skins to use, and what addons to install - and remember, these addons are not executable files either - they just tell kodi what URLs to use for media locations).

Now Kodi is just a media player, which has the ability to stream media over a network - be it your own network, or a location on the internet.

So kodi, or the addon , or the build, doesnt know or care if this media file that it is told to play is your own home movies, or an illegal copy of a film - to it, it is just a media file.

So can you see now, nothing dodgy is going on on the xbox, or the build, or the addon or anything atall.
    The only questionable thing is the legitimacy of the media file that it has been instructed to play.

The xbox, kodi, the build and the addon are all acting completely legitimately - no shady code is running, you have not modified your xbox ..

The only shady thing is the person who uploaded the movie to whatever streaming server that particular build is pointing at.

So once again, the xbox, and kodi are doing exactly what they were designed to do - streaming a media file - thats it !!

Hopefully this will finally get through and you will understand how microsoft will absolutely completely not care that you have kodi installed - whatsoever - because it is simply a means to stream media - If you choose to use it to stream illegal media - thats your business .

For you to void your warranty, microsoft would have to prove that what you did resulted in damage to your hardware. For example, overclocking a PC

That is the law - not my opinion

And as i have explained numerous times - that is completely totally and absolutely impossible by installing kodi and any build imaginable

Thats the most thourough explanation i can give - if you dont get it now then i give up :)

Andy
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Don't think it can be explained any clearer andy but some folk will still disagree because of what scare stories they have read and wrong assumptions that they have made.

If Microsoft were in any way shape or form bothered about kodi then they wouldn't have allowed it to be installed. Another argument for is that it is much more powerful than a firestick so can stream bigger or higher resolution files.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you havent had a sony for ages may i suggest the following games,
    Horizon zero dawn.
    Uncharted 4.
    Uncharted lost legacy.
    The last of us.

Never had the PS3 but bought the PS4 and was interested in this game, so I bought and played the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection first (first 3 games), played all back to back - loved it, my type of game.
  • donnajunkie
    cjdavies wrote: »
    Never had the PS3 but bought the PS4 and was interested in this game, so I bought and played the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection first (first 3 games), played all back to back - loved it, my type of game.

The second one is the best. The recent lost legacy is very good despite there being no nathan drake in it. Its slightly shorter but not much shorter in my opinion.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Chickabiddybex Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer Savvy Shopper!
    I loved Lost Legacy! Very different to the other Uncharted games with the open map sort of layout but kept all the great aspects of the game.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • AMO
    AMO Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Easy question (I hope) - when my Xbox 360 finally gives up the ghost, what should I replace it with?

I'm only an occasional gamer so I don't need the latest super-duper version but I'm thinking PS4 or Xbox One? More importantly, why?

Everyone I've asked who has an Xbox says stay with Xbox as it's familiar and it's backwards compatible but everyone who has a PS4 says it's more than just a console.

Ooh decisions, decisions.

Hi, I had the same decision a few months ago. Aside from the fact that any good deal will tilt your decision, this was my line of thought....

Bottom line:
    - If you're going Xbox, get an XBox One S
    - If you're going PS4, get a PS4 Pro.

Other factors I had, but were subsequently changed:

- I'm more of a Microsoft fan with Halo and Ghost Recon split-screen. Getting the lads round and using a projector was a big thing. However, split screen is a thing of the past.

- Games on Xbox are really few - especially exclusives compared to PS4 in the current generation.

- In the past, my view was that VR on PS4 would be rubbish and wait for XBox One X. But the reality is that XBox One X doesn't have a big enough customer base (VR will only ever be a fraction of the total base) and so even with a powerful machine, XBox One X is holding off on VR whilst it tries to improve its customer base. By the time it does, PS5 is likely to be on the horizon.

- Many PS4 owners I know are upgrading naturally to a PS4 Pro (although some are opting to get the VR).

In the end I purchased a PS4 Pro. The people that upgraded I know regardless of background in PS/XBox all went for PS4 although some did, because of a good deal on the XBox One S, opt for that.

I guess it doesn't matter which route you take, but my view is that to be cautious forking out for the XBox One X as its a lot of money and might not be going anyway - the XBox One S is vastly superior in terms of value. With PS4, it's up to you whether the additional cost to the PS4 Pro is worth it, but I'm happy I did - I use the apps a lot (e.g. to watch Amazon Prime and Netflix) and a friend that has had both PS4 and PS4 Pro said that navigation in the menus and apps is a better experience with the PS4 Pro, so I am happy. But others rather like to save the extra money or put it to the VR.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure