PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No householder charges here and - for now at least - garden waste collection in wheelie bins is still FOC. Good job too as our council tax is ridiculously high :(

One thing we have noticed since moving to the West Midlands is that the [STRIKE]tip[/STRIKE] recycling centre doesn't have a resale area. Not sure if that's the same in other parts of the country, but back in Wiltshire (and previously in both Essex and Hampshire) there were sections set aside for the sale of the *better class of rubbish* ;)

My council's bulky waste is £20 for first item and £3.50 for each subsequent item. If the other items are electrical - its an extra £1 for subsequent items.

When I had my washing machine delivered by a local firm, they charged me £5 extra for disposing of the old one. I have seen others in the area having other white goods delivered and don't pay the £5 for disposing as seen their broken appliance on top of their drive. Why didn't they pay the electrical showroom the £5, I don't know.

My tips don't have a resale area. Though I had people taking my stuff away when I took them to the tip. One time, I got rid of some picture frames as the backs went. Someone said they are the sort he was after and took them off me. Another time it was a round veg rack on wheels as he was going to convert the baskets into flower baskets by welding some chains at the rims.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Frankly, best not to start at all ...
  • This one's a little bizarre, a 2 bed semi with 2 kitchens. Aside from that weirdness it looks quite a nice house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60949270.html
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    Cloudydaze wrote: »

They do have some books on shelves which is always a positive for me. Otherwise, love how creative and discrete the EA has been in the description.
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
  • Doody
    Doody Posts: 122 Forumite
    This one's a little bizarre, a 2 bed semi with 2 kitchens. Aside from that weirdness it looks quite a nice house.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60949270.html

Very strict Kosher? Relatives living in who aren't wanted in the kitchen?
    'Get Brexit done' is a lie[
    "Your deal won’t get Brexit done, Mr Johnson. It gets you to the start line, and then the real tough stuff begins"
    Betty Boothroyd
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 September 2017 at 8:59PM
    More likely they built a kitchen-extension and didn't get round to removing the old one.

Or maybe for making charcuterie, my aunt does that in her 2nd kitchen in her place in France.
  • Cloudydaze wrote: »

The CCTV cameras in the kitchen and lounge and the public-toilet style handwash dispenser on the garden sink add a certain .. well anyway, we know they're normal people because they've got a cheap plastic air-freshener next to the bog.

But 1.3 MILLION?
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • cloo
    cloo Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    But 1.3 MILLION?
    A shed in Wimbledon will probably set you back 750k. Dunno why, we rented there for a year and it really wasn't that nice.
  • I cannot imagine how that will ever sell! I know you have to look beyond the decor but that would be really hard to do. Nightmare of a house, I only like cream walls and no ornaments!! Tacky and tasteless comes to mind with complete lack of taste.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure