New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy

Options
Raxiel
Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
Don't know how long they've been around but I just saw them when doing a quick check today:

E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 - Looks pretty good for a big 6 tariff. About £70 a year more expensive than my current Iresa deal, close enough that I'll probably switch to lock in the price for the whole of next winter (and get my smart meter smart again).

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v1. Another £120 a year on top of that. Not amazing compared to green tariffs from other suppliers, but better than half of their other tariffs.

Presumably the 'Online' tariff is online only, although the website is pretty light on details, stating only that the price is fixed for 12 months (subject to tax and regulatory changes of course). No sign of it on the CEC, is that because it's new or because E.ON don't want to pay referral fees? If it were on there I'd have switched already, any comments Malc/Helena?

The clean energy tariff is on CEC, takes a bit of scrolling to get to it but it does have the £25 cashback.
3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2017 at 1:27PM
    Options
    Showing Saver v13 as cheapest for me, will have to scroll down to see if they are there but the v13 was pretty far down the list ! Found Clean, £200 dearer than Saver v13 so definitely not even worth considering.
  • Raxiel
    edited 12 September 2017 at 1:35PM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Showing Saver v13 as cheapest for me, will have to scroll down to see if they are there but the v13 was pretty far down the list ! Found Clean, £200 dearer than Saver v13 so definitely not even worth considering.

Yeah, that one appears on the CEC for me, but it doesn't show for me on E.ON's own website, I just have:
    Online (£744.56)
    Cap and Track (£855.05)
    Clean (£903.77 like you say, not great, many small companies with green tariffs under £800 for my usage but it's second place if you stick with the big 6)
    Fixed 1 year v22 (£942.09)
    Fixed 2 year v11 (£970.65)
    Energy plan (SVT) (£970.65)

V13 was £845 for me when it was there.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Don't know how long they've been around but I just saw them when doing a quick check today:

E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 - Looks pretty good for a big 6 tariff. About £70 a year more expensive than my current Iresa deal, close enough that I'll probably switch to lock in the price for the whole of next winter (and get my smart meter smart again).

E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 Year v1. Another £120 a year on top of that. Not amazing compared to green tariffs from other suppliers, but better than half of their other tariffs.

Presumably the 'Online' tariff is online only, although the website is pretty light on details, stating only that the price is fixed for 12 months (subject to tax and regulatory changes of course). No sign of it on the CEC, is that because it's new or because E.ON don't want to pay referral fees? If it were on there I'd have switched already, any comments Malc/Helena?

The clean energy tariff is on CEC, takes a bit of scrolling to get to it but it does have the £25 cashback.

Hiya Raxiel,

Spot on, we have got a couple of new tariffs out.

E.ON Go Online 1 year v1 is available for new and existing customers and fixes your prices for 1 year. Existing customers will need an active online account to switch but you won’t have to opt-in to paperless billing (although you do get a small discount if you have paperless bills)

You do have to pay by monthly Direct Debit.

You should be able to switch to it through
    [FONT=&quot]our website and price comparison sites. So not sure about CEC.

If you log in to your online account and use the 'pick a new tariff' it should do a quote for you and you'll see all of the info that you need.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]E.ON Clean Energy Fixed 1 year. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is also available to both new and existing customers and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]is only available to customers paying by Monthly Direct Debit.

There more info on the website as well
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Raxiel.

Thanks again.

Helena
    [/FONT]
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raxiel
    Options
    Thanks Helena, I used to manage my account online anyway so it sounds like it would be no different for me if I switched back. Think I'll wait a day or two to see if it appears on the CEC though, £25 cashback would bring it down to just £3 a month more than I'm paying right now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @raxiel
    The E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 tariff is showing for me on CEC now.
  • Raxiel
    edited 12 September 2017 at 2:54PM
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @raxiel
    The E.ON Go Online 1 Year v1 tariff is showing for me on CEC now.

Thanks!:money:

Applied for the switch, now to find out if Iresa will play silly beggars or let me leave graciously (Not to mention my £107 of credit).

Edit: Helena
    My old E.ON account still exists (closed but allows access to my old bills and transactions)
    I supplied a different email address to CEC/Money Supermarket as part of the switch, will it be possible to reactivate that old account with all it's legacy information or will I get set up with another account?
    I thought about just changing the email address on the old account to match but it doesn't seem to have the option.
  • stewie_griffin
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up Raxiel. I'm already with E.ON (electric only Economy 7) and I've switch from Fixed Saver 13 to Go Online and my unit prices have gone down from 17.105p & 7.283p to 15.215p & 6.962p (including VAT). The standing charge hasn't changed - about 16p per day.
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks from me too Raxiel. Just fixed mine for 1 year.

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • Raxiel
    Options
    Actually I just realised that E.ON kind of told me about the new online tariff a month a go via their focus group, guess I should start paying attention to those emails again.
  • MrsWenger
    Options
    Hi Helena or Malc, I hope you are both well.

Would one of you be able to help with an enquiry on behalf of my father in law please?

I can see the new Go Online tariff will be cheaper for him but his account online shows two separate areas for gas and electricity. The Go Online shows as an option within electricity but not within gas; that only shows the standard option in the search results. I only have electricity at home so I am not sure what to do on his account to sort the new option for both fuels.

Thanks very much,

Tracey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family