Sar Letter

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    sharpdeath wrote: »
    I'm being a bit picky but there's an extra "L" in "immediately" towards the bottom of the SAR letter request. :)

lol good one SD........:rotfl::beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • willitbemyturnsoon
    Options
    I hope someone would be able to advice me?!!?

I sent a Data subject access request to the company that sold me finance on my corsa 6 years ago to find out what the two thousand plus charges incorporated and I have recieved a letter from RBS saying the following:-

I confrim that the information regarding above agreement is being collated. However, your request is unsigned and the finance dcouments are in a different name. Please supply the following informaiton as soon as possible to enable me to respond to your request:

Confirmation of current and previous surname.
    A copy of the data which your are entilted to recieve under the data protection act will be sent yo you within 40 days of requested information being recieved.

I am not sure how to respond to this letter?
    I read somewhere on the forums that you shouldnt put your signature to the SAR request so I typed my name. Also, I got married last year so my agreement was in my maiden name....

I'm not sure what to do?
    Please can someone advice
    Many thanks
    :o
  • di3004
    Options
    I hope someone would be able to advice me?!!?

I sent a Data subject access request to the company that sold me finance on my corsa 6 years ago to find out what the two thousand plus charges incorporated and I have recieved a letter from RBS saying the following:-

I confrim that the information regarding above agreement is being collated. However, your request is unsigned and the finance dcouments are in a different name. Please supply the following informaiton as soon as possible to enable me to respond to your request:

Confirmation of current and previous surname.
    A copy of the data which your are entilted to recieve under the data protection act will be sent yo you within 40 days of requested information being recieved.

I am not sure how to respond to this letter?
    I read somewhere on the forums that you shouldnt put your signature to the SAR request so I typed my name. Also, I got married last year so my agreement was in my maiden name....

I'm not sure what to do?
    Please can someone advice
    Many thanks
    :o

Hi and welcome.

In order for them to locate you SAR details of all they hold on you, if you do not have the account number then the more details you give the easlier for them to track your details down.

So basically, they will need to know the address of when you taken this out 6 years ago and your maiden name.

However if you still do have the account number details and mis sold on the policy you can still continue to make a reclaim on the account without the need of other information, but if you do not have any info at all it may help your case in case you need to refer to anything to support your case.

For more on reclaiming with guidelines....
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this helps, give your date of birth and all addesses while under that account, even the year this was taken out for the SAR request if no account number.
    Good luck.;)
  • willitbemyturnsoon
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for your reply its much appriecated. Can i just double check before I reply to RBS.

I do have the orginal credit agreements with the account number, I have kept all paperwork for the agreement, I just dont understand the small print!! I was young and very naive when I bought my car!

So do I need to send them my signature? I could send them a copy of the agreement with my signature on and my old address?

To be honest it would help if I could understand the actually credit agreement as I may just be barking up the wrong tree?!
    It says there are no the charges for GAP you pay £0.00 and insurance is £0.00 but then on the next page it says GAP/ GAP Plus Premium is payable in addition to and at the same time as the first instalment and therefore you pay £273.00 in total. Then it says you pay an acceptence fee £95 as well and a credit facility fee £95 plus charges £2136 - I think I'm getting more and more confused.

I really am a newbie! and also 7 and half months pregnant with a bee in my bonnet!!!

Your advice is greatly needed!:rotfl:
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you for your reply its much appriecated. Can i just double check before I reply to RBS.

I do have the orginal credit agreements with the account number, I have kept all paperwork for the agreement, I just dont understand the small print!! I was young and very naive when I bought my car!

So do I need to send them my signature? I could send them a copy of the agreement with my signature on and my old address?

To be honest it would help if I could understand the actually credit agreement as I may just be barking up the wrong tree?!
    It says there are no the charges for GAP you pay £0.00 and insurance is £0.00 but then on the next page it says GAP/ GAP Plus Premium is payable in addition to and at the same time as the first instalment and therefore you pay £273.00 in total. Then it says you pay an acceptence fee £95 as well and a credit facility fee £95 plus charges £2136 - I think I'm getting more and more confused.

I really am a newbie! and also 7 and half months pregnant with a bee in my bonnet!!!

Your advice is greatly needed!:rotfl:

Hi and your very welcome.;)

Good luck with your pregnancy as well.:A

The agreement should confirm the amount of finance and if any insurance taken, then they add this together as one monthly sum.
    So if they had done this then you were obviously paying for insurance as well.

That copy of the agreement would be fine to send them, maybe highlight 2nd page so they do not miss this and on your letter let them know you have hightlighted your details of the insurance.

Therefore if you print your name that should be fine, as you have enclosed the copy of the agreement, never send them originals, in case you never get them back.;)

Hope this helps. Good luck with all here and take care too whilst being pregnant, please keep us posted though if you can, cheers.

Di
    X
  • willitbemyturnsoon
    Options
    Thank you for your help.:T
    I will let you know how I get on.
    Em xx
  • smileycaz2005
    Options
    Hi - wondering if I can pick your brains?

We sent a SAR letter off to Virgin in September to gain evidence of numerous calls we made to cancel PPI (which they continued to charge us for for many months). The cheque was cashed in November, however we did not recieve anything.

We called early this year and was told that they would resend the info . However - having still recieved nothing we called again to be told that they were of the oppinion that they had done what was required of them and we had no grounds to complain (also refering to the dispute they said they had not missold - which isn't what we're accusing them of!) Overall they have been very unhelpful and not complied...

Who is right?

Do they have to prove they sent the info or are they right in saying they've done what they have to?

Should we go straight to the Ombudsman now?

Thanks!
    Cx
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi - wondering if I can pick your brains?

We sent a SAR letter off to Virgin in September to gain evidence of numerous calls we made to cancel PPI (which they continued to charge us for for many months). The cheque was cashed in November, however we did not recieve anything.

We called early this year and was told that they would resend the info . However - having still recieved nothing we called again to be told that they were of the oppinion that they had done what was required of them and we had no grounds to complain (also refering to the dispute they said they had not missold - which isn't what we're accusing them of!) Overall they have been very unhelpful and not complied...

Who is right?

Do they have to prove they sent the info or are they right in saying they've done what they have to?

Should we go straight to the Ombudsman now?

Thanks!
    Cx

Hi there

This is shocking, they should have returned your cheque payment if they are unable to send anything in regards of your information.
    They had 40 days to do this!

Have you also made contact with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)?
    See what they have to say as well, and of course go to the FOS as well.
    https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Good luck, please let us know how you get on.;)
  • willitbemyturnsoon
    Options
    Hello! I knew this wasnt going to be easy but I feel so intimated by banks and the way they write their letters.....I hope that you can help me make sense of things....

Firstly I am recieving correspondance from both RBS and Inchape Financial services, which I dont understand.

I have recieved a letter from Inchape Finance on 16th April that bascially doesnt say anything??! All the letter states is the 'Data Protection Act 1998' and enclosed is the list of payments I have made a copy of the credit agreement and terms and conditions.

I still dont know how the charges are broken down - is it possible that the 2326.00 charges incorporate GAP/PPI?
    In the terms and conditions it say 'you must pay total amount payable set out in parts 2 and 3 of the schedule in instalments together with any gap/gap plus insurance' Parts 2 & 3 says Gap/Gap plus insurance says '0' Apr '0' however part 4 says The Gap/Gap plus premium is payable in addition to and at the same time as the first instalment shown and therefore your first payment will be 273.00 and the acceptance fee and credit facilty fee are payable in respect of the provision of credit.

Any help with be gratefully recieved!
  • di3004
    Options
    Hello! I knew this wasnt going to be easy but I feel so intimated by banks and the way they write their letters.....I hope that you can help me make sense of things....

Firstly I am recieving correspondance from both RBS and Inchape Financial services, which I dont understand.

I have recieved a letter from Inchape Finance on 16th April that bascially doesnt say anything??! All the letter states is the 'Data Protection Act 1998' and enclosed is the list of payments I have made a copy of the credit agreement and terms and conditions.

I still dont know how the charges are broken down - is it possible that the 2326.00 charges incorporate GAP/PPI?
    In the terms and conditions it say 'you must pay total amount payable set out in parts 2 and 3 of the schedule in instalments together with any gap/gap plus insurance' Parts 2 & 3 says Gap/Gap plus insurance says '0' Apr '0' however part 4 says The Gap/Gap plus premium is payable in addition to and at the same time as the first instalment shown and therefore your first payment will be 273.00 and the acceptance fee and credit facilty fee are payable in respect of the provision of credit.

Any help with be gratefully recieved!

Hi there

I take it you requested for a SAR and this is in regards of the info they have sent you, but no actual breakdown of what is what?

It sounds like to me (although I may be wrong) that the 2326 is that of the PPI insurance added to the finance.

You could write to them again and tell them they have not made it fully clear of the information they provided and you on this account and would appreciate it if they could send you a detailed breakdown in more simple terms, they should be able to send this information on request.

I have had to do this with some of them.

Otherwise wait for other answers on this one, or post in a separate thread below.

Hope this gets resolved soon for you, and if you need any help on the actual reclaiming please also ask anytime.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport