PPI Reclaiming Discussion part 4

Comments

• decipher29 wrote:
    Hi guys just quick query hereI sent my letter off to halifax regarding miss selling of ppi on my loan,i have had a response saying we have decided to pay you all the ppi and 8% back.

it also says we will be contacting you shortly about the amount.

What i need to know is how long it takes to hear what the amount is and how long after their refund letter to actually recieving the money.

anyone who has successfully had there ppi refunded from Halifax would know this

i really appreciate any info

pinknico wrote:
    Hello decipher29, I am one of the lucky ones who won PPI with Halifax, it took about 2 weeks to send the calculations and another 2 to get the cheque.

Thanks for replying pinknico

Its been two weeks since i had the "ppi refund letter" and i ve got an account with them so won't receive cheque it will just get paid into my account.

Anybody else can chime in.
  • jojo1964
    jojo1964 Posts: 902 Forumite
    marshallka wrote: »
    Hi Steve, from what the Ombudsman told me in an email Firstplus were covered by the GISC from November, 2001 so if your loan was taken after that date it would be ok to take this complaint to them. I take it you did not use a broker then?

Happy to be corrected if i am wrong but this is a copy of the email sent to me from the FOS

Thank you for your email.

From the information you have provided, it would appear that we cannot deal with your complaint because the business is not covered.

Having looked at the information you have supplied to me, it appears that your complaint against Firstplus Financial Group relates to events which occurred when it was not a member ofthe General Insurance Standards Council (GISC).

On the 14 January 2005, as a result of recent legislation, the Financial Ombudsman Service became responsible for looking into complaints against former members of GISC about events that occurred while the firm was a member of GISC.

I should explain that the firm was a member of GISC from 20 November 2001. I note the policy was sold to you in January 2000. The complaint therefore appears to outside our jurisdiction

Welcome back
    Thankyou Sir Alex for 26 years
  • marshallka wrote: »
    Hi Steve, from what the Ombudsman told me in an email Firstplus were covered by the GISC from November, 2001 so if your loan was taken after that date it would be ok to take this complaint to them. I take it you did not use a broker then?

Happy to be corrected if i am wrong but this is a copy of the email sent to me from the FOS

Thank you for your email.

From the information you have provided, it would appear that we cannot deal with your complaint because the business is not covered.

Having looked at the information you have supplied to me, it appears that your complaint against Firstplus Financial Group relates to events which occurred when it was not a member ofthe General Insurance Standards Council (GISC).

On the 14 January 2005, as a result of recent legislation, the Financial Ombudsman Service became responsible for looking into complaints against former members of GISC about events that occurred while the firm was a member of GISC.

I should explain that the firm was a member of GISC from 20 November 2001. I note the policy was sold to you in January 2000. The complaint therefore appears to outside our jurisdiction

Welcome Back.. not seen you in a while

Great to know about the membership since 2001. How are thing progressing in your case?
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Incipience wrote: »
    Welcome Back.. not seen you in a while

Great to know about the membership since 2001. How are thing progressing in your case?
    Still waiting for the outcome of the unfair rebate but with the insurer though and will post up when I hear anything. ;)
  • jojo1964
    jojo1964 Posts: 902 Forumite
    marshallka wrote: »
    Still waiting for the outcome of the unfair rebate but with the insurer though and will post up when I hear anything. ;)

Thanks to you, i have sent off my first letter concerning PPI, fingers crossed for me.
    Thankyou Sir Alex for 26 years
  • Marsh, are you intersted in taking legal action
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    decipher29 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying pinknico

Its been two weeks since i had the "ppi refund letter" and i ve got an account with them so won't receive cheque it will just get paid into my account.

Anybody else can chime in.

Hi Decipher

You may find out more information if you look over in the success and failure thread. There should be others who have been in a similar position as you. Hope it is soon for you.
    :mad:
  • maxdp
    HI DI

Just a suggestion I wonder as your SAR is on page 1 (well incipience) you could edit the post you made and add the usual stuff e.g. send of money wait however many days. Post recorded. Letter should be responded to in 8 weeks etc and put it in BOLD so that when people ask this question all we have to do is to refer them back to PAGE 1.

Does that sound sensible:confused:
  • maxdp
    No Di

You have posted it above here anyway. If you go to the beginning of this page. Do you see what I mean make it bold and then we can refer people back.

It is Post No 3.
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Now copy and paste it with your post with SAR on page 1 Di, thats brilliant what you have done there. xx
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills