PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    IN, y.s. Cod loin, half for today, y.s. Pork Ribs
    OUT Nothing
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    2nd portion (also known as l/o) put in a wrap with a ball of mozzerella which had been in fridge for yonks, had grown really fat in its bag but was OK when drained. Also finished off half a courgette and last of the aubergine, fried both and put in wraps. Actually was nicer than I expected. Will finish off some ham into a scrambled egg thing for lunch today. Tonight I have taken some of the hash browns out of freezer, no idea why I bought them !! and a lamb leg steak no doubt with peas and

plan to have some of the frozen curry and rice for tomorrow. Last 2 slices of sour dough chocolate and nut bread are out for today. Had 2 huge fish finger sarnies for lunch yesterday when dd joined me.
  • getmyacttogether2016
    Options
    Evening all

Out - portion of ribs with chips and breaded mushrooms and pasta bake and 5x mini sausage rolls for next couple of days lunches.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

Mar PP - UU 24 (£279.46), TA 2 (£ 13.99) IN 12 (£89.81)
    Apr PP - UU 27 (£324.94), TA 3 (£38.50) IN 53 (£216.65), GA 6 (£40.97)
    May PP - UU 0 (0.00), TA 0 (0.00), IN 0 (0.00), GA 0 (0.00)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Went to Asd.. yesterday and bought 3 ready meals, 2 for freezer, 1 for today so the curry is still in freezer. Hard boiled 5 eggs for fridge so couple today with toast, bread on last legs and instead of using one from freezer, bought a new loaf. Also bought some baby corns and asparagus so had some last night with dinner, new punnet of maushrooms, I do not know why I buy by the punnet as it makes me eat them as I already have some in freezer, but I do like em. Bought just 1 carrot and 3 onions. At least the onions last and I use them regularly. Carrot will bused spiralized with cougette for salads, maybe boiled egg salad tomorrow.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OUT portion of liver and some sliced onions.
    IN nothing
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Maisy_Moo
    Maisy_Moo Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    In nothing

Out one pack of sausages
  • getmyacttogether2016
    Options
    Evening all

Out - 2x gluten free pizza bases.

Having tomorrow instead as fancied omlette rather than pizza.

GMAT
    Lost my way for far too long but now back on board to lead a more simplistic lifestyle

• carinjo
    carinjo Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    At the market last week the veg man was almost giving away his punnets, it was raining like crazy. Got 2 punnets strawberries and 2 punnets cherry tomatoes for £2! Got me thinking of doing some soups for the freezer. So in: 4 portions carrot&tomato soup. Out: frozen french beans, peas and in 2 portions indian spiced chickpea soup. Out: chicken breast to add to summer minestrone soup. Out: half tomato ciabatta for tonight.
    It's good for the soul to walk with your soles on the soil. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Threw away the last few slices of old bread, it was still OK but over a week old. Have picked some of my home grown leaves and pea shoots - no sign of pods ??? - and the plants I was unsure of I noticed are radishes so I pulled one of them, wil have with boiled eggs, maybe in a tortilla wrap, thats lunch, will get some of the curry n rice out of freezer for dinner, been planning it for days. Out fpr lunch tomorrow so will have light meal later on.
  • getmyacttogether2016
    Options
    Evening all

Out - mince for spag bol. Will pad it out a bit and then put some portions back in freezer.

Really do need to do a freezer and pantry inventory so I know what I have and can plan what to make.

GMAT

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback