Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 5th Feb 17, 10:27 AM
    • 3,584Posts
    • 19,238Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Get a grip !
    • 5th Feb 17, 10:27 AM
    Get a grip ! 5th Feb 17 at 10:27 AM
    .....25/11/2018 ......
    I have decided to update as its been ages since I started this thread and so much has changed including my priorities.....

We gained a puppy after starting this thread and although she is a handful she has given me something to focus on and to get up for each day.

DS split from one long-term gf and is now several months into a new relationship and started a new job and seems very happy.

Sadly DM passed away suddenly this year and I miss her every day. Then DF was seriously ill in hospital with sepsis and almost died but thankfully he found the strength to pull through and is making a full recovery physically. We are supporting one another emotionally as a family.

I started this thread with the focus on saving some money. That hasn't happened and I have ended up with some debt on a 0% credit card but it is being paid off as planned and I am still managing to pay all bills and still have some money to spend with friends. I am planning to start saving for an emergency fund in the new year 2019.
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 25-11-2018 at 6:52 AM.
    Balance 0% credit card to pay 1360 898
    Emergency fund 0/500
Page 68
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 9th Jun 19, 6:25 PM
    • 13,974 Posts
    • 47,480 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    Good I was panicking you had wiped yourself out with overwork! I hope you are feeling better.
    Christmas Fund 148
    Reminder: June Spending on fleabay 6.99
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 12th Jun 19, 8:57 PM
    • 3,584 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I went back to work on Tuesday and have taken breakfast and a packed lunch both days this week.

After work today I did a trip to the tip with a car full of junk. The tip is just round the corner from work so I saved a trip by going on the way home

New water bill arrived going up to 13.14 July then 13.15 for 7 months increased from 12.79.

My birthday card refund 5.98 has gone through back onto my credit card

Added DS's gf to home insurance cost 2.24

I got a fathers day card in Tesco today 1 for a lovely hallmark card & bought 6 first class stamps, will pay for these from birthday etc fund.

It poured with rain when I came out of Tesco and I got soaked
    but it gave the car a wash

DS & gf walked puppy dog twice today so I didn't have to

A good day, more than

Last edited by Skint yet Again; 12-06-2019 at 9:00 PM.
    Emergency fund 0/500
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 15th Jun 19, 5:36 AM
    • 3,584 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    It was a lovely sunny afternoon yesterday. DS gf walked puppy dog. I met with a friend after work and we went for lunch in the local pub. 2 for 9.99 and a drink each 3.20 = 8.20 from entertainment fund. Had a lovely chilled afternoon.

When I got home I hoovered the dog carpet and kitchen tiled floor and cut the grass. Then had a snooze with the dog

Its a sunny breezy morning today. not sure if it will rain later. "Rent" from DS and gf will be due in next few days, they get paid on 15th, so I can then sort out my credit card payments & savings.

Next Saturday I am out for a friends birthday we are going for high tea at a local place 10 which will come from birthday fund and I already have a card in my stash which I bought a few months ago.

DF has gone to my sister for fathers day so I am glad he is not home alone. I have sent him a card and already buy him a magazine subscription for birthday/xmas/fathers day.

More decluttering to do today! DS has gone to work. Puppy dog has been fed and is snoozing. I think I will walk her this morning and then DS & gf can walk her this afternoon/evening when DS gets home. Time is now 6.35, just off back to bed for a few hours
    Emergency fund 0/500
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 15th Jun 19, 7:12 PM
    • 13,974 Posts
    • 47,480 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I hope your meal was good yesterday and that you had a good rest this weekend.

I hope your father had a good Father's Day too.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 16th Jun 19, 5:40 AM
    • 3,584 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I walked puppy dog before the rain yesterday. It brightened up around 2pm so I put some washing out. It was quite windy so it dried in around an hour before it rained again. I cleared another kitchen cupboard, cleaned the bathroom and did a bit of gardening when the sun appeared around 6pm. Am hoping to meet up with a friend later today depending on the weather, the forecast was raining all morning and sunny periods this afternoon.

Decluttering week 24 - w/e sun 16 June - 9 tins of paint dried up / dregs left. old hoover no longer working & not needed now I have my vax blade & shark. 8 old baking tins/cake tins inherited years ago and never used. Old flan/quiche dish with crack in side not used for years. Why oh why do I keep all this stuff !!
    Emergency fund 0/500
    • savingwannabe
    • By savingwannabe 16th Jun 19, 7:46 PM
    • 13,974 Posts
    • 47,480 Thanks
    savingwannabe
    I hope you had a good day and were able to meet up with your friend. Well done on decluttering - As to your question, apart from my spare room my house is tidy but I have so many posh tins. I don't want to get rid of them even if they are empty they might come in useful one day.....

Have a good day tomorrow.
    Christmas Fund 148
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 17th Jun 19, 8:32 PM
    • 3,584 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    I helped DS's girlfriend sort some of her stuff yesterday and walked puppy dog in the morning before the rain.

My friend came round about 4pm last night when it brightened up and we went to the pub but it was very busy and noisy so we picked up an indian and went back to her house. spends 2.70 and 6.00 from entertainment budget.

I went shopping after work today total spend around 19 (haven't got receipt to hand at the moment) Food this week

Breakfasts
    porridge & banana & honey
    scrambled egg

Lunches
    pulled pork, cheese & onion, egg mayo roll & crisps

Dinners
    fajitas
    chilli chicken stir fry & noodles
    pulled pork chips & sweetcorn
    pulled pork. jacket potato & veg & gravy
    spag bol
    chilli & rice
    Red thai curry chicken
    Fish pie

in stores already = 1/2 tin beans put in chilli, wraps, noodles, porridge, honey mince beef, kidney beans in freezer, passata, peppers corgettes, onions, rice, thai red curry paste & coconut milk in freezer, spaghetti, herbs, spices, butter, olive oil, gravy granuals.

I had spag bol for tea & one portion left for the freezer along with 2 portions of chilli made this afternoon. Also helped DS's gf to build a wardrobe from IKEA, the instructions were awful !!! but we got it sorted and put together

Am shattered am in bed now for an early night zzzzzz
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 17-06-2019 at 8:34 PM.
    Emergency fund 0/500
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

434Posts Today

5,096Users online

Martin's Twitter