No Outside Stop Tap - Should My Water Co Provide One? (Thread no 2)

My flat doesn't have an external stop tap. The supply pipe for the flat comes from the road, then under the pavement, then under a tarmaced forecourt that I own and then under the threshold of the front door to the inside where there is an internal stop tap under a trap door under door mat. I think it's lead all the way.

The internal stop tap is failing and needs replacing. Is the water company (Bristol/Wessex) obliged to install a stop tap in a chamber under the pavement like most other properties around here?

Thanks for any advice.

This is a duplicate of a thread I posted in wrong section (energy bills).

Comments

• markin
    markin Posts: 3,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I think you just report you can't find it, and then its up to them to find it, and then install a new one in the road when they can't find it. no cost to you.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm guessing that the stop tap is somewhere under your tarmac'd forecourt.When was the tarmac laid?

All you can do is report it to the water co and see what they have to say. It might be worth investigating the benefits of a water meter at the same time - they'd probably sort it out a bit quicker if you wanted a meter installed
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport