Not billed for a service I use ;)

Options
J_B
J_B Posts: 6,443 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
Following on from all the 'my contract ended but they still charge me' posts, I have a different conundrum. :)

I have an 'Orange Value Promise - Virgin Equivalent' contract (to give it it's full name)
Basically, it's pay as you go, but you pay a monthly bill after your use (no topping up required)
It's my 'glovebox' phone and I have used it about twice in the last 2 years.
Sadly the DD has expired and so I've not been charged and EE have 'upgraded' the on-line account system so that you can't use it any more.

I'm not overly worried about an outstanding £1 (?) bill ... do you think that Orange/EE are????

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have the same OVP SIM, also in an old phone in my car, unused. I should make a call or text with it to see if they bill me somehow...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,622 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn’t worry, EE are shutting those sims down shortly, I’ve had a letter saying if I want to retain the number to call an 0800 number as they’re terminating the OVP plan on 30 March iirc.
    ====
  • J_B
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry, EE are shutting those sims down shortly, I’ve had a letter saying if I want to retain the number to call an 0800 number as they’re terminating the OVP plan on 30 March iirc.
    Was it a letter, or a text?

'Our Kid' has two of these which he actively uses and had texts on both telling him to phone an 0800 number
    Google doesn't have much info on this number, so we guessed that it was another hoax.

He has a monthly bill from Orange and no mention (as yet) of closing down the service ... why would they when they charge 55ppm?
  • d123
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Was it a letter, or a text?

'Our Kid' has two of these which he actively uses and had texts on both telling him to phone an 0800 number
    Google doesn't have much info on this number, so we guessed that it was another hoax.

He has a monthly bill from Orange and no mention (as yet) of closing down the service ... why would they when they charge 55ppm?

Letter, I’ll see if I can dig it out and if I still have it I’ll upload a copy.

It’s closing because EE is closing down the whole Orange brand. There’s some discussion about the letters at https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2323085/orange-plan-closures
    ====
  • d123
    Options
    This is the most recent letter.

9234759-D-FFF7-42-D1-B111-FFBE56-EBBB24.jpg
    ====
  • J_B
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Letter, I’ll see if I can dig it out and if I still have it I’ll upload a copy.

It’s closing because EE is closing down the whole Orange brand. There’s some discussion about the letters at https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2323085/orange-plan-closures

Hmmm, no letters here.
    (but, it's dated 13/3 so maybe this week sometime???)

I will ask 'our kid' tomorrow

:(
  • d123
    Options
    Hmmm, no letters here.
    (but, it's dated 13/3 so maybe this week sometime???)

:(

It’s possible, though I did have a previous letter with more details about a month ago.

I didn’t pay a huge amount of attention as I intend to just let the number go dead.

You could always ring the 0800 number on the letter and enquire (possibly they are doing them in batches).
    ====
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Only just realised what this thread means for us as the wifes emergency phone is on an old Orange PAYG sim in a Nokia 3220.

I used the number on the letter above but that must be for contract sims as they transferred me over. On PAYG you should get a text within the next few months and they'll move you to the nearest equivalent EE deal. While there I got transferred to the phone unlocking service and they've had to send the request to Nokia given the age of the phone. Up to 10 days for it to get sorted and I'll have to sort out a PAC I suppose once it's done.

Time to find another supplier for her I guess.
  • J_B
    Options

BUMP

Been to see 'our kid' again today(he has two 'regularly used' OVP/VM phones on one business account)

and he showed me this ...

15x1i80.jpg

Also, looking at this
    https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/price-plans/mobile/3g-price-plans#article-title-1

it seems that there is a "3G" tariff called 'pay as you consume' ...
    So, maybe OVP/VM is still working???

I also have an OVP/VM 'glovebox phone' which still works but I've had no communication from EE at all
  • d123
    Options
    BUMP

Been to see 'our kid' again today(he has two 'regularly used' OVP/VM phones on one business account)

and he showed me this ...

15x1i80.jpg

Also, looking at this
    https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/price-plans/mobile/3g-price-plans#article-title-1

it seems that there is a "3G" tariff called 'pay as you consume' ...
    So, maybe OVP/VM is still working???

I also have an OVP/VM 'glovebox phone' which still works but I've had no communication from EE at all

Calls at 55p per minute?

What good value that is ;)
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills