Reclaim lost assets for free discussion

Options

Comments

• webwiz
    webwiz Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why can't the Banks & Builiding Societies simply publish on a web site the names and last known address (approximate to protect privacy, although it is at least 3 years since the person lived there) of the holders of accounts that they are treating as "lost". If someone has forgotten an account they probably don't know that they have forgotten it. Also if a parent has died they may not know that the account ever existed. Then everyone could just check to see if they or their dead parents were listed. Simple.
  • ange_g
    ange_g Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    With regards to reclaiming lost assets it says in the article on the website not to pay anyone to do it, however I am trying to look for two life insurance policies I took out for my children many years ago, but the website to do this search will charge me £18, is there anyone out there that will do it free? :confused
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm not at all sure if this is the right place ,but I have a small amount of cash due to come to me shortly from a distant relative who died intestate, and on Wednesday I have to go to a Commisioner of Oaths to swear an Oath .What happens after I have done this and anyone have any idea how long i will have to wait before i get paid out.It's not a great deal of cash about 9K but a tidy sum for a pensioner like myself .
  • am try ing to find out what happened to commercial union , had a endowment policy with them and have been trying to find out what happend to my policy . Took out a pension plan with Prudential they said they would get my endowment paid into my pension plan some years ago but it never happened and am trying to find my lost endowment, any ideas please.
  • cambubbly
    Options
    am try ing to find out what happened to commercial union , had a endowment policy with them and have been trying to find out what happend to my policy . Took out a pension plan with Prudential they said they would get my endowment paid into my pension plan some years ago but it never happened and am trying to find my lost endowment, any ideas please.

Commecial Union changed nameto CGNU and is now part of Aviva,which includes Norwich Union
  • cambubbly
    Options
    Nellie wrote: »
    hubbie has being recieving letters from a firm in London called Premier Assest Research Ltd who keep telling him they have discovered an assest which they "understand may be due to you. It is held by Trustees pending your instructions and is valued at approx, £1700"

They want 20% plus VAT to recover the amount and enclose an agreement plus retainer form to sign.

Of course hubby has tried getting them to quote a smaller fee with no joy and they won't of course give us any clues.

We've tried his old pension fund and shares held but can't seem to establish what it is. Also checked his very old premium bonds but as they are registerd at his mums address we ruled that out.

Any ideas where to go now. Don't have old life policies and any shares we sold a part from certs held for current ones. Can't think of any closed bank accounts or savings.

At first we thought it might have been a share we lost out on like QXL or something but register doesn't bring anything up.

This company is legitimate although their methods of no disclosure until you sign up puts many people off.The thing is- Itis NOT a case ofpaying themand then they find something for you.IT IS the case rhat they have already identified an unclaimed asset in your name but will not disclose it untilyou appoint them.

The wording of their letter would indicate that is INDEED a shareholding in a company that has been bought by another and your hubby is what is known as a dissenter. Check your old shareholdings- YOU WILL BE due something
  • $am1965
    $am1965 Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    I have received a letter from a company called Trust Research Services,
    (PLC 2158381) who say that they are contacting me on behalf of a major UK company who have unclaimed assets belonging to me from an investment I made at an old address.
    When I logged on to the site and looked at the FAQ it says they do not deal with cases under £500, I am sure I would know if I had mislaid that amount of money.
    They ask you if you require verification to contact
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cripps Harries Hall, in Tunbridge Wells (Tel: 00 44 (0)1892 515121,
    Has anyone heard of either of these companies
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Sam:happylove
  • munster10
    Options
    I have just used this company to recover shares due to me from Marks& Spencer.

I checked their credentials on the website for marks & Spencer Group plc and they are genuine.

Altogether, I was very impressed with the service I received from them.

If you want tocheck themout-look at https://www.marksandspencer.comand goto the investor pages under lost shareholders
  • spike274
    spike274 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently, on BBC news this morning there was a bit about how there’s £14bn sitting in bank accounts that people have forgotten about. The government has decided that this money needs to go back to its rightful owners and has made the banking authorities set up www.mylostaccount.org. THIS IS TOTALLY FREE!!!

This web site takes your address details and searches all the banks for accounts in your name. If it finds any accounts that are marked ‘lost’ or ‘dormant’ the bank will get in touch offering you the money back.
  • yetihorne
    Options
    I have also received a letter from Premier Assets Research and other similar companies to tell me that there are assets due to me. I know it's true but am determined to get them myself without paying a company a percentage. So I have written to the major Company Registrars eg Capita, Computershare and Equiniti asking them to check their Dissenters Register for my name. A reply from one of them has said that they can do it but it may take some time. So I remain hopeful and can't guarantee that this will work but it's worth a try!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback