What small DFW things will you do this week? W/C 15th July

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: thanks for starting this week cat just one more get up for you :j

We've been off for a few days so I've only managed to catch up but not post. I've got a few things to do today:

Check banking, make sure everything is where it should be and update sheet
    Several returns to go back to places
    Paid another big bill - money is (was :p) in savings, write on invoice when I paid
    Meals from stores
    Hopefully go berry picking later
    Clean through
    Some washing out
    Make a list of things I need to do/achieve
    Triage fridge
    See if I can list a few things on fleabay now I've managed to unlock my account

Have a good day all. Purps.
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D I can't imagine a lot is going to happen today. I have a child with confirmed chickenpox and I have an upset stomach so am going to return to bed and relax and just see how this lazy day unfolds!

I hope to:

* really tidy up - we have descended to a level of untidiness that we would be embarrassed with the inlaws visited unexpectedly!
    * all meals from stores
    * continue reading book
    * investigate if I have ingredients for pickled beetroot :D
    * continue cutting out fabric to make teacher's gifts.

So I have made 2 wax wraps and 2 reusable sandwich/snack bags (outer fabric Owl themed, which is the class they are in, and inside oil cloth so they can be wiped down and also washed in machine. Do you think these are a nice gift? If I bought them on Etsy we are probably looking at £20 each set)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Brilliant - just typed a massive long post and accidentally pressed the wrong button and closed my internet so it's gone.
    I was probably only moaning anyway - but did want to say that I hope you're feeling better soon DNMS and that I'm pleased you can get out and about now Dawn.
    Then I think I was bleating on about my holiday and how only 5 lessons stand between me and the summer.
    I've still been managing to get small things done:
    Putting all the rubbish and recycling out - plus a litre of disinfectant into my rubbish bin. It needs a good clean :tongue: but that can wait until we're home.
    Washing all done and dried and up to date
    Gifted gooseberries frozen ready for preserve making once I'm back from hols
    All bags packed apart from last minute essentials we'll do tomorrow morning
    Travel documents printed
    Catsitter booked and paid for :D
    Still to do tonight when I get home:
    Finalise crochet projects and write a list of what needs to be done and in what order
    Put any salvageable items into the freezer (bread, milk etc)
    Get an early night
    Make sure that I speak to my neighbours to keep an eye on the place
    Think that's it... going to press submit now before I lose this one as well.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning
    This morning dd instructed me to stay in bed, where I sat enjoying the view of the garden. She made pancakes (from scratch) :) and also brought up a pot of tea :)

I did pop down before she got up (sshh) and got the bread started, currently on its 2nd prove.

Todays plans:
    Make bread, in progress
    Make porridge
    Prepare dinner this morning
    Home educate children for free
    Do some planning for a block of lessons using free resources
    Dry washing outside
    PAD
    Pmp etc
    Update spending diary with yesterdays spends, must remember to include OH prescription
    Keep on top of the emails
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2019 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Morning / afternoon all :)
    Sorry to hear that your little GD has caught chicken pox right at the start of the holidays DNMS :( Hope she doesn't have it too badly, it is horrible, but at least she is getting it while still little, it is usually worse the older you are. I remember one summer when one (primary age) child came home with chicken pox and the other with mumps. Then they swapped over, and the baby got chicken pox - so that was the summer that year :( The items you are making sound like very nice presents to me - things you can use rather than cluttering up the house are always better presents I think!
    CCL, hope you have a fantastic holiday, you deserve it!

So far today I have:
    Cleared up kitchen a bit, hoovered lounge
    Rehomed an unwanted sage plant (I have a huge one, and don't know why I bought this one as well, even though it was only pennies from a car boot back in the spring!) Now been collected :)
    Made scotch eggs for dinner using YS sausage meat from the freezer - haven't made them for years, but OH asked for them the other day.
    Lunch will be sandwiches made from leftovers and salad bits
    Still need to:
    Triage fridge
    Decluttering - not sure what / where yet, but there is plenty to choose from!
    Turned out vintage French kitchen cabinet in the conservatory. Got rid of:
    A small bottle of house plant food decanted into the big bottle of liquid plant feed that I use for everything, bottle in recycling :D
    A pair of child's wellies, but I will need to ask DD what she wants done with those
    A tin of finishing wax (for furniture) gone to OH's workshop
    Various garden items / products replaced in garage where they should be
    An old, chewed dog Kong toy to bin
    'Decluttered' various survey site accounts and now have £15 of gift cards in my Amazon account :D

We actually got some rain last night, so no watering needed today :T
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 July 2019 at 5:24PM
    Options
    Dnms, I hope both you and your gd are feeling better soon, when my kids had chicken pox it was my niece who had it the first two weeks of the holidays then ds1 for the middle two weeks and yes you guessed it ds3 for the last two weeks. That summer holiday seemed to go on forever!
    CCL, have a fab time, you deserve a lovely relaxing break.
    Foxgloves, so pleased that the sale went through ok.
    Dawn, good to hear you're back to driving! I remember that feeling after breaking my arm and the feeling of freedom it gave me!

DIdn't manage the following from yesterdays list
    * clean out the fridge and check nothing is going to waste, its been a meal plan fail all week so far! :D
    * update freezer inventory :D
    * find a recipe to try and make a biriyani from scratch

Todays list
    # more bagels used up for breakfasts
    # ds2 had free school breakfast (only 1 more to go!)
    # refilled water bottle several times at the gym this morning as it was very warm in there today
    # home via aldee and stuck to my shopping list, bought a few extras tins (beans/mushy peas/sweetcorn/soup) as they're handing to have in for if we have extra kids here to feed during the holidays
    # popped into the charity shop to see if they had any little side tables but nothing so I came out empty handed and my purse in tact.
    # talked to my dad about this little table and he went into the loft to see if there was anything we could use to make something instead of buying but nothing suitable up there, so he suggested buying a little book case so I was looking on ikea and argos websites when he suddenly remembered about 2 tempered glass shelves that were in dining room when we bought the house 13 years ago but we took them down as we had a young baby at that point, they've since been used in ds1s bedroom, really high up with teddys on when he was little, then into ds2s room for a similar use, then into the spare room where dh works when wfh, until recently when we moved things around. So there they were back in the garage with the matching screws and brackets, ready to save me some money as they will do the job brilliantly! Just going to wait to put them up until we've repainted the room :)
    # whilst in the loft my dad saw some rackets - my mum had found 2 badminton rackets a few weeks ago at her house from when we were still living at home but found another 2 matching ones this morning plus 2 squash rackets :D my mum says they've been up there since we first moved in but I had no recollection that they'd bought a racket for my sis & I when we were teens- so I've done an online chat with sportsdirec£ to cancel Sundays order for 2 new rackets for the kids and I've just ordered replacement gripper tape for these 4 rackets :) so happy :j:j:j I do love shopping from home!!

Still to do - yesterdays bits plus.....
    * run the dishwasher on the quick wash and then empty done and done
    * check banking/update spreadsheet :D
    * bought two chickens again this morning so will cook both together :D
    * see if there are any onepo11 surveys around as not far from payout :D
    * make families lunches for tomorrow :D
    * clean kitchen using microfibre clothes and stardrops
    * see if I can find anything else to go in the cs bag which I forgot to drop off when there this morning :D
    * clear up dh's office as I've moved some furniture in there and he's wfh tomorrow done- will dust and hoover in there too

** packaged up another box of things to go to CEx after an rm survey came in a box which was the perfect size - also used reclaimed rm survey paper to print the free postage label off and stuck it on using tape supplied ages ago from RM :) Should give us another £35 ish in vouchers

Thats it for now, take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all,
    1LL - Thanks. Yes, it's certainly a weight off my mind. Solicitor just finishing off all the final estate accounts. It's been a long, sad old time, but I have got through it without the old (a long time ago now) anxiety disorder creeping back.
    DNMS - When you said how your little GD was feeling & that there was chicken pox around, I thought 'That's it, that's what she's got'. I was eight when I got chicken pox, & yes, the spots were horrible, but the worst bit by far was the incubation period when I can remember just not understanding why I felt so vile.....headache, achey, no energy at all, sad all the time......then out popped the spots. Hope she doesn't have it too badly & that you soon perk up too.
    CCL - You've made it (well, unless anything mad kicks off in the next hour or two) - Have a fab holiday......& I'd love to hear that your kids have come back loving a couple of new foods (though not terrible expensive ones, of course, lol......my youngest nephew has discovered lobster & is defo not getting THAT as often as he'd like!)
    Today's list:
    *Wrote to an old friend using a card & paper, etc, from my stash. I use IT every single day of my life, but nothing beats getting a proper letter, does it?
    *Baked a sourdough loaf.
    *Remembered to defrost prawns - had to replace planned meal - can't recall why now, but am now doing king prawn skewers & serving with salad & a side dish from my low-fat Indian cookbook which is new potatoes (home-grown atm) cooked with spices & red chillies. Always better to find something nice from stores rather than get takeaway temptation.
    *Clean upstairs using washable cloths & minimal products (still to do)
    *Next week's meal plans - Discussed but not yet written up (will do over coffee)
    *Water & feed veg.
    *Declutter today's 18 items - done.
    *Copied out a couple of recipes & bits I needed from library books.
    *Did 1 YouGov & 3 Prolific Academic surveys.
    *Fed conservatory plants & Mum's beautiful stephanotis plant.......dare I try to take a cutting? I might try, as it's a gorgeous plant, fragrances the room & attractive too. And, I've recently seen one priced at £18, which wasn't even all that big. Hmmm. Cuttings it is, then.
    *Start writing grocery shopping list.
    *Check online banking to see if mr f's survey money has arrived yet from Paypal. If so, transfer it to a specific savings pot.
    *Free fitness - just steps today, as the gardening I did yesterday has resulted in my hands feeling a bit stiff, so if I'm not at my 7000 daily steps target by tonight, I'll march up & down our long garden until I am!
    *Ironing. Boooo. Worst job. Shall pre-sort it as usual & only do what really needs it.
    *Mend my black footless tights.
    *Knit more sock, as I didn't get as far as I intended yesterday, due to a silly saga involving a large spider (am quite badly arachnophobic)
    *Update my dfw diary, which I shall do next, then sign off & go & do that vacuuming & ironing, as not much time tomorrow......vet, dentist, Swedish emporium then spending the evening with friends.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :D I can't imagine a lot is going to happen today. I have a child with confirmed chickenpox and I have an upset stomach so am going to return to bed and relax and just see how this lazy day unfolds!

I hope to:

* really tidy up - we have descended to a level of untidiness that we would be embarrassed with the inlaws visited unexpectedly!
    * all meals from stores
    * continue reading book
    * investigate if I have ingredients for pickled beetroot :D
    * continue cutting out fabric to make teacher's gifts.

So I have made 2 wax wraps and 2 reusable sandwich/snack bags (outer fabric Owl themed, which is the class they are in, and inside oil cloth so they can be wiped down and also washed in machine. Do you think these are a nice gift? If I bought them on Etsy we are probably looking at £20 each set)

Oh no, not a great start to school holidays, hope you both feel better soon, sounds like a fab gift you've made for her teachers.
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dnms, I agree the gifts sound great!
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Today's plans:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Gym - Done
    Return Library Books - Done
    Walk - Done, local reservoir and then browsed a couple of local garden centres, only spend £2
    Measure garden & decking for new fences -
    Fill & hang pots on shed -
    Swagbucks -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner -
    Read Book

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52