Dog chewed my passport

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    There is a likelihood once you get to the other end, you wont be allowed into Spain with it.

Thats assuming you are even let on the plane when the staff look at your passport at the boarding gate. As said, you may as well try as its far too late now to get a new one for later today, but prepare to be disappointed. Airlines arent in the habit of letting people board the plane who are likely to be turned back as I believe they end up being fined.

I went through Malaga airport a few weeks ago and they just waved me through whilst holding my passport up showing the front.
  • smudge56
    smudge56 Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    B4rlogas wrote: »
    I’ve contacted the passport office several times begging them, damaged and lost passports is 7 days, expired passports yes same day,
    No you spoke to their call centre not the passport office. Tweet them in the morning. It’s the staff at the actual office who decide whether or not they will give you the premium service not the call centre
  • B4rlogas
    B4rlogas Posts: 15 Forumite
    Do you have a contact number?
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I went through Malaga airport a few weeks ago and they just waved me through whilst holding my passport up showing the front.

Well its going to depend on the airport isnt it? Barcelona T2 a few weeks ago they sent most people through the E-Gates and the rest went into a manual queue where it certainly didnt look like they were just waving people through after a cursory look.
  • bradders1983
    Wouldnt it just be worth turning up at the Passport Office and trying your luck? Are you on the 5pm or the 2pm?
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Let us know how it goes, never flown Ryanair but here they can be ars** just hope you get a nice person.
  • bradders1983
    Archergirl wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes, never flown Ryanair but here they can be ars** just hope you get a nice person.
    Any airline will be "arsey" if they fear one of their passengers will be turned back by Spanish security, given they have to pay for it. Nothing at all to do with how "nice" someone is.
  • B4rlogas
    B4rlogas Posts: 15 Forumite
    18:15 flight
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Ryanair are famed for their 'jobsworth' attitude. If the passport can be read by the machine they are fine, if not they cannot fly, but if they just look at it and say no then that is not right.
  • cubegame
    cubegame Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Archergirl wrote: »
    Ryanair are famed for their 'jobsworth' attitude. If the passport can be read by the machine they are fine, if not they cannot fly, but if they just look at it and say no then that is not right.

With this in mind it may also be prudent to travel with the definition of a damaged passport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/damaged-and-faulty-passports/damaged-and-faulty-passports-policy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure