The Happiness Fund.

savingwannabe
savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 18 July 2020 at 5:15PM in How much have you saved?
I am going to copy over all my posts about my new kitchen or lack of it!!!!

I am changing my thread name back to a more saving focussed one so I don't get distracted.:j

Addendum: I have changed the name again as I am planning to chill out now I have savings and am going to continue to save for happy times. lol.
Aiming for a minimal spend 2022

Comments

• savingwannabe
    edited 18 February 2015 at 7:54PM
    Hello is this a good time to join? My name is savingwannabe I used to be on here a long time ago when I was saving for a new extension. Now I think I will save for a new kitchen. So far I have one hundred pounds in my Christmas fund (I would like £500 for Christmas presents and Christmas food and also birthday presents) anything left over will be my kitchen fund.

I am on half term hols and have just renewed my passport (well I posted it off) and when it comes back I am going to change my bank for one that pays a reward!. Dead excited.

We are waiting to hear about redundancies at work so am keeping fingers crossed. Having said that we shouldn't hear till May June hopefully.

I work part time (as am ill) and earn £1638.

Mortgage £750
    Bills £350
    Christmas and kitchen fund £50 (am hoping to increase this) Currently I have 100 saved up for presents.
    Credit Card £120-200 depends how naughty I've been
    Food £120
    Cash I tend to keep £100 for spending but do spend anything left over ( I tend to waste a fair bit but some goes on taxis as I can be immobile depending on my health).

I am going to stop spending money on fleabay, give up Diet Co$e at work, walk whenever possible and avoid eating out and spending on my credit card. Eventually maybe in a few years I will have saved for a lovely kitchen. I have a serviceable kitchen for now but it would be amazing to have a glossy white one like in the magazines. Good things come to those who wait and all that. lol.

I have posted 3 things on fleabay and hope someone buys them as a start to my fund. Gosh the name of this thread is boring. I might change it.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello :hello: Savingwannabe :D

long time no speak.

yay to saving for a new kitchen. you remember mse had lots of great tips on how to save money while still having a great time ;) so your idea of stop spending on ebay is good.

you need to do some survey sites to make extra cash!
  • savingwannabe
    Bless you petal. I will but I tend to do things like buying whoopsies and time consuming things in the summer hols. I will try.

I am kind of drowning in marking at work at the moment. I have a whole pile waiting to be done in the next few days so I shouldn't be on here. I am v naughty.

I hope you are well and v rich.

I had better go and do some work or Steve and Andy will shoot me. They keep ringing to check I have made progress with my marking pile.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    YAY hello petal and well done on your thread :j :j,

A new kitchen would be amazing, good luck with saving to get the funds to do this. You know I will help you any way I can :A
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • 3Dogs
    P.S. have you done your marking yet ......................
  • Brallaqueen
    Brallaqueen Posts: 1,355 Forumite
    Hello savingwannabe! Good luck with your target and can't wait to see the results xx
    Emergency savings: 4600
    0% Credit card: 1965.00
  • savingwannabe
    edited 22 February 2015 at 4:47PM
    Thank you Brallaqueen, 3Dogs and Aesop so far I haven't sold anything on ebay. I have 3 days left and one watcher. Still I haven't spent any money which is good and payday in 8 days.

I keep looking at fleabay waiting for someone to buy my things and no one is yet! I am so impatient. Today I had to pay for transport to go to work but walked back. This has been a very low spend week for me.

I have been so tempted to buy really nice things on fleabay that are selling for bargain prices but I must say NOOOOOO.

I read some free pdf's on moneysaving that were not so good. But I keep looking in case I have missed any new ones. Has anyone ever read 'The Millionaire Next Door'? It is amazing.

My auction ends tomorrow and so far I only have one watcher. On a positive front, I have decluttered 2 sacks of spare clothes for 3Dogs charity (it took about 5 mins) and prepared work for tomorrow.
  • 3Dogs
    Thanks for sorting out the bags of clothes for our local dog rescue charity shop SW :happylove
  • savingwannabe
    Bless ya, despite watchers no one bidded on my fleabay items. I have lowered some prices and hope that they will succumb next week.
    I managed to walk to work today which was v moneysaving of me so all is not lost.

Payday on Friday. Hurrah.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 26 February 2015 at 6:59PM
    Executive decision made I am going to save £25 a month towards a kitchen and emergency fund.

If I get into problems I will withdraw cash from it. I may as well jump in with both feet as everyone else on this part of MSE has the same problems and seems to be giving it a go!

Fab news, passport came today - only took a week for a renewal. I am going to start researching good current bank accounts as I want a bonus that I can put into my kitchen fund!!!!

Has anyone ever heard of a blogger called Frugal Queen? She is an inspiration to me. I love Dave Ramsay too but I think Frugal Queen has been the most helpful to me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure