Is Cycling Money through my accounts each month Illegal ?

Options

Comments

• Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Does any bank specify in its T&Cs that the minimum monthly deposit has to consist of salary, tax credits or pension?
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    fraud has to involve some sort of deception - if you're not deceiving anyone then you're not comitting fraud
  • TheTracker
    TheTracker Posts: 1,223 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For every month of the last 10 years I've cycled an average of £30k a month through 10+ accounts, despite having a self assessment salary of £10k or less per annum from an income of £40k or less per annum. Never been bothered, in both senses of the word.
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does any bank specify in its T&Cs that the minimum monthly deposit has to consist of salary, tax credits or pension?

They realise it's impossible to enforce so as far as I'm aware, no.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    In the olden days (rememeber them) before the internet this was done by cheques and called cross-firing.
    It was frowned upon by banks then.

What OP is doing is not illegal .........BUT some banks may not like it and could choose to close their account without giving any reason.
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They are probably glad to have the increased customer base so they can push their mortgage / personal loan/credit card special offers. Which is also an added benefit to us.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll be going to jail for at least 10 years.

Joined by about half of us on this forum.

And Martin.
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    I do all of my money cycling on the same day by standing order. Never had a problem.
  • paragon909
    paragon909 Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    Options
    What a weird way of conducting your banking business, Why the hell does anyone need 8 current account lol. Banks may freeze accounts if they see a pattern.

It's not like your earning interest funds.... Do you OP just like seeing money being sent about... Like a kid with sweets.
  • chambta
    chambta Posts: 2,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    paragon909 wrote: »
    What a weird way of conducting your banking business, Why the hell does anyone need 8 current account lol. Banks may freeze accounts if they see a pattern.

It's not like your earning interest funds.... Do you OP just like seeing money being sent about... Like a kid with sweets.

It IS done to make money. Why else?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport