ERUDIO student loans help

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • thin_king
    thin_king Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts - the interest earned alone takes me over the threshold (when combined with earnings - I was very close anyway!) so I will be liable for repayment. Its been along time coming but to be honest in some strange way I will be glad to not have the stress of trying to obtain a deferment.
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Well my adjudicator failed to do one thing r calculate my earnings as apparently it's not part of her job. Her manager agreed. I've taken it all the way to the independent assessor. If they had answered that one question themselves instead of asking erudio I wouldn't have got in arrears. I've now agreed with the ombasmans decision and opened another complaint with Erudio as I have extra evidence. So awaiting on the ia and erudio. Sigh
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • gardenia101
    gardenia101 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Made no reference either way.

hi9Nyk8.png

Sorry Fermi if I'm being thick (wouldn't be the first time :D) but are you saying that SLC didn't make a reference either way regarding the inclusion of inheritances as income?

If so, I'm not sure I follow. I thought that as inheritances themselves (i.e. the capital) were non-taxable due to double taxation rules, then aren't SLC saying to exclude them (as non-taxable payments)?

Although I tried that argument with child maintenance - should be excluded as non-taxable under double taxation rules, but does seem to count as income for SL reasons.

fermi wrote: »

That's the one - thanks Fermi.

I can't find any specific mention of inheritance in it though. Or child maintenance as apposed to maintenance.
    thin_king wrote: »
    Thanks for all the posts - the interest earned alone takes me over the threshold (when combined with earnings - I was very close anyway!) so I will be liable for repayment. Its been along time coming but to be honest in some strange way I will be glad to not have the stress of trying to obtain a deferment.

I do envy you not having to deal with Erudio & all it entails. Its not fun.
    And I find that looking back at you gives a better view, a better view...
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I would say an inheritance is capital not income so should not be declared to Erudio.

Quite frankly it's none of their business.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • gardenia101
    Options
    dizzybuff wrote: »
    Well my adjudicator failed to do one thing r calculate my earnings as apparently it's not part of her job. Her manager agreed. I've taken it all the way to the independent assessor. If they had answered that one question themselves instead of asking erudio I wouldn't have got in arrears. I've now agreed with the ombasmans decision and opened another complaint with Erudio as I have extra evidence. So awaiting on the ia and erudio. Sigh

Oh Dizzybuff, it's such s saga, isn't it. I hope Erudio reply to your complaint more quickly than my latest. They've ignored 2 emails & 2 letters (sent signed for) & I expect if I rang them, they'd deny all knowledge of what has happened to those letters between someone signing for them & now. The only excuse I haven't heard is that someone other than one of their employees must have signed for that letter :rotfl:

Don't really want to ring them though - they'll say one thing then not give the transcript/copy of that call to FOS when FOS request it to prove my side of events - but that seems to be another thing that my adjudicator can't do anything about either. I did stupidly assume that if there was a call between me & Erudio, then there would be a record of that call that Erudio would have to produce - silly me.

Maybe they're ignoring me because I'm in deferment? Although I'd expect any other company to still communicate with me when I raise complaints.
  • Sameboattogether
    Options
    I spoke to them last week & calls are most definitely recorded as my call had to be paused with a few key presses from them and then restart of recording again, after payment was given to the csr, with a few more key presses!! They made sure I knew and was very quick to restart recording before any further chatter/ questions. So using your phone bill for no / time / date / length of call proof Fos surely will have to force Erudio to find recording ?.....?? I expect they will claim deleted by then but I think they keep the calls for ages to cover themselves, in reality, tbh. And supposedly for our benefit .....
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's perfectly legal for you to record the call too, as long as you inform them.
  • Former_MSE_Paloma
    Options
    A graduate has reported receiving a letter from student loans provider Erudio, which quoted incorrect regulations ...
    Read the full story:

Received a letter from Erudio quoting outdated regulations? Let us know

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • gardenia101
    Options
    I spoke to them last week & calls are most definitely recorded as my call had to be paused with a few key presses from them and then restart of recording again, after payment was given to the csr, with a few more key presses!! They made sure I knew and was very quick to restart recording before any further chatter/ questions. So using your phone bill for no / time / date / length of call proof Fos surely will have to force Erudio to find recording ?.....?? I expect they will claim deleted by then but I think they keep the calls for ages to cover themselves, in reality, tbh. And supposedly for our benefit .....

Oh I know they do record calls - when I was told I had to make a payment by c/c then I went through the same explanation with their staff member, & had the odd clicks & noises when the recording started again.

I also had a bizarre chat about how they'd have to record my c/c details to be able to process my refund.

There was a particular call that I assumed FOS would get, since they said they we're asking for ALL info regarding my case. But that call didn't appear, so I'm hoping FOS will chase it up. Again.
    Lungboy wrote: »
    It's perfectly legal for you to record the call too, as long as you inform them.

Missed that boat, sadly. All in writing now I'm older & wiser.
    MSE_Paloma wrote: »
    A graduate has reported receiving a letter from student loans provider Erudio, which quoted incorrect regulations ...
    Read the full story:

Received a letter from Erudio quoting outdated regulations? Let us know

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

I'm wondering if this is about me or another poor soul? I know I'm not the only one to get such a letter. Would MSE email me to ask my permission to use me as a story?

Clicking on the link takes me to a longer version of the story on the main MSE site, yet clicking on a link from that page (where it says to comment/discuss) this just takes me back to the same page with the longer story - sums up beautifully how anything to do with Erudio has us going round in circles :rotfl: but I thought it would link to a forum thread. Puzzled.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback