Back to try again..

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry to hear about your sister's brother :( Hope he pulls through.

That's a shame about the course too, I hope you manage to sort something.

I'm self managing and it's very easy, especially if you use the NEDCAB website to produce all the letters for you.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Sorry you've had a bad day. Hoping things get better for you and that your sister's brother pulls through x
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Thank you both. Still waiting for another update, he is Europe for work, so his family are on the way over now. I feel so sorry for my brother and sister and the whole side at their family.

That's good to know Jwil. I am hoping to sit down at some point and really have a look through it all and decide.
    SPC 076
  • Oh dear, sending good wishes to you & your family.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Thinking of you and your family Robin. When people's lives are in the balance, it kind of puts all of our financial problems into perspective. It's only money after all, we have our health and a roof over our heads - we need to be thankful for that x
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Robin09
    Thank you all! He made it through the night, but the next few days are critical. He has had to have a part of his skull removed to release pressure and the trauma surgeons are working around the clock on his shattered legs and eye sockets :( he is in a really bad way. It is a horrible time for them all, made worse for it happening in Europe.

You are totally right DMP_Tiger! There is plenty things more important than money. I think I have mentioned that the majority of our debt is due to DH gambling. This was accumulated in the space of 3 months, his way of coping with his father passing away after a very short illness. It wasn't good, I was mad for a few days and cried about it all but it is just money, we had just lost his father which was way worse. So we've just coped with it as best as we can and get on with it. Everyone copes differently and that was just his way. I could see the relief on his face when I found out, and it hasn't been a issue since (well apart from paying it all back of course :rotfl:).

Today at work I had a chat with my boss about the college course changing and that I wasn't sure what to do. She was very keen on me to do it and didn't want me to give up my space. We have agreed that I will come into work after the course. I will not be home in time for DD school pick up, so my parents have offered to get her. Will need to have a look around for a car seat for their car. I'm glad I will be able to do both.

Spent the afternoon with best friend, coffee and a chat with no little ones. Was lovely!

Spends today will be £1 tonight, as the tooth fairy is visiting DD for the first time :) I have no idea if that's the going rate these days, but that's what she's getting :cool:
    SPC 076
  • Oh Robin, it sounds like an awful accident he had. It certainly does put things into perspective doesn't it.

Well done for not giving up on the course, it's great that your boss and your parents are being so supportive.

Tooth fairy usually leaves £1 here too.
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Really sorry to read this. Take great care x
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Robin09
    Thank you all again,

Unfortunately we have heard it was a hit and run :( no change today, but no news is good news sometimes so we are all hoping he can pull through. He is definitely putting up a good fight.

Out this morning to see DN for his birthday. He was off to the cinema so DS decided to go along, so gave him money for that. Bakery was too much to resist today so ended up in there :o so only have £4 left of weekly money but should be fine.

I woke with a bad headache that has lingered all day, so I have got none of my jobs done that I wanted to be done with today. So have just been chilling at home most of the day. DD is tired out after her week back at school so she was happy to not do much. Did not help that she woke us all up at 4.30 to tell us the tooth fairy had been :rotfl: very happy with her shiny pound coin.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Yesterday was just spent at home again, doing a bit of painting in the hallway. Nearly finished now, looking so much better. One week back at school and DD is already full of a cold :( put a few drops of olbus in her humidifier tonight to try clear her nose. DS had his best friend back after school, oh the joys of a sarcastic teenager when they are with their friends.

Work this morning and then back home to carry on sorting, have filled the car boot ready for a charity shop run. Monthly payment to SC went out. Still waiting for my PIN renewal to come in the post, doesn't really matter as I usually only use it now to get the weekly money but DH can do it with his card until it gets sorted.

Waiting in tomorrow for packages. Nothing I have ordered. My brother has his own business that gets very busy in the run up to Christmas, so he employs lots of every temp staff. I do the one job that can be done from home, as his factory is nowhere near to me. It's a easy job but time consuming. It's been a good way for me to earn Christmas money over the years though.
    SPC 076
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure