Comments

• AdventureWanted
    AdventureWanted Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Today's pads
    £3 to CC2
    50p to EF
    18p to debt savings

I have finally transferred my debt savings to the mortgage today. Balance sent across was £10.61, which is just from my bank round downs during April and including today. I think I'm going to continue sending the odd pence to the mortgage, as I haven't missed that money during the month and the EF is looking ok at just over £1k. I must admit I hadn't really though too much about the daily interest being charged on the variable mortgage until Jwil explained her daily mortgage pad, but having looked at our mortgage it really does make sense to try and cover the 33p daily interest, especially as we only pay just over £20 a month for that mortgage element. (Nb. Our main mortgage bit is on a 2 yr fixed rate and costs a lot more than £20 :rotfl:).

I've done loads of washing today, which dried on the line within about an hour of going out :D. Tomorrow we are visiting my family for the afternoon, so I'm hoping to put at least one load of washing on before we leave, maybe 2 depending on how early I wake up. You never know by the end of tomorrow I may actually be able to see the bottom of the washing basket!!
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    Debt at highest - £43,148.59
    Current debt - £18,880.00
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    This weather does help getting the washing done doesn't it. Have a lovely time visiting family tomorrow.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Those small payments make a big difference and you are right, you don't tend to miss them :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • AdventureWanted
    Had a really lovely bank holiday Monday visiting family. The DC loved playing with their cousins and we had a really relaxed lunch and afternoon in the garden chatting with my siblings, nieces, nephews and parents.

Today me & the DC have had a much needed quieter day. DC1 has finished reading another chapter book to me, which I'm really pleased about. He seems to have finally found his reading mojo and doesn't mind doing it now. On occasions he actually quite likes reading.

Today's pads
    £3 to CC2
    £1.28 to debt savings

Im unsure whether to continue saving the odd pence to debt savings each month and then at the end of the month send the money across to the mortgage, or just pay any bank round downs to the mortgage as they occur. The interest is paid daily so in that respect the sooner it's paid the better, but on 33p daily interest (£3k balance) I'm guessing it's not going to make too much of a difference. Will have to have a think about it.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • AdventureWanted
    Today the £130 dd payment for CC4 has
    Come out. Balance is now at £12,090, so next month it will finally be in the next money bracket. Am looking forward to it being under £12k.

I've rounded down the bank account and sent £1.50 to CC2 and 37p to debt savings.

DH should hopefully get paid this Friday for some work he completed a few weeks ago. We've been waiting for the money for over 2 weeks, so will be nice to have it. DH went into work yesterday and did 6.5 hours and will most probably be going in again after his course today. Really hoping he can get to a minimum of 10 hours this week. Obviously any more would be fantastic, as when we budgeted for his course we did it on the basis of no earnings, so every hour worked is an added bonus.

Can't believe how quickly this year is going so far. It really is crazy that it's May already. CC2's 0% ends in July, so really hoping I can pay this off on time. Balance is currently £2,392.50. I've got the £180 dd still to come out this month, as well as my £325 payment on pay day. Hopefully DHs additional hours will allow us to pay some extra money to the CC. Really don't want to have to balance transfer it, especially if the balance is only around £1k. Next Wednesday is the final day of DH course, so I'm hoping he may be able to go into work on Thurs and Fri, before having the weekend off for DC1s birthday, then he's away from the Monday for 7 nights. Will have to remind DH to speak to work about next week.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    I hope you manage to pay off the CC before the 0% ends. I'll be in a similar position at the end of the year. I can't believe it's May either !! I feel like it's flown but also it's dragging if that even makes sense pahaha. The debt isn't shifting fast enough but all of a sudden 5 months have gone since I started my diary.
    It's good that your husbands course is almost over , that's gone quickly.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck with clearing the card :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • AdventureWanted
    Thanks storm & Jwil.

Today I've had my renewal letter through for my car insurance. Need to do a comparison, but I need to figure out first how many years no claims I have. Annoyingly the insurance company I'm currently with have no claims over 9 yrs written down as 9 years and not the actual figure. I had a car accident years ago (can't remember exactly when, but DH and I hadn't been dating that long so must be about 14 years ago). I vaguely recall losing 2 years no claims, but should have all my no claims after that. I guess I'm going to have to try and find old insurance documents, although not sure if I've still got them...

Also up for renewal is our kaspersky internet security (3 computers) subscription. Need to look at other options, then I'll most probably ask my dad who he uses and just chose that!!

Last night DH and I booked our family holiday - hooray!! We are off to Staffordshire, which will hopefully be lovely. We've promised to take the kids to CBeebies land, which we are all quite excited about. Need to look into places to visit, especially any good educational places (English heritage, etc), where we can pre-arrange a Home education trip, which sometimes allows us to use school admission prices. Hoping to do lots of free activities, so hoping there are national trust properties around we can visit, as well as lots of walking.

I haven't made any daily pads today, as my bank account was very nicely rounded :). Hoping to update my finance spreadsheet tonight and see if my dfd has changed.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
  • AdventureWanted
    Today I've paid £92.50 to CC2.

Last night I managed to update my finance spreadsheet, but I'm not sure how to apply my repayments once CC2 is paid off. I know it's thinking ahead, but it'll give me a few months to decide. I had originally planned to move onto paying off CC3, as the 0% ends Dec 2019. However, the 0% CCs DH took out for his course (which I haven't included within my debt listing as I deem it to be business expenses) run out before CC3. I REALLY REALLY want to clear CCs 2,3&4, but I have that niggling thought that financially it would make more sense to pay off the course CCs. The downside to this is it wouldn't change my figures and I really want them gone. Maybe I should just try and reduce the course CCs as much as possible, whilst keeping on plan for CC2,3&4, then just balance transfer whatever is there. We always knew that we would be paying his course fees off over 18 months or more. Hmmm, will have to think some more.

DH spoke to work last night about returning and they've said he can come back whenever he wants, in fact the sooner the better. Is such a relief, as I had visions of them turning around and saying they no longer wanted him. I'm really looking forward to him getting properly back into a work shift in June and hopefully doing a few extra days to try and make up for the lost work in Apr/May.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
  • AdventureWanted
    Wow this weekend has flown by. My plan for this weekend was to do accounts work (big fail), tidy the house ready for friends visiting tomorrow (majority done) and sort through clothes DC3 has outgrown (not done). I'm reasonably pleased with the amount of housework I managed to do - the rooms I cleaned look brilliant, but I haven't managed to sort through the dining room clutter which I had hoped to do. DH has said the house looks fine for guests, but I always feel like I'm being judged on my housewife skills when people come over and the house is always still cluttered. Really hoping one day I manage to be clutter free and really organised.

On Friday I managed to find a bike for DC1s birthday and DH collected it yesterday. It's got some stone chips on it, which DH has said he'll try and repaint, but I'm so unbelievably happy that we managed to get a bike. Added bonus was it only cost £40! Think I've almost finished getting bits for DC1s birthday. Bought more wrapping paper today, but haven't managed to get cards yet. Need to check that I've got all the ingredients needed to make a birthday cake and make final decisions on the cake design. I love baking cakes, but do find icing them really stressful! They never turn out quite as I would like (usually the icing is a bit bumpy, rather than being perfectly smooth).

Money wise we are almost up to our £300 for food shopping for the month. The freezer is very full, so hopefully we will only need to buy milk and bread for the rest of the month. Need to do an updated inventory of the freezer, fridge and cupboards soon. Hopefully doing this will help us stay within budget.

Today's pads
    £20 to CC2.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback