My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes.. Uh-oh indeed!

The world as I know it will be changing in about 12 weeks time.... due to the level of reporting required when we are inducted into the workplace pension scheme next year.... I have been asked to change to MONTHLY PAY!!!!

I have graciously agreed - can't see that I have much choice to be fair! Well, it has been good whilst it lasted... but it will soon be all over!

The only upside to this is that I will have to spend ages updating my spreadsheets that run right until the end of next year based on weekly wages!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • angie_baby
    angie_baby Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh no nats!

Ive recently gone from monthly to weekly and I prefer weekly!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Aaaaannngggiiiie!

Hi!!

I have been paid weekly for about 15 years! Monthly will be a shock to the system!
  • kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh Nats! I guess it's what you get used to, I'm sure you'll have it sorted in your head soon enough ☺
    We've had problems where I work with the pension scheme, not good :(
    I'm still looking for a new job, waiting to hear back from an interview I had at the weekend but they advised two weeks before they would tell anyone.

Glad you've got to your payout amounts, annoying that you'll have to wait such a long time to actually get the dosh!

Take care x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All! *waves* at Angie and KD!

Payday! Not sure exactly when the transfer from weekly to monthly will be happening - but I have had a little play around with my spreadsheet and I can cover the change. They may do a couple of months at fortnightly pay to ease the change, but to be honest I think they may as well just go straight to monthly and have done with it. Once it has changed, I will change the dates on my DD's and SO's so they come out at the beginning of the month and then I can see what I am left with.

Still waiting for the £40 from O.poll and the e-voucher from T0lun4! Grrr.

Re-listed some items on fleabay - no sales yet though!

Managed to pick up a lovely pair of dark blue trainers (just the colour I wanted) in TKM4XX for the princely sum of £12.00. Shame they have ruined the back of my heels! Need a bit of wearing in and then I am sure they will be fine! :)

Bit of a busy one coming up this weekend - out with OH, my mum and S-Dad this evening for a meal (our treat / fathers day). Tomorrow evening I am off to a music concert with my cousin and then Sunday my Dad is coming down to visit so that will probably be lunch out etc! A bit spendy but hey-ho!

I suppose I had better do some work - have a grrreaat weekend all! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Ooh, have just popped over to another thread regarding flight delay compensation (as I am still battling from a 19hr delay 3 years ago) and it looks like the only way to claim it is going to be through a compensation company (solicitor)! I think I will get all the relevant paperwork together over the weekend and submit it next week. Compensation x 7 people would be nice.... even paying 25% for the privilege it is more than we have now and more than we are likely to get if I keep battling on my own!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    So, I had an email this afternoon saying that as discussed my wages would be paid monthly from 1st July! Erm...........NO!! I agreed to go straight to monthly instead of the interim fortnightly pay - but the general time frame for this was 12+ weeks. Anyway... I have had a play around with my spreadsheet (the best half hour of my day!) and have agreed to go monthly from the 1st September. I worked out that as we are currently paid a week in arrears, I would get a full weeks pay on the 2nd September and 3 days pay on the 9th. Meaning that I am really only going 2.5 weeks with no pay before I get Septembers payment in on the 28th September. I have asked for standardised monthly pay meaning that I will get 12 equal payments over the year rather than small fluctuations based on the number of days worked! That makes life easier!
    Right, I am just waiting for the cleaner to finish and then dashing home, hopefully with enough time to make myself look presentable for dinner tonight (damp weather plays havoc with my hair! lol)

xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Flight delay compensation form filled out and submitted! Should be 400euros per passenger (x7), less 25% and a £25 charge per person. If it is successful it should come out around £190 each. I know I am paying for this, but I honestly have reached the end of the line myself and these people seem to get results with this particular airline! Just need to sit back and be patient now! Yeah, because I am good at that!
    Had a lovely weekend - even if it was a bit spendy! GULP - Quite spendy!!
    Work til Friday then away Sat-Mon! Whoop whoop! Event and hotel already paid for so just additional spends to cover.

Have a great week everyone! x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!
    Had a 'free bet' come through yesterday from an online betting site that I haven't used for about 8 years. Popped the bet on Wales to win last night and today I am £9.50 better off... or I will be when they send my cheque! Cheque? I know! That's what happens when you delete all your card details from sites and can't be bothered to set them up again! lol
    So, part of the 0% on the PO CC ends at the end of July - phoned up last night to check how much it was and will set up a payment to clear that when its due. The remainder is due at the end of July 2017 - so I can earn a years worth of interest off just over £600.00!
    Still no money from 0.Poll, no voucher from T0lun4 and no news on the flight compensation! Boooo!
    Ran some provisional figures through a 'workplace pensions calculator' yesterday - looks like the starting figure to pay is pretty tiny. I am hoping that by the time is goes up my student loan would have been completely paid off and the money that was paying that will go to the pension instead meaning I shouldn't notice any / much difference in my pay.

That's all folks! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Soooo - been thinking! As I do!

Looking ahead to being paid monthly (eurgh!) it means I need to change the point in the month when I transfer funds over to my savings account to earn interest. At the moment, I transfer some weekly so that it builds and then I pay the CC out of it and this goes on week after week but it means the balance is always quite good, maximising the amount of interest I can earn.
    On monthly pay, I need to transfer the money in one hit when I get paid, but then the CC gets paid and the balance will be quite low - until I get paid again! So I won't be earning as much interest as I previously was. I think I need to see how it sits after the first couple of months and see if I can transfer money at different times to increase the amount of interest earned.
    Also..... I was thinking that when I get paid, I could transfer the money that I send to the 'house account' (£225 on the 5th and £225 on the 19th of each month) over to the savings account and then set up the SO from there to the 'house account'. So that's interest on a bit more each month whilst it is sat there!
    With me so far?? lol x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback