Faulty Samsung TV

2»

Comments

• robdeighton
    robdeighton Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2019 at 8:27PM
    Les79 wrote: »
    The onus is on them (the company if you go for your consumer rights, or the manufacturer if you go for your warranty rights) to prove that a fault is inherent or not..

BUT if they cannot replicate the fault then they have nothing to work from. So you'd need to provide some sort of evidence to show that a fault exists, and then the manner of it can be investigated. So provide your recordings.

You mention "random" a lot, however you also have indicated that there are numerous possible triggers for it (the HDMI use and watching concerts) so I really don't think you'd struggle to gather the evidence (and you should have suggested that to them as well!) under the right conditions. My only worry, and backed up with your sentence "drop outs are so small you probably wouldn't be able to hear them anyway", is that the issue is a borderline non-issue and either due to the wiring (which can be a legitimate cause) or "PEBTAC".

i will provide my recordings. to say that it is a non-issue its a bit ignorant, this TV cost £349 and has a problem. If you bought a TV or any other product that had a issue/fault for a large amount of money you would 'live with it' or would you try and get a resolution?

And again "i said drop outs are so small you probably wouldn't be able to hear them anyway" in the context of samsung hearing the problem down the phone.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    i will provide my recordings. to say that it is a non-issue its a bit ignorant
    Really? The store could not replicate the problem. I'd say it was therefore a non issue
    If you bought a TV or any other product that had a issue/fault for a large amount of money you would 'live with it' or would you try and get a resolution?
    I'm afraid I would not regard £349 as a large amount of money for a TV set. Hardly "high end", is it?
    this TV cost £349 and has a problem.
    Last of the big spenders are you? :D
  • Really? The store could not replicate the problem. I'd say it was therefore a non issue

I'm afraid I would not regard £349 as a large amount of money for a TV set. Hardly "high end", is it?

Last of the big spenders are you? :D

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit i find. to you it may not be a lot of money, but to some it could be. you don't know my circumstances or anything about me, so i would you suggest you keep your opinions against me to yourself.

You are right in that in store the problem did not happen - that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.... i would suggest you read some pages over at the Samsung support forums from others with the same problem:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    to you it may not be a lot of money, but to some it could be
    The point is that your TV cost £349. That means it's at the budget end of the spectrum and you should therefore not expect the same quality of picture and sound as a set costing £3490, for example.

I'm not "judging" you for not being able to afford more, but I am saying your expectations are grossly exaggerated based on what you have paid.

If you continue to fail in replicating the "fault", the most you can expect is a refund of your £349..
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    i will provide my recordings. to say that it is a non-issue its a bit ignorant, this TV cost £349 and has a problem. If you bought a TV or any other product that had a issue/fault for a large amount of money you would 'live with it' or would you try and get a resolution?

And again "i said drop outs are so small you probably wouldn't be able to hear them anyway" in the context of samsung hearing the problem down the phone.

Righto, listen I don't mind being called "ignorant" if I am being ignorant but I felt that I told you precisely where you stand, so I feel that it is you who has the attitude problem here.

Good luck getting a resolution.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport