£100 plus hamper for "Funeral Fund" at A&L

Not quite sure where to put this one..... as it is a grabbit, is financial advice, plus it's a freebie.

Been told on very good advice that Alliance Leicester are launching a new "Funeral Fund". (Ie it pays costs towards your funeral when the time comes.....)

There is a bonus in it for taking the policy......... that's £100 by cheque when the policy goes "live" and a free hamper. Now apparantly as soon as the policy goes live, (after the first payment goes out,) you can cancel the policy with no penalty. (I will get my forms and check them myself later....) if so, this means you can get £100 plus a hamper for a one month payment of £10, (depending on your circumstances, age etc.)

See here for the technical bits!

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/insurance/index.asp?page=home&ct=flashinsurance100poundscashbackquarternarytilesept05

Free Hamper is in branches only!
Waddle you do eh?

Comments

• WOW !!!! That looks dead good. lololol !!!!
    Onwards and Upwards ;)
  • cant see info about funeral fund
  • Not really Dieing to try this one! :rotfl:
    (I know - what can I say...I was up all night)
  • Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Terms and conditions for all the others say "as long as it is not cancelled, the payment will be made within 60 days". Which means probably need to make 2 or 3 months payment. Still good though.

On an aside, can you not take out all their policies on that page and get several £100 cheques??? ;).

Im sure you cant...
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • zak1976
    zak1976 Posts: 352 Forumite
    No, one application per 30 days. and no the funeral policy is not on yet.... this is hot off the press news...... only employees know about it so far! (And apparently they will not be running and add campaign for it!)
    Waddle you do eh?
  • Babbler
    Also:
    "
    Only one cashback claim can be made per customer in any thirty day period.
    Alliance & Leicester reserve the right to reclaim the cashback payment if the policy is cancelled. "

So its very unlikely to be that easy :(
  • Babbler
    zak1976 wrote:
    No, one application per 30 days. and no the funeral policy is not on yet.... this is hot off the press news...... only employees know about it so far!

If they didnt claim it back that would work out at about £70 better off per month for a while - take one out per month :D

If only life were that easy...
  • Just typical those STIFF terms and conditions.
    Its never dead easy with these things,ok nuff puns thank you.
    Onwards and Upwards ;)
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zak1976 wrote:
    So it's an insurance policy rather than savings? Still, £100 cashback is worth a look! Wonder if you have to say whose funeral you're saving for?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport